1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware CM Storm Spawn Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

He's reaching down now, what's he got there?
    -OH NO IT'S THE CLAW!!!!!!

3. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Angle snapping sounds like it could be useful in graphics applications...

4. jcrider

jcrider Minimodder

I have the CM Inferno its fantastic!! If you're currently looking for a new mouse, then read the reviews on it this (the 'CM Inferno') before making a final decision.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

After years of Logitech-mice I'm now using the Steelseries Ikari as it's "palm-bulge" is flatter and more comfortable to use for extended periods of time.

As ergonomics are different for every person and very subjective the only thing that should be reviewed is built-quality and technical specs.

With the Spawn, well... it's shape makes it look like a mouse for notebooks actually :D

6. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

NONSENSE!! I use a Saitek Cyborg PM42 with my laptop -- and very reluctantly i might add as my dad missplaced my Old Logitech G7 when i lent it to him for use with his own laptop. Id still be using using the G7 if he didnt lose it.

as for CM mouses I still prefer their Sentinel Advance mouse. but I just recently sold my Logitech G9 and downgraded to a G500. highly recommended as it has the same laser engine as the more expensive G9x - but i cant stand the shape of the G9 which is why i sold it.

7. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

As someone who uses a notebook mouse with their desktop, that is plus in my eyes :) I've been tempted by the Inferno but it just looks so... big.

8. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

The cutoff back of the palm is pretty much standard for notebook mice. So I don't think it's total nonsense whatsoever.

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I have a hard time believing that the majority of gamers put their whole paw on the mouse and move their entire arm. I'll try playing an FPS like this but on the desktop it seems rather clumsy.

10. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

Poppycock!! it is absolutely preposterous! Everyone knows a Logitech G700 should come as standard with laptops! good day to you sir!

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

If you're looking for a similarly shaped mouse for palm grip, just go for the Mionix Naos.

IMO the Spawn isn't just for claw-grip, but ofcourse it's always gonna depend on the size of your hand.. It's a lovely mouse, but just a bit too small for my liking. Thus the Mionix remains in my daily use.

12. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Oh I see... you're ofc speaking for the whole of mankind... :facepalm:

13. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

It would be interesting to know in the mouse reviews, if the mouse is laser or optical. If it is laser, does it suffer the usual cursor flicking when lifting, sweeping and replacing the mouse on to the mat? I usually find optical are much better suited to this style of play, but even high-sens optical's can suffer as well.

14. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Still using my MX Revolution. Still loving the recharging system. Still loving the feel of the mouse in my hand. Still loving the switchable scrollwheel. Wouldn't replace it for the world.

How come, barring the MX1000 and the MX Revolution, there aren't more "drop into dock to recharge" mouse?

15. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

Dare I say it, I haven't used a better mouse than the blue-light mouse that came with my Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 or whatever it was called.
    Nice and cheap, good shape, forward and back buttons. I don't want or need anything more than that.

The mouse that came with my Creative Wireless Desktop wasn't too bad either, though it wasn't as well made (it wouldn't recharge when plugged into a USB port after a while so I had to swap the batteries out whenever they died).

16. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

If you have to lift and replace your mouse, then you're either using a coaster as a mouse mat or you need to increase your sensitivity setting.

17. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Thanks for the advice, but no, and no.

It's a style of pay. It works exceptionally well and puts me at the top of most leader boards.

18. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

FINALLY! A mouse for those of us with "Elfin" hands who use the claw/fingertip style grip!!!! You know how many mice I've been through that cater to palm style mid to big hands. To MANY! ;)

19. Garfy400

Garfy400 Master of the Universe

Hmm, I use the claw grip because my hands are too big for my mouse, if I palm it I can't reach the scroll wheel :)

Tags: Add Tags