1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Agosen, 7 Feb 2011.

1. Agosen

Agosen What's a Dremel?

Hi Folks.
    Just recently watched the crysis 2 demo and it looks fantastic, for me the fist crysis was fun but the armour abilities didn't seem to work as well as I first had hoped.

The video I watched is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1YDkLIGtqU

Thoughts on this?
    Looks like more of a cinematic trailer but if they make it work with armour abilities seamlessly (Kinda like Halo: Reach did but these abilities seem more gamebreaking) I think this game could be great.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

question:
    how many crysis2 threads does it take to make a forum sick of this game?

i like the old suit modes the way they were, but that's just me watching and trying to mimic Gunsmith's moves.

3. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I'm not a fan of how they've streamlined the nanosuit abilities to suit a controller, plus that sliding manoeuvre looks overpowered as hell.

Still, I could be wrong and it might be fantastic, but I personally love Crysis as it is (minus the crappy half of the campaign).

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This.
    The amount of alien-shooting in the Crysis 2 footage so far suggests they decided the crappy part of Crysis was the best part to replicate for the sequel.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

expect the worst and you can only be suprised, expect great things and you'll often be dissapointed.

im ignoring it until its on my hdd

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

What anticipation? I expect it will be more of the same.

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

If it doesn't play right on an Xbox/PS3 then it's clearly not a decent game at all, despite how much those goddamn consoles are holding back the entire industry. Death to consolification.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Oh you mean generic fps shooter, loud n00b calling, nothing inventive or creative about the first-person shooter genre? Yep... can't even go "My pc can play Crysis" this time round eh?

8. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Must admit, I came from Far cry to Crysis and then onto Warhead. Love the Island campaign especially trying out new ways to complete each bit. The tank battle scene still gets me moist.

Off to watch the video to see if it's any cop... Definitely going to buy it when it's out, but it's a case of do I finish Just Cause 2 first....

9. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

It does look a bit good... Not sure of the "Power slide" function though. Hope they don;t take all the skill out of the game because that was one of the things that first drew me to the game. That and the amazing scenes and your interaction

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Digital Foundry's tech analysis of the demo indicates happy times ahead for PC gamers.

11. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Fantastic news! I'll be glad when this happens alot to be honest!

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I just hope Crytek have discovered 'optimisation' this time round!

13. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

'3xSLI KFA2 GTX580'

You need optimisation?

As much as I'd like all the extra graphical goodness a PC can deliver, if the gameplay has been wrecked by consolification it won't mean anything. It'll just be a glorified tech demo, and the original Crysis got stick for that in the first place.

Then again, there could be some good mods that'll elevate the PC version to levels of awesomeness not seen before.

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

hopefully there will be "original Crysis suit" mod :D

and "KPA mod" where it replaces all aliens with KPA soldiers.

15. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Agreed. If there are no suit modes anymore I'll be angry. I don't want "Press A to jump high, hold left stick to sprint"...

16. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

You describe console commands +loads 12.7mm rifle+ start running sir... start running...

17. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

I know, but unless they have done some serious overhauling of the mechanics between the games then if its just "press A to etc." on consoles then its unlikely that proper suit modes will be in the PC version :(

EDIT: To be clear I *really* want them to have done the serious overhaul... but I find it unlikely.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

havent seen the "great strength" trailer im certainly more confident then I was. actually seing someone using the binocs to tag and track targets made me feel mushy inside.

cant beat a good bit of tagging and stalking :D

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Hmm, the interfaces on consoles really do suck don't they? Unless they use the number-pad to set the different attributes for the armour?

I wish games were made

1 - PC
    2 - Consoles

Not the other way around.

20. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

I dont understand how people try to ignore or hope the game focus on something else than the aliens when the story about it its precisely just that, a army who has to save the world from alien anihilation!!!

how the hell an alien anihilation could work without aliens??