1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Agosen, 7 Feb 2011.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

whats more depressing is listening to you lot comparing a 360 dx9 beta to a pc only dx10 exclusive when theres been next to nothing released regarding the pc version.

I'm hearing on the wind that crytek dont want to destroy thier money making audience by showing them what they cant have and tbh the only reason we have this stupid demo is because of the backlash we gave them for crytek UK testing out thier side of Crysis 2 on the 360 first.

the MP side is a seperate entity from the SP side, much like wars was to warhead.

:eyebrow:

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's in the same EXE file, with the same control scheme and the same lack of customisable options (FFS, toggle ADS! and read that system.cfg file in Crysis 2 Demo folder) as a console port known as Call of Duty or Bad Company 2.

i'm cancelling my preorder.

will wait for Gunsmith's runthrough videos. if you can make it as fun as Crysis 1, then i may pick it up during Steam sales, otherwise Crytek can take the Epic (fail) route.

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

/unconfirmed rumbling from industry types

Crysis 2 will not ship with DX11, and will only be playable in DX9 at launch

4. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

watching the demo form Brawls link ...DX9 still looks fantastic ..

5. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

MP in most games is of a lower graphical quality. Crysis 2 looks better in motion during MP as it is much smoother in performance.

people just don't know what they want. Crysis 1 was bashed for being "unplayable" and it seems Crysis 2 will be bashed for being playable.

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

no DX11 no sale.... what balls

7. spectre456

it will have dx 11 as far as official statements go.

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I would rather have an amazing-looking game that I can upgrade my computer to play than an OK-looking game that doesn't tax my machine at all. Crysis wasn't unplayable on a reasonable computer anyway, it just couldn't be maxed. Even on mediocre settings it looked better than 2 does now.

I'm of the opinion that this represents progress, it's just not progress that PC users want to see. I'm not preordering, will wait for reviews and Gunsmith's opinion first.

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It's not that really (for me anyway) - it is just that it seems like all the other CoD type multiplayers. The scenery is non-destructable, the maps are small and everyone is charging around like a bull (on speed) in a china shop.

I am already being spanked by high level people (got killed three times in a row by a sniper after spawning today) and I can't see what it has to offer that is different. As the SP is less than 5 hours, the MP is what will have to save it. For me anyway it doesn't offer enough for me to want to buy it.

10. Deders

Deders Modder

Single player less than 5 hours? :jawdrop:

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

alright alright my bad. After 24 hours of not being able to log on though, it was just natural to 'asplode' when I saw there was no invert Y axis in the mouse menu

what does being dense even mean anyway ?

12. spectre456

:wallbash: this is not even the real pc version of crysis 2 yet. DX 9 demo it is. DX 11 bells and whistles it is not. It is also the MP portion which usually looks worse than the SP portions.
    Have you even played it? The game is far from looking "ok".

It boggles my mind that Crytek addressed the issues where most people couldn't play the game well on most hardware, yet people complain about it being playable (i.e untaxing).

stupid

13. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

Well I hope this demo was of the 360 version, as it's draw distance was as horrid as WoW at max.
    also I hope that crytek has put dx11 (when they put it in the game as a rumour by Baz stated) to good use - meaning, that it makes things faster. I'd rather not see the same thing as with Metro, where the depth of field kills performance on everything. what's the use of such an effect if it kills the performance? :)
    will see, overall gameplay looked somewhat interesting, even though i'm 90% interested in crysis 2 single player, not multi player =)

14. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I created a new account and started playing.
    I then exit the game so I could run it through steam and all of a sudden it wouldn't log in again.
    It's say my username isn't valid.

Can't see DX11 being an improvement atall.
    It was built with DX9 in mind. Tesselation and all the other bits won't be utilized if DX11 is released.
    It will just be a tick the box item like so my other titles.

15. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Been there, done that. :(

I'm still being stupidly optimistic for the quality and playability of the retail version however. :D

16. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

The more I've been playing, the more I like it but it's not amazing

17. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

You can't pick up objects such as explodable barrels and you can't use your fists, which is the biggest issue with Crysis 2.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Fixed that for you :thumb:

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i suspect mankz knows more then hes letting on :p

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

dense; thick, fat headed, an idiot.