1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Agosen, 7 Feb 2011.

1. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

anyone know what the hell low medium and high specs are

all i see is

advanced, gamer and hardcore

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

gamer = low ?
    advanced = medium ?
    hardcore = high?

that's my guess.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Gamer = low
    Advanced = medium
    Hardcore = High

Not a lot of difference on my rig - runs smooth on all settings. I assume that when it is released there will be further tweaks you can do. Not that I will know as I am definitely not buying it having played the demo!

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

It's not, I beat it in 5. If you even slightly enjoyed the first one you will hate this game. I wasn't too much of a fan of the first one (mostly because I couldn't run it) but I loaded it up again after playing the SP of Crysis 2. I thought it was pretty good this time around.

I agree, the gameplay is pretty lack luster.

It's not even the controls, I actually thought they were quite nice. I think the "hold space to strength jump" is a good idea in comparison to the old system. It's quicker and easier to access IMO.

However the gameplay is pretty much crap. It's just Call of Crysis. It lost everything that the original did to separate itself from the crowd.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2011
  5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I love how in the opening movie they say "this isn't the average multiplayer experience"

From everything I've seen, that's exactly what it is. Of course, I'd be able to tell for myself if the damn thing actually worked.

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Maximum disappointment.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I still can't log on on the site or in the game.

MEHHH

8. Deders

Deders Modder

Me neither:grr:

I left the web page signing up over night and..... nothing.

9. wyx087

this isn't the average multiplayer experience, it has got tag streaks, character level up, character customisations and killcams.... oh wait, which part isn't in CoD?

Crysis multiplayer should be like Battlefield: tanks, 64 players, huge maps and VTOL/choppers.

currently, it's not worth a penny of any real gamer seeking for the Crytek masterpiece. :wallbash: it's a consolfied pile of poo, gameplay experience is indistinguishable from other mainstream titles such as Halo, CoD or MoH.

10. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

at least the filesize is small. Does anyone know how i would be able to change the FOV? All these ports have that terrible FOV where it seems like the gun is at your chin.

11. wyx087

try: "cl_fov 90" to change FoV, it was the command in Crysis 1. but it won't change the gun size :(

spectre456 likes this.
  12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Maximum lols!

13. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Tried creating an account, 2 minutes later realised Windows firewall was blocking it. Closed program, unblocked, tried creating an account again and have been waiting for 3 minutes and counting.

14. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

And you will keep waiting :) Accounts dont seem to be working. Crappy servers (Gamespy) to go witha crappy game :p

BFBC2 for meh!

15. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Yep, seems so. Games which you download and install (or obviously buy when it's not a demo) but then require you to jump through hoops before you can play them always annoy me.

Edit: Given up trying to create an account. Didn't work on the website (in a browser) either. Ah well, will give it a shot later.

16. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Played a bit earlier today, was fun but nothing amazing. As others have said it feels very much like CoD in nanosuits, sure it'll be popular but it's not my cup of tea. Think i'm going to be putting my FPS hopes for the year into Deus Ex 3 and BF3.

17. spectre456

cheers mate. will try it out soon. i also hope you can choose what reticule to have or if i can disable it altogether.

anyway. have some rep for the help and the BC2 help a while back.

18. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Just downloaded the demo and played a few rounds:

Most certainly like some of the changes, auto superjump is damned handy.

Dislike the fact for some reason I get no sound whatsoever with my headphones (Logitech G35's) so have to play it on my rather crappy 2.1 speakers.

it does look pretty stunning (if not a little too much bloom). if the SP is any good, will quite possibly buy this.

19. spectre456

i gave this a whirl for about an hour just a while ago, so i'll point out what i noticed.

-sign-up was easy since i already have a gamespy account (i don't why EA just doesn't make us use the EA account).

-The graphics are very beautiful for "dx 9" and most importantly, the game runs amazingly. fluid 60 frames for me most of the time. I am impressed.

-More advanced graphics tweaking would be useful as i don't like all that motion blur.

-Fov is a bit too small.

-There appears to be an "aim-assist" option. However, i don't know if it works as i disabled it. Multi-platform by-product it seems.

-Cloak and armour abilities seem to mesh quite well with the gameplay. Cloak makes you almost invisble while armour makes you harder to kill at the cost of mobility and "impaired" vision. without armour you die in about 2 shots.

-In terms of weapons i would say that the Scar could use a little bit of a nerf. perhaps a recoil increase would balance it out since it seems to be a bit too good atm. However i could be wrong.

-Killstreaks feel like an afterthought since the infantry combat is quite satisfying. you have to pick up dogtags from the enemy you killed for that kill to be added to your streak. I believe this was put in place to minimize camping.

-Weapon sounds are very punchy and quite satisfying to hear.

-The music is also awesome. you've got violin pieces, farting bass and a tad of electronica.

20. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

Anyone tried this on steam? Was the activation/registration process any better?