1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How did your online name come about...

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Lord Xeb

Lord Xeb Derka Derpa Derka Derp

Mine came from XBL. I created a name (at the time I was interested in greek mythology) and started just playing with characters. Soon I came up with the name Lord Xebraethus and kept it. But NO ONE COULD PRONOUNCE IT RIGHT. So I shortened it to Lord Xeb. Used it ever since.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Good choices, I would have another if I could afford it (or needed one), had a 1961 Series 2A (14th one made) and then a '86 V8 90 which went like stink but was thirsty to say the least (between 14 and 18 mpg ish).

I used to go by another name on Yahoo Messenger way back when but I kept getting guys popping up and doing the whole 'uuuhh, are you a guy or chick, dude?' so a change was needed.

I went from swirlee_uk to Almightyrastus simply because this was an alternative given as all I could think about was a nickname an old friend of mine was given by his parents - Rastus, that was taken and Almightyrastus was on the list of suggestions.

I also go by Tzusskin in various places, that was the name of my first character when I played SWG, a big honkin' Trandoshan (lizard guy, think Bossk). I kept that as it it normally confuses the hell out of people when they try and work out how to pronounce it, mind you I have enough trouble with that as well so they normally stick to Tzu which I kinda like.

Landy_Ed likes this.
  3. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Same here. I was searching but found nothing.

4. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Mine's from the nickname of my footie team - Wycombe Wanderers (don't laugh!)

Last edited: 8 Feb 2011
  5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Based upon my surname, and originally came from Mankz_91, my first name on here, which was my original Hotmail back in the day before it got hacked.

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

First initial, last name, phone area code. boring old git

7. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

My name happens to have the chinese character for sea in it and sheer laziness? Try typing it out.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The force is strong with this one... :D

(Protip: it helps when you know the jist of a reply you posted in the thread you're searching for) ;)

9. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Kiytan was just a randomly made up word while i was trying to think of a character name, and though it sounded cool, have used it ever since (also, Kiy is meant to rhyme with sky, not sound like key :p)

Sometimes use Jato as well, which is the first two letters of my first and last name. (Has nothing to do with rockets :p)

10. Psycho

Psycho Average

[​IMG]

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm also sometimes known as "Flame" in games, but mostly "Unicorn". Hey, it's all in that little link in my sig \/ :) \/

12. Matticus

Matticus ...

Not from the clothing brand Atticus...

...Well it probably was for some people, but just not by me. Everyone I meet ends up occasionally calling me Matticus without any mention of it from me, I guess it just flows well.

I have dropped the "us" on some places of the internet, so it is just Mattic. Which then for my Relic online account evolved into DrumMattic (I play the drums).

/life story

13. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

Mine translates to "scarecrow." 'Cause I used to be tall and skinny. Now just tall.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I thought it was a synonym for "spam thread master"

when I was a kid I was a fan of Sonic. Then in 95 I saw Sonic and Knuckles in the sears catalog and, somehow, I knew how to pronounce the name despite the fact that I was a Frenchie who didn't speak a word of english. Now for some reason I remembered this ever since and back in 1999 I thought of knuckle (no S) for a nickname because I liked the sound of it. However there are millions of knuckle(s) in online games and my friends called me knuck so I switched. These days I often use KNKL as a diminutive of knuckle or knuckalicious which I think sounds awesome :hehe:

15. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

Nonsense you lying swine. I bet you all have those insufferable COD: MW2 names like this:

"^x-*^$n1P^a^H^W0^*l^F^[s#GBH-clan]".

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I was H¥ÞNرi©MøNkE¥»Fú®§« once in UT. It was an alias 'team'. We were all very well known players within the community but we used stupid names like this to grief anonymously :hehe:

also ®µMÞl€ÐFøRë§KîN

haha

I still think this name in unicode looks awesome. It could only be used in UT99 prior to the linux servers domination, but I loved it

K∕√цζΚŁΣ-X§®-

17. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Glaeken is one of the main characters and "savior-type" figure in the The Adversary Cycle series of books by F. Paul Wilson. Stumbled upon the last one in the library, Nightworld, then went back and read the first, The Keep. I was hooked and read the rest.

Game Names.
    Used Death's Hand in TFC and DoD mod. Just kind of came up with it, not too original though :p.
    Also used 3rd Horseman sometimes. Probably the least scary horseman but it sounded cool.
    Use Kilo Six Four now-a-days. One of the call signs of the Rangers in the Black Hawk Down book.
    Also use Urgent Fury sometimes, which was the mission name for the invasion of Grenada.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2011
  18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I killed the last person that used it and assumed his online identity.

19. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

For a while it was alexwilks88, which is my username pretty much everywhere else since Hotmail bestowed it upon me around '99. I think I switched to <A88> because I wanted something 'cooler' and was probably getting into PHP around the time I changed it. My best friend at the time ordered me a belt for my birthday which had my username printed on it; I still have it somewhere...

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I once gave someone in the music thread rep for liking Opeth and they didn't realise it was me even though I'd posted a few posts before.

(Ending Credits is an instrumental piece on Opeth's Damnation album, not sure why I chose it but it's sort of stuck. Sometimes I *******ize it into Enjin after Iain Bank's novel Fearsum Enjin)