1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Agosen, 7 Feb 2011.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

no DX10 or 11...again? WTF

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

looks good. Real good

My 260's going to melt

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Where does it let you chose the renderer? I had a quick look, but didn't really bother, wanted to get on with the gameplay.

4. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

I don't think it does, I only saw the 3 titled options. There was no advanced settings, but then again it is a demo

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Wait until you see the video I'm rendering!

There is an 'advanced' option, whether that's just advanced graphics and not user changeable setting I don't know.

Video's up, have fun, looks pretty (for some reason it's only put it at 360p as the highest res, I'll look into that now)(okay, seems 720p is working, going to my channel you can see the 1080p version):

Initial impressions; it's very much a cross between Crysis and COD, you get perks (essentially the exact same as in COD4), and with the custom classes. Not a bad thing at all tbh, it's a fun game. I'm yet to see the gunship though, so this could change. I didn't come across any bugs during the short stint I played for either, which was a rather nice surprise.

This game'll definitely be bought when it's released. It looks good.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2011
  6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I've had the same gamespy account for over 10 years and I can't log on ...

will try tomorrow, screw that for now

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I didn't see anything particularly interesting to play it for more than an hour or so. It's alright, just another shooter. I don't care for the FOV and how fat the weapons are, they take up a lot of space. Hit detection seems fine. Overall it feels pretty average.

I did have to play to it on a friends rig, as it's unplayable on my 9800gt unless I run it at 1024x768. Oh well, it's an old card.

I did like the ability to grab ledges though. That really helps in navigating the terrain.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

installing now. first thing I'm doing is sniffing around the backend to see what delicious secrets CE3 holds.

i think a few hours pissing about with the new suit will entertain me, not one for MP tbh.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the back end is locked down hard but tbh after how badly crysis wars got hacked im not surprised. played about 20 mins of it this morning.

considering its the multiplayer part of C2 its actually not bad, the new Nanosuit takes a little getting used to and i shall sink some hours into it tonight.

10. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Thanks for the gameplay vid mars. Nice fall! ;)

Downloading now. Looks like the MP side of the game might actually have some bearing this time round.

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

When it started and said 'OK, Lets do this thing' - I though Oh Oh, Call of Duty!!

Looks nice though!

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

That looks really really really nice.

:thumb:

13. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Downloading now, thanks for the link!

14. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

stupid website... mycrysis.com is not working very well. I cant register to get into the game. EA you dummies! You should expect a ton of traffic for this demo! Grrr...

15. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Thanks for the link
    +Rep.

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I have to say that I am not too impressed really. The graphics are nice (or will be when you can get rid of that stupid blur effect), but the gameplay is just like CoDBops. I am already being picked off from the other side of the map by snipers as soon as I spawn. The 'cloak' and suit functions are a nice touch, but don't really make it a game changing experience.

Unless the SP is significantly long (8 hours) I think I will give this one a miss.

17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the word consolfied came to mind :(

sprint -> uses suit power
    strength jump -> hold down space?

it's CoD: Nanosuit Ops.

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Thanks Soviet for posting the link to the demo - I might have bought this at release otherwise.

Too many games now seem to be going down this simplified route which just results in people bunny-hopping around at a hundred miles an hour. There is never any tactics involved and it's every man for himself regardless of the game mode.

It would be nice to see some more genuine innovation with Multiplayer games (such as with Assassins Creed Brotherhood). Alas I feel that the industry has got itself in a rut which it is unwilling to find it's way out of.

19. murraynt

murraynt Modder

The first thing that Cyrsis greets you with is 'Press Start to begin' :rolleyes:
    Can't create an account either.
    Meh.

20. TheTourist

TheTourist Minimodder

Same here, it just refuses to create an account. That "press start to begin" annoyed the hell out of me too. I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and tried pressing the Windows start key, nothing. That's just plain lazy.