1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Three A-Spec Endurance races done... Six to go!!!

Hmmm not sure I will do the Indie 500 (going round in circles for several hours will probably just send me mad). I think I will wait for them to implement a save feature before I do the 24 hour races, it will take me a week and we get about 3 power cuts a week here - not going to risk a power cut 23 hours in!

Four hours going round Tsukuba in a tiny Mazda Eunos was extremely tiresome. The first two hours was quite relaxing but after that it was a bit of a slog.

The 1000K Suzuka next...

2. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

Damn I cannot be bothered to do all the endurance races. The first one was tiresome. Ran out of fuel at one point because I got too into it lol. So close to level 39 I can taste it.

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

You sure about that? The Indy 500 race takes a little over 2 hours with the Polyphony race car (still boring but not too bad if you put some good music or a podcast on while you're doing it, plus it requires very little concentration so is less mentally draining), while the 1000km of Suzuka would take about 5-6 hours (not 100% sure as I haven't done it yet).

4. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

1000km apparently takes four hours in the Red Bull X2010 at a reasonable pace (5 hours in a le-mans type car). I'll probably do it in my Jaguar XJR-9LM.

If Indy 500 only takes a couple of hours I might try it then - I won't do it in the X2010 though unless I can strap myself onto the steering wheel!!! The other night I did 5 laps of Circuit de Sarthe in the X2010 and my arms nearly fell off!

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

1000km Suzuka in b-spec in the FGT took my top bob nearly 7 hours. The pit strength was off so they raced 'til their hands had to be prised off the steering wheel with a hammer and chisel.

Btw, does anyone have a good setup for the a-spec FGT championship? I think I'm nearly there as I've tried the first circuit and came in first but it seemed hard work for me. Second place wasn't that far behind as I span more than a few times.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2011
  6. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

Endurance races are not bad if you have a PC and your PS3 in the same room. Just listen/watch movies or shows on your PC while you race. Choose an overpowered car. You'll fall into a rhythm. I only have the 9 hr and 2 24 hr races to go (not yet unlocked), but I have to wait for a weekend when I'm not busy to start them.

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Did the Indy 500 in the Red Bull X2010 in the end - 2hrs and 3 minutes. My head is spinning after 200 30 second laps!!

8. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

lol, I did this yesterday too
    Although i think i beat you by a minute
    Never thought GT5 would be so good at letting me listen to all my podcasts, although i did forget to pit a few times

I think its the last endurance i'm doing until they let me pause it
    Im not a fan of suzuka, and 9hrs+ racing doesnt sound fun

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I'm with you on that - I might do Suzuka though as it's *only* four hours! There is no way I am doing 9 hours of Tsukuba though - I did four hours round that track the other day and it bored me silly!

Shame they did not include any shorter Nurburgring endurance races - at least that circuit is interesting.

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

There's a 4hr Nurburgring race ;)

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

DOH! I must remember to engage brain before opening mouth. My excuse is that I am still suffering from Indy 500 madness!

12. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

4 hours? I (well, Bob did) ran Suzuka 1000km overnight and it came out as 5.5 hours

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Was he driving a Red Bull X2010? I am reliably informed that this knocks off quite a bit of time (an hour or so). Also, unless you push Bob all the way, his lap times go up quite a bit when he's not stressed. I reckon he must have some classical music on the stereo!

14. kenco_uk

I find it weird that I can win races left right and center in a given car, but when it's used on the Nurburgring it's all over the ruddy place. It's like the handling characteristics are drastically altered just on that track.

15. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

That track is very bumpy. Also if you so much as touch the grass you will crash. That is if you really are pushing.

16. kenco_uk

Ah, so I guess setting the LSD to a low figure so it's nearly always on should help?

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah.

Probably a good idea to raise the ground clearance maybe?
    Also try and dial out any oversteer by tweaking with the suspension.

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The nurg has very very very variable track hieght and very bumpy roads as someone has said before.

Most cars need a bit of ride height or it'll handle funny.

19. kenco_uk

Umm.. off topic I know, but I'm now worried. The fan on my PS3 kicked it up a notch last night. It's the loudest I've ever heard it. After exiting GT5 and sitting in the xmb, it did quieten down (well, one notch down which it normally runs at after a bit of gaming). I unplugged it and gave it a bit of a clean as it was a little dusty. After switching it back on, it got to the middle fan speed and stayed there after about ten minutes.

Is it worth my while reapplying the tim? Has anyone on here done it? I have the 60gb fat version from December-ish 2007, although it was one of the last ones sold before they were discontinued.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I have the AE86 concept and it's awesome but i keep losing the back under hard braking. How can i fix this? I guess i need to tweak the suspension but i dont know what the settings do and the effect they have on a car