1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Work for bit-tech, bit-gamer and Custom PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Feb 2011.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

counts me out.... :lol:

2. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Fsha, well, Future :)

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Welcome to the forum. The hours are officially 10am - 6pm, but as with any job there will be occasional overtime required. Honestly though, 10-6 is great, as most companies in London work 9-5 so the trains/tube are a bit quieter when we commute to/from the office :)

4. TechMeUK

TechMeUK What's a Dremel?

Thanks James for getting back to me. :thumb:

Do you allow people to work 9-5 instead, or is 10-6 set in stone?

5. Synalar

Synalar What's a Dremel?

Yeese, even Italians start working at 8am; Germans at 7am. What kind of job is this?? :hehe: :hehe:

6. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

If it was possible to work from home, I would apply because I live in Portugal but since the job requires to be on Dennis Publishing HQ, I'm already excluded. Although I could still make an impression, the physical presence it's the most important requirement.

Good luck to the candidates. Second time I see this offer coming to light and being unable to apply.

Going to get some ice cream

7. enikmaster

enikmaster What's a Dremel?

So, every 4 to 5 years we vote to decide which of 4 or 5 guys get one of the most well payed jobs in the country, to elect a guy to run our country, during the process of election we are bombarded with all kind of useless political trash, and someone thinks it's a bad idea for a company to ask for a simple "test" to determine wich should be their next employee?

I also live in portugal, I also write reviews. I'll participate, just to show bit's staff that we too have some value! ;)

8. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

When's the start date? I graduate from University this year and won't be able to work until the end of June/start of July. Should I still apply?

9. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

There isn't a fixed start date, although the sooner the better. Regardless, if you are interested you should definitely apply. After all, if you don't apply you have 0% chance of getting the job.

10. Crow

Crow Hm?

I have a question.

I'm a tech/hardware enthusiast, and I write in my spare time, occasionally on my blog, and other times for random publications (newspapers, etc.). I'm 18 years old, and Tech/hardware/gaming really is my passion, but... I live in Jamaica. Does the applicant NEED to be in London?

11. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

I don't need 500 words, I'd had put over half of my life into IT, I'm 40yo atm (I'm before 300/300bps modem era, more specifically from TK-80 era).

Anyway, if need someone for a pt-br version let me know.

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Think again, I don't want to even go into that discussion.

Summary = our glorious leader is paid less than a lot of local council heads and much less than an awful lot of city workers.

13. Pot Of Jam

Pot Of Jam What's a Dremel?

Just a quick question about the 500 words, is that the meat of the review or does it include all the fluff like titles and subtitles for pics?

14. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Dear James,

Can you employ someone who actually enjoys 3D tech and will offer a balanced opinion of new advances in the tech, rather than the usual "It's crap, the 3D glasses are really uncomfortable over my prescription glasses, it's also just a gimmick that will never take off, don't buy it.". :thumb:

Also, the way all you guys write (aside from anti-3D bias) is perfect, don't go down the route of PC Gamer, they ain't funny! :grr:

Good luck future Junior Tea Boy/Girl!! :D

15. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The 500 words is just for the body-copy, all the titles/specs/standfirst are extra, though they shouldn't be too many words.

Actually, I quite like 3D (at least for movies, IMO its rubbish for gaming), it's more that none of us are really impressed by the implementation (yet)...

As a journalist though, you've got to open minded and an independent thinker about any new technology.

16. Synalar

Synalar What's a Dremel?

One can hope the applicants are going to be on a much nigher level than the posts here let to be presumed.

17. Cateye

Cateye What's a Dremel?

Outsource your work :p

18. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Is going over the limit by 30 words a problem considering I'm doing a full system review?

EDIT: Never mind, a couple of redrafts have fixed it

Last edited: 24 Feb 2011
  19. enikmaster

enikmaster What's a Dremel?

my bad, but it's well payed, better that some jobs that actually produce something for the country.

I'm actually applying for a job in my country where there are maybe 40 places for 1000 applicants. And we must do a written test on the legislation. And the wages are low... Running for president of anything is easier. Just have to say, "Please, vote for me."

20. Xir

Xir Modder

Correct, I stat at 7:45, and am considered VERY LATE in my mostly German office. :D

10-6 is just eight hours. excluding breaks what's left, a bit over 7? Wow. :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags