1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bulletstorm DLC announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Feb 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

I do not understand why they release certain games at the different times. Surely it must encourage piracy when people read all the reviews ect but cannot buy them.

3. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

im more concerned about how DLC is being handled, i love it general but it's slowly getting to the point where they will release half a game at full price and then offer the other half as 3 lots of DLC.

FPS are getting bad for it, a few maps and a handful guns on release and then DLC galore for the rest.

4. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

worrying trend of stripping game content for a dlc

5. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

it will probably only be a couple of quid for PC.

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

This is true, however I find that if you wait you'll be able to get the game and all its DLC on a sale somewhere down the line at a reasonable price. Might not be ideal, but just because the masses don't vote with their wallets doesn't mean you don't have to.

@maximus09: That's assuming they even release it for PC :p

7. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Moooooooo

Is that the sound of a cash cow being milked?
    Selling DLC before the game has fully shipped is just WROOOOOOONG!

8. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

To be fair, no one knows how this has been handled or made within the company, the deadline for a finished product could have been 2 months before release? Hence they've had time to come up with new content etc.

People just love to look at the bad side too much.

9. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I was considering getting bulletstorm but this kind of blatant cash-grab worries me. What is the point of going out and buying an incomplete game.

10. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

To be honest, I think it's naïve to give publisher scum like EA and Activision the benefit of the doubt when it comes to pricing of content that modders made for fun and for free 5 years ago.

Last edited: 24 Feb 2011
  11. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I hope they fix the current graphical issues on the PC version.

Anyone else having trouble with the visuals? Low res textures in some areas, a lot of shadow issues, and 16 bit color glitches.

12. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

This is how DLC should work >

You bought our game, thank you. Now have some free stuff. Maps and guns yeah have them on us. Few months down the line. Oh your still playing? Have some more free stuff.

Then release and expansion that is good, not just some crap that got cut from the game. THEN CHARGE!

13. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

How ridiculous. Announce DLC before a game is even released, it's just basically saying we our giving you a tester product at full price, but dont worry you will get the rest of it at cost.
    I'm glad i didn't waste money and pre-order this.

Wasn't so long ago when developers produced maps and such it was for free, that was of couse until Microsoft came along with their console and started the pricing trend for DLC.

Valve are the only respectable games publisher for PC left, they encourage community modding and do not charge for DLC (for PC). Only way these other big name publishers like EA and Craptivision will even consider such things is if people refuse to buy their overpriced badly produced games, but that of couse will not happen, too many people influenced by jazzy marketing.

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Why did I get a mental image of Cliff Bleszinski holding a DVD with "DLC" written on it in his hand with a face of rage whilst sprinting at me screaming "BUY THIS! BUY THIS NOW!"? :D

Tags: Add Tags