1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards s775 Mobo to Fix Broken System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Technobod, 6 Feb 2011.

1. Technobod

Technobod Minimodder

Hi,

Being someone who's only really got into PCs and hardware etc since 1156 I don't really know what I'm doing with s775 so I would appreciate some advice from the veterans :thumb:.

I have a broken system which I inherited, Q6600, DDR2 and a couple of SATA 2 drives.

I'm really just looking for a half reasonable all rounder of a s775 motherboard to replace the unmarked or branded one that's broken (OEM). A degree of overclockability would be an added bonus but as its not my main system its not essential.

Any recommendations? preferred supplier is Scan, but significant price differences would swing it.

2. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Asus P5Q is a stable motherboard that has been recommended but do you really want to buy brand new when theres a lot of LGA775 motherboards on sale second hand that you could pick up for a very good price. Asus ROG boards are always available at decent prices if you shop around (ebay etc)

3. danielleil

danielleil Can't stop spending...

I just had a look on scan but everything that was any good has been discontinued. I'd be looking to ebay for something like a P5Q-E

4. danielleil

danielleil Can't stop spending...

Or get yourself up to 75 posts so that you can have a look on the marketplace with this forum. I haven't had a look but have heard it is good.

5. carpetmonster

carpetmonster What's a Dremel?

Look for a P5Q Pro, E or Deluxe, they are great boards, had a Vanilla and a Deluxe. Otherwise Ebuyer have a few, but more basic chipsets.

6. Technobod

Technobod Minimodder

Marketplace?- hadn't even heard of it :eyebrow:

But anyways, Thanks all, I know what I'm shopping for now :thumb:

7. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

G31 chipset will do some overclocking.

not as good as as P45 mind you but it will overclock midly and you can still grab the gigabyte G31 board from scan or ebuyer