1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware BenQ XL2410T Zowie Special Edition Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 9 Feb 2011.

1. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

All of my points in a nice concise little paragraph :)
    The issue is, people who know no better will look at this and go "oh dear, thats rubbish". Stick it up against any other 3D monitors and all of a sudden the screen quality gap is reduced significantly. I look forward to the day such reviews happen and also when IPS CAN be compared to a 120hz 3d monitor (thats when IPS is 120hz too!)

2. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Lost interest @ TN panel.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

4. DbD

DbD Minimodder

5. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

Every slightly serious FPS gamer I know will profess the benefits of 120Hz so I don't think you guys have really commented enough on the main feature here which is the refresh rate. An image quality comparison would make sense between 120Hz screens, not with a 60Hz IPS unit.

6. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Review actually says:
    Why are people producing so many 16:9 screens at the moment? I want more vertical space damnit!

7. neonlights

neonlights What's a Dremel?

i myself have this as a monitor and i picked the zowie up for £300. the screen is quite in my opinion. with 3d the brightness can be better but a really good screen.

120hz with benqs senseeye tech makes going really smooth. its a big difference to the 60hz 1920x1200 i use to have

comes with HDMI and side by side viewing meaning i can play ps3 while watching a film or have 2 pcs connected to the 1 screen.

2 cons of this screen is the its bulky for a led screen. i have another led screen and its 1cm thick. the benq is on par with a cathode size.

the other is the resolution. a 24inch screen should never have been 1080 i realli do miss a 1200 screen the size difference is alot to me.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

+1 :thumb:
    Because for some reason, any monitor that's not fit for correcting offset-print is just not good enough for Bit-Tech :D
    Monitors below a certain pricepoint just don't get tested (anywhere, not just Bit-Tech).:grr:

9. Player-x

Player-x What's a Dremel?

Ok nice monitor specs, but 1080p screen = FAIL!!!!

And then they also say this screen was geared towards Eyefinity/Surround Vision.
    Then 1080 pixel height is even a bigger fail, I have a triple monitor setup, and the only thing i don't like about it is the screen height.

I there was a 1920x1440 (3:4 )screen i would go for it, i would even prefere a 1920x1600 screen if it was there, but till then 1920x1200 (16:10) has to do.

10. Xir

Xir Modder

1920x1080 is the new 1280x1024 baby! :D

in other words, it's standard, cope with it.
    (and no, I don't like it either...my new 24" looks smaller than the old 19")

11. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

In all fairness, the reason all proper 120hz screens are only up to 1920x1080 is because of Nvidias reluctance to use displayport for it's graphics cards and 3d vision, as DVI doesn't have enough bandwidth.

12. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

This. One of the worst and least informative reviews I've ever read on any LCD.

You can compare it to whatever you want, but for a gaming LCD with 2ms 120hz and 5-10ms input lag max, that Viewsonic IPS with 14ms 60hz and 20-40ms input lag isn't going to cut it. I'm sure the colours and viewing angles look great though.

That Viewsonic IPS doesn't even have any RTC what so ever, at least the BenQ VA LED screens are starting to use some to get down to the 8ms level for GtG.

13. 3nncn

3nncn What's a Dremel?

I have Dell U2711 and i bet that colours and image quality are "different" than BenQ. However, for fast gaming Dell and ips-monitors are too slow, (input lag) colours and image quality doesn't change it. It's only good for movies, graphics and slow games. I just ordered BenQ XL2410T and I'm sure that will be much better for gaming. It's for fast games like warsow, quake, counter strike, CoD...

14. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Did you try "video" mode on the monitor.
    Menu > Color Settings > Mode Selection > Change from Graphic to Video.
    This (and game color profile) turns off the color processors to reduce input lag.

I can see here you are a super FPS crazy nuts, with reflexes beyond normal. Hence why you see the problem. Normally you don't see 30ms, even if you try, and it hasn't affected my FPS gaming.
    THAT, you aren't good, and you need to blame it on something.

15. 3nncn

3nncn What's a Dremel?

No I didn't, but I will try it later. I play warsow and I could say I'm good at it. With crt and fast tn-panel game is so much easier than with U2711. I don't have interest to play it on this screen, it just feels so weird to aim and I can't move properly. Maybe its just 30ms but I really can notice it. =)

16. 3nncn

3nncn What's a Dremel?

I tried that "video" mode and game color profile. It's a little better but not enough. Thanks anyway, I can use that before I get BenQ. :p

I remember when I got my first lcd-monitor (samsung 215TW) and before that I had crt. I was very confused when my skills dropped down dramatically. I didn't notice anything before I tried crt again. Well, after that I used crt for gaming. You make so much aiming unconsciously/reflexively after you've played a lot. That is much faster than your normal awareness. If there is that little lag between your movement and picture, you make much more mistakes. It is really frustrating. You can be good with lag but you are much better without it. (^^)

I'm also a photographer so I really need IPS or PVA screen. That's why I made same "mistake" again. ;)

17. Gambler FEX online

Gambler FEX online What's a Dremel?

120hz refresh rate also makes the cursor in winows and rts games much more precise. Competitive Starcraft players should get better with 120hz. Even C&C 3, which is capped at 30fps, still update the cursor overlay at screen refresh rate.

18. Gambler FEX online

Gambler FEX online What's a Dremel?

There's obviously a market for 120hz, 16-10, ips, rtc and zero input-lag monitors. Maybe we should team up and form a movement promoting this. Wake up at least on of the manufacturers.

19. PelleK

PelleK What's a Dremel?

120 hz is a must have for fps gamers - i personally love that about my samsung 2233 screen.

20. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Was researching this monitor, its now about 250 quid without the junk if you Google it. And what they say above, 120hz for gaming.

Tags: Add Tags