1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis 2 PC demo released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Mar 2011.

1. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Apparently the full game will not ship with DX10 or DX11 support. This will be introduced via a patch later. Way to **** on the PC crowd Crytek.

Bye bye Crytek as PC centric developer. Pretty sure the SP will have been butchered to be able to run on a consoles as well.

2. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I heard this yesterday too. What a joke. There is nothing whatsoever about this game that suggests they give a **** about PC anymore, despite what they say. And on top of that, the actual game itself has been gutted to get the suit modes working on the consoles.

I don't think I have been this disappointed in a long time. I was hoping Crytek would remind everyone why PC gaming is superior. Instead, they have just further demonstrated the declining state of mainstream PC gaming.

3. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Interesting comments. I'm only slightly miffed about all the negatives people are mentioning because all of the things that have been mentioned will be fixed either by patches or community.

You lot are a right bunch of drama queens today.

I won't download the demo because multiplayer doesn't interest me as much as single player and I'd rather play it when the dedicated PC version comes out, and likely after the DX11 patch is released as well. And hopefully by then itll be cheaper in a Steam sale of sorts.

4. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Not really. Crysis 2 multiplayer is being done by Crytek UK (formerly Free Radical, creator of Time Splitters) so it would explain why it feels like a console game. The single player portion is being done by Crytek in Germany so it should feel like the original Crysis did.

People are complaining about the game based on a multiplayer demo built from old code. Wait until the game is released and give it a chance before rubbishing it.

leveller likes this.
  5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Why a MP demo and not SP + MP like C1? And where's the start button?

6. Sleepy Ben

Sleepy Ben What's a Dremel?

Downloaded the Crysis 2 Demo - installed it and allowed access through the firewall. Cannot login because both my emails are registered with gamespy but I cannot remember the passwords and I cannot find how to retrieve them. Retrieving the password redirects me to 'mycrysis' and according to that site my emails are NOT registered!

Gamespy IS horrible which is why I prefer to avoid it and Crytek are going to lose a lot of customers through using it. If I cannot try the demo I sure as **** aren't going to buy the game - and thanks for a bulky 1.5gb download that includes a lengthy and unnecessary intro video! Crytek need to fire some idiot for that 'brainwave'!

7. Nicho133

Nicho133 What's a Dremel?

It's also not letting me create an account, though the game and the website.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

^THIS.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

credit goes to Marv on Aria forums.

i think the problem is that people isn't complaining about the bugs in the demo, people are complaining about the consolified gameplay experience. there is little seperate this from CoD, and it's a lot less fun than Halo.

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

FOV 85 looks a little too stretched to me, I could be wrong. But the GFX look pretty good, I was expecting much worse after hearing people moan. And considering this isn't even DX 11 ...

11. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

SP will be fairly similar to the MP. If you really expect them to be completely different you're a bit naive. The things that I have issues with are specific design choices not things that can get fixed or will be fixed in two weeks time.

12. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Nice find. I'll try the demo again tonight with these tweaks. The FOV did feel dodgy to me and by default it had way too much motion blur. Also, can't believe how long it took me to realise you don't need to fire in small bursts to kill. Just aim and hold down mouse 1 = Kill. :sigh:

Meh...

13. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Of course we can all run it; it's a bloody console game. You're trying to get us excited over something on the basis that it's a heavily consolified sequel to something that was famously hard work on computers. Was anyone here taken in?

And of course. Auto aim. Flaky online registration. I'm almost pleased I don't really have time for serious gaming anymore...

14. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Ok ive played it today and got to level 10. And tbh im really enjoying it. Its a good laugh. The firefights are more dynamic, and you have a million options how u want to challenge/run/hide/decoy the enemy

I used my hologram and launched it into a alien dropship chokepoint that the enemy was controlling and laughed my head off while they all shoot the holograms haha.

Good fun :)

15. Spuzzell

Spuzzell What's a Dremel?

I've finally started to connect to games!

Well, I say connect to games. What I actually mean is I've started to connect to the lobby of games. Then me and 11 other people type swearwords of rapidly increasing liveliness into chat for a bit while a game start countdown timer repeatedly cycles from 10 to 0 and back to 10 again. Then we all leave to do it all over again on another server.

It's starting to take on a zen beauty all of its own. I don't even want to play at all now, but the wonderful ineptness of the whole process means I'll keep trying.

16. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

umm..... yes and no.

i'd bet 5 quids that multi and single can't be THAT far different. if multi has "press START to start" and auto-aim, really, how much better can you be off on the SP? how can u really say it should feel like original crysis?

and MP demo is built from old code??? really? one of the most anticipated title of the past few years and they rehash old code for the first PC (supposed -exclusive) demo?

Bad, Crytek. bad.

now give me my BF3, DICE........

17. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Downloaded demo, wasted a load of time registering (bloody gamespy never ceases to annoy me), played about 10 mins, uninstalled.

18. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

My experiance is the same as yours. Not managed to get connected to a server at all. That said what did we all expect. The last one was buggy as hell to connect to servers.

Gunsmith likes this.
  19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

/derail

Mork i am going to give you rep, not because I know you but because you have Mork as an avatar. :thumb:

20. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

At least Pokemon Black/White (2 days, eee!) can't be this disappointing. Right?

Ok, nervous now....

Tags: Add Tags