1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Killzone 3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Feb 2011.

1. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

Seriously? That first portion of the sentace is part of the problem. Companies sacrifice single player quality to HOPE for redeeming multi. My ideal this gen game would be higher than Half Life quality SP with the entertainment value MP of CoD (I don't enjoy CoD per se, but that's where the majority of the action is these days). While your review suggest KZ3s SP is fun, it's relying on it's MP to justify the price of admission.

With DLC why wouldn't it be simple to make a quality SP game with a solid MP effort, but then rely on DLC to finance the MP?

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Gotta agree with this sadly, pc for gaming is a bit on the stale side thanks to exclusives & not all publishers being dedicated on our side which is why I got a ps3 & x360, wish rockstar was more dedicated to bringing their games over to pc, red dead redemption & l.a. noir being 2 games I'm gutted aren't showing any signs of coming on pc.
    The exclusives by now on ps3 are worthy of having 1, I don't regret buying 1 at all after some of the awesome games I played on it :thumb:.

And this killzone 3 I'll buy once I complete Stealthlow :D.

3. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

I actually think you are wrong and completely out of touch, I read alot of things that make me go 'errrr' on Bit-Gamer and most of the time shrug it off, but this is something.

This will be the first game to really make use of the moves potential, so whilst some people might not have it yet, they certainly want to know how well it would work with the game. I do have it, and considering it's not that much for a move controller, why would you not have one available at the office?

Last edited: 28 Feb 2011
  4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Because the review wasn't done in the office and Sony refused to make both Move and a 3D TV available to us, is why. We considered purchasing the equipment for this single purpose, but I ultimately made the decision that it was the quality of the content that was important, rather than the various options for the interface. As I told Bryn (who wrote the review), we could easily justify writing an entire article about these options and should therefore revisit them separately if there proved to be enough demand for us to look at them - though we were unsure there would be.

So, we'll take your request on board and balance that against what other readers say. Please bear in mind that we're not interested in glossing over topics such as these, which is the very reason that we opted for full disclosure (unlike many publications). It's also undeniable that PS3 users with Move and/or 3D TVs are still in the minority.

5. red4our

red4our ¿Qué es un Dremel?

Wow. Its shocking to see how much this discussion has polarized opinions. Its time to stop sucking thumbs and pick up all your toys.

6. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

I ordered this game yesterday, mainly to test out my gf's new Move and to have some splitscreen fun with my brother. Also, I have 3D TV so would love to see that side too. I may be in the minority but so is practically all of BT.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I see it the other way round - I don't see why a game should be locked to one particular platform unless it's quite specific (e.g. Wii games). I don't have a problem with consoles - I just want to be able to play games: at a very high resolution; with AA, AF and AO; and with a mouse and keyboard.

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Does move still exsist? Ever since sony released it I've saw nothing unlike all the kinect games and hacks shown in every media outlet. The only place I saw move was in PC world around the time FF14 came out. I kinda feel it epitomises Sony's attitude, just release and forget and let the developers handle it until one tries to hack it to find an actual use for it then heaven forbid! TBH due to the lack of knowledge of anything move related possibly a group review of titles that use it might be worthwhile even as another article in its own right rather than a follow on if the fan base wants it. Either way I won't cry if it doesn't happen, if sony doesn't feel the need to push their product I'm not going out of my way to dig it up.

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

To be fair to bit tech even proper games sites have glossed over the extra features of KZ3 which is a bit disappointing as they have less of an excuse, can't see them leaving the 3D aspect out of 3DS reviews can you?

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

You're missing out on some of the best games to date because of your silly standards.

11. Toploaded

Fair enough, of course the quality of gameplay is first and foremost but I do dispute the downplaying of the relevance of move in this game though, I can only imagine it would change the experience x10 fold. Maybe not, hell it might suck, it's just something I would really like to know from a review. This is a pretty major release for Move.

3D, yeah, I agree very few would have access and the cost of the equipment is so high I would never expect anyone to invest in that for a review on a free site. Move, however, I know 6 PS3 users personally and 4 of them have it. This might be a fluke but I'd say there are quite a few more around then you guys seem to think. And my other point being that I'm pretty sure there are a good amount of hardcore gamers that are waiting to see if Move is for them, and this release will make or break the future of the move for that part of the market. Part of this review slightly criticized the game for bringing nothing new to the table, surely a brand new interface for a HD console (that has worked quite well on the Wii in the past) is something pretty new?

So whist I fully take on board that you guys don't think it's cost effective to invest the 50 quid or so in the equipment, and you are pretty uninterested about the feature itself, I stand by the view that the inclusion of the move is important to this game and something many readers would be interested in knowing more about. Future FPS PS3 titles, maybe not so much.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

In your opinion. Not in mine :thumb: .

13. Toploaded

You should at least try Unchartered even if it means buying a 2nd hand PS3 and game, playing it to completion over a weekend then reselling it all at no or little loss. Should I ever get my 3 wishes, one would be that Sony decide that all PS3 exclusives hit the PC (after the inevitable world peace and eternal youth wishes of course).

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, I tell a lie about not playing console games: my brother's living at home with the parental units and he has a PS2 and 3. I've enjoyed playing Wipeout and Soul Calibur 2 but playing any FPS or Gears of War thing is just an exercise in frustration as I just can't play with a controller, and I'm very aware of the reduced resolution and graphics.

15. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

it's pretty much fact that you're missing out on good games.

If you're so concered with visuals, go play GoW 3 and watch as it walks all over most PC releases today.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

@Pete J, GoW in PS3 terms is God of War not Gears of War, and neither of them is an FPS game. Gears (on 360) is a Third Person Shooter and God (on Ps3) is a Hack and Slash. God of War is a stunning looking game.

I would have been somewhat interested in how Move works in KZ3, however it's not a title I intended to pick up, as KZ2 made me feel motion sick (hate not being able to disable view bob in games like this), although I might get round that by playing on a smaller screen.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'll see if I can talk my brother into it then!

19. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Actually I have no problem with Bit-Tech doing a KZ3 review. The game pushes the PS3 like no other. Besides go to PC Gamer for all your PC news like most normal people do and quit crying. KZ3 needs to be on the PC anyway cause the PS3 is holding Guerrilla Games back from reaching their full potential.

20. veato

veato I should be working

I love the 'kiddy console crap' comments. The insinuation that you must be a child if you game on consoles is frankly hilarious. As if the PC is the gaming platform we should all aspire to be using and anything else is second rate. Dont make me laugh. I've been a PC gamer for 18 years and right now get more gaming pleasure from my Xbox 360 and PS3 than anything on PC.

Tags: Add Tags