1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Crysis 2 leaked

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 11 Feb 2011.

1. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

I'll probably just wait for the demo to try it out. Provided the gameplay maintains some of the open-endedness of the original and the level editor is just as full-featured, I think it'll be a good buy. I'm not really crazy about shooters these days, but I'd rather give my money to Crytek than Activision.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

and somehow all PC Gamers are going to be blamed for this as if it was a huge conspiracy

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

does not link to the correct thread...

4. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Maybe it's like one of ubisofts games? When they leaked the game, then they got loads of support requests from downloaders because they intentionally broke the game? Was it batman arkham asylum? Anyone know if it's fully functional?

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

It seems to fully work looking around the web.

This is SO not good. If it was maybe a few days before release, that wouldn't be such a disaster, but this is just another strike against developing for the PC

6. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I was planning on skipping this games because it contains all the worst bits of crysis and none of the best bits. No doubt my missing purchase will be chalked up to piracy... [sigh]

7. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Yeah that was batman. I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case to be honest, but from what I've heard so far (facepunch thread) it seems to be fully functional. Also, if it was planned, why would the leak the DRM master key and editor?

8. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

One of the most anticipated games of 2011. The release will now be tarnished by this bollocks.

9. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

It seems to be a DirectX9 only dev built that crashes a lot

The good news is according to some that have accessed the leak it is indeed limited to DirectX9 only, and it reportedly crashes often as well. So with that said, the pirates aren't exactly getting the intended experience, and it's obvious that it's not representative of the final product.

10. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Feb 2011
  11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, from what I've seen, all pre-release stuff always has loads of errors. I'll be waiting for the full game, thank you very much.

Don't forget Doom 3!
    How do you even know that yet :eyebrow: ? You've judged before there are any reviews, let alone tried it for yourself.

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I always thought launch date games were buggy enough. Downloading this is just asking for trouble. Never really cared about Crysis so I don't really care about this, either. It's just a bit odd.

13. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Those shots aren't necessarily on max settings.

14. Centy-face

Centy-face Caw?

Personally I am finding this hilarious. Crytek were crying like little babies about piracy despite selling more than 1 million copies of Crysis and now they ran off to the safety of the consoles. Adding in a little to late with no PC beta the one platform that truly needs a bug testing beta and now through their own or EA's ineptitude the entire game is now in the wild.

I was never really interested in the game but I may partake of this as an extended demo of sorts since we aren't worthy of anything else. I played the early release of the STALKER Xray engine to do a system test but it contained very little code beyond that and I avoided the HL2 leak as I was very excited to play the full game when it came out. Some how if this was hacked out like Half Life 2 I don't see the culprit being apprehended by the goodness of the hacker community like was the case with HL2 I doubt there's enough love for Crytek these days. Sure it sucks for them and whatever poor ******* gets the sack for it but I was very unlikely to do more than play the eventual demo as a system stresser anyway so meh.

15. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Frankly, I want a disc to install it off if I get it. I think my internet connection might cry if I tried to download it.

This is most certainly bad news for Crytek as a developer though, someone's cocked up massively by leaking such a complete version.

16. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

the game actually doesn't look that impressive compared to the first one but i'll have a final say when i see the game in motion on a pc.

that is definitely a really nasty thing to do to Crytek since i'm sure they put a lot of time into. Perhaps Kotick had his Goon Squad carry out the op.

I doubt this will affect overall sales if the console versions sell well but it definitely makes the pc community look bad even though our community is all around good souled.

17. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Gunsmith, is this your revenge for Crytek not hiring you 10 years ago like they should have? Admit it! You went in there, guns blazing, tossing exploding barrels, and then accessed a dev's laptop on an oddly indestructable table... ***secondary objective complete***

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up bit-tech! I'll be downloading to check this out. Though if it's really only a DX9-running pile of crash, i might have to re-download it later.

18. Nature

Nature Minimodder

"In the light of this news, it's likely worth restating bit-gamer's position on discussion of piracy, namely that linking to or asking for illegal downloads will result in bans from the forum. Similarly, anyone offering advice on how to pirate games or seen to be inciting or encouraging piracy will be banned from the bit-gamer forums."

Interesting. Interesting, threat indeed.

19. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

GTA4 for Xbox 360 was online as torrent a whole 3 weeks before release,
    /sarcasm on
    *shock* a console game? Pirated? impossible!
    /sarcasm off
    same goes for quite a few other games in the past... but still... 1 Month early is really a bit too early...

20. dactone

dactone dact-one

anything that helps pc gaming im fore ! so i will be buying this tilte just for the good of pc gaming i hope whoever is ripping this game gets f**ked up .