1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crytek respond to Crysis 2 leak

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Feb 2011.

1. Baggpuss

Baggpuss What's a Dremel?

Tbh, if someone is quite happy to play the buggy dev build that was leaked chances are they wernt gonna get the retail one anyway. Playing a game with missing textures and which crashes all the time is just pointless. Tried the leaked game and im glad ive still got it on pre order as I'll enjoy the proper thing much more.

2. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

When Gears of War 2 was being fininshed the developers said that they wouldn't release it for the PC as anyone who had a rig powerful enough to play the game would obviously pirate it anyway - cheeky f****rs!

3. Bayaz

Bayaz What's a Dremel?

Crysis is having a crysis

4. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

It was leaked.
    To build up pre release hype and to blame any bad sales on piracy.

5. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

It really doesn't matter how it got out ahead of schedule because the point has been unquestionably proved that piracy is a major problem in pc gaming. Its fairly evident that a lot of people have downloaded this, otherwise it wouldn't be all over the torrent sites and bear in mind that a game like this has a fairly high minimum spec that is aimed at the enthusiast PC and therefore PC gamers. Theres no taking the moral high ground here, it is the PC gaming group that are downloading this game. If the conspiracy theorists are correct and this game has been leaked in order to prove that the PC is too insecure to develop for then good work for falling into their trap

6. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

+ 1

Question for EA/Crytek: What will entice the younger and poorer kids to go and buy Crysis 2 on day of release?
    Possible Answer: Maybe add some extra content or extra levels so it will be worth €60

@Mods
    Should the Crysis 2 threads be renamed as "Crysis 2 Crisis" :)

7. iworld

iworld What's a Dremel?

I a sure people are still going to buy the game

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'll wait for the review and buy it if it sounds good. Not at all interested in downloading the leaked beta.

I agree with what others have said regarding their statement on piracy, don't blame PC gamers when it's been leaked.

9. the-beast

the-beast What's a Dremel?

"We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on 22nd March" - Only if its released without any crappy online only DRM!!!, otherwise it will be boycotted by me at the very least.

Still waiting for Crysis warhead to be released without the crappy online DRM!

10. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

How have you came to this conclusion? :confused: How do you know some people aren't so interested in it, that they've downloaded it to just have a mess about? Especially considering it also includes the editor.

11. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

The fact that people are downloading it doesn't mean that people aren't going to buy it, it's not out yet is it? People have the option of having a taste of it now, and they're doing so, not "instead of buying it" because you can't yet. You also haven't addressed the issue that it's been leaked in the first place, and some how you think that piracy is the main issue here, and not the fact that some one from Crytek or EA have leaked the game themselves.

12. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

"Especially considering it also includes the editor"

Are we like ly to see modded maps in multiplayer? Colud this not end up being a good thing?

And while piracy is to be frowned upon, this began with a leak from Crytek/EA ...don't go blaming the PC community for this one folks!

13. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

I don't see why not, the editor is there and seems to be fully functional. I've downloaded the leak, and spent far more time playing with the editor than trying to play the game, which wasn't my intention in the first place anyway.

14. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

Got to agree with others here that the real culprit is the person(s) who leaked this beta build in the first place,. This build is apparently an internal build going by the YouTube videos so that likely means it was leaked by someone at EA, Crytek or someone doing a preview for a website or magazine. I hope that means it can be traced and that the person(s) responsible will be punished.

It's all very well asking people not to download it but if security had been tighter and a PC demo already available (as it is for the Xbox 360) then perhaps the temptation wouldn't have been there in the first place. I'm itching to play this game but I won't download this beta as I don't want to it to spoil playing the full release in March. A playable demo of the multiplayer mode, sooner rather than latter, would be nice though.

15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

EA has not released a single game during the last 10 years (besides their sports- and racing-games which are better played on a console to start with) that would've been worth buying.

Blaming piracy is really the last thing you should do, if you constantly release crappy games that are simply not worth buying.

16. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

There was a exe released by EA in a buried support page without the DRM. I was chuffed to say the least since my pc wasn't connected to the internet during launch.

17. Xir

Xir Modder

Meh, why download a beta?
    I'll wait for the Steam-Sale Dec.2012 :D

18. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I am more and more a believer that they leaked it them selfs only to get more souls to buy it on the 22nd of march.

19. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Jeez, I thought it was predominantly individuals who blame everybody else for their own problems (the bankers, the Government, lack of time, lack of money, there's so much 'good' stuff on TV I couldn't possibly achieve anything in life so I'll give out an equally trivial excuse, etc etc).

But Crytek having lax security and thus possible losing millions due to their own failings, and instantly trying to deflect by blaming everybody else?

Fail.

The fact that they instantly moved to blame piracy does IMO suggest that this was an intentional leak to give Crytek a basis to start moving away from the PC market. Either that or they're just a crappy company.

Either way, I now have little sympathy for Crytek considering their poor response to this leak.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2011
  20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: Same here & agreed.

Tags: Add Tags