1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dragon Age 2 DLC announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Mar 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Not this trick again. What's the chance that buying the DLC will just unlock pre-existing game files that come with the original release? At least its cheap.

3. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

This is just ridiculous, no need to say anymore really.

And come on EA, while Activision seem intent of making as many gamers hate them as possible, you had a chance to look good, but nope blew it once again.
    I hope Valve doesn't turn into turd companies like EA and Activision

4. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

More guff for drones

5. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

I don't understand why they would announce this. Even if it is again unlocked content on the disc why not just wait till you've released the game to announce it? Just seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot for no reason.

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

While DLC can be good - I'm thinking the 4 that you can get for borderlands - most companies just seem to want to churn out DLC at a ridiculous rate. I'm not surprised by this from Bioware. Unless they do the whole Zaeed thing like from ME2 or Shale from DA, but I can't see it.

I think what bugs me more is the whole preorder from X receive ring of awesome, preorder from y receive sword of awesome. I'd like to be able to have them all ^^

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

They should rename DLC to PFLU (Pay For Level Unlock)

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

is this one of the DLC you get/got for pre-ordering or is this in addition to that?

9. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

"I think what bugs me more is the whole preorder from X receive ring of awesome, preorder from y receive sword of awesome. I'd like to be able to have them all ^

I dont want to start with super gear so that 1st half of game is easy
    I thought the last DA add on was way too easy even on "hard"

10. Jewels

Jewels What's a Dremel?

Shale I can understand being released alongside Origin's release as the main game had essentially been completed for the PC, but the release was delayed for six months so it could be released simultaneously with the consoles. This gave BioWare time to finish up Shale along with other additional content.

As far as I'm aware the Exiled Prince was announced long before DAII had gone gold, so I'm wondering what their excuse is this time.

It's the same DLC included in the Signature Edition, so it's not exactly news, although this is its official announcement including its standalone price.

This is my major gripe more than anything else, where you must buy from a specific (r)etailer, or buy some other product in order to receive a promotional in-game digital item, which isn't available through any other means. Examples include a bonus item exclusive to [insert store], Ser Isaac's armour available only with retail copies of Dead Space 2, and purchasing $15 worth of merchandise from Epic Weapons in order to receive the Ring of Whispers for free (which has truly extortionate shipping prices). You can actually set your own price and buy the Ring of Whispers by itself, although you'll be charged $10 in shipping just for an email containing a code.

11. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

welcome to the new age of DLC

puplishers and developers no longer include content in games if you want that you must buy it as an add on.

$$$RESULT$$$

i remember when games had lots of quests, maps, units, items etc. now they contain a few and expect you to pay for just a few more then a few more with 2nd DLC and new items with the 3rd DLC.

all resulting in a game that costs £35 + £10 + £10 +£10 = £65 !!! which should have had all the DLC content in the original !!!!!

12. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

All this DLC crap just makes me wait till they release a Game of the year edition including all the DLC released, and then I make sure I wait for that to drop in price. worked for Assassins creed 2, does mean I'm about 6-12 months behind new releases, but somehow, these days, I don't care.

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

DLC/expansions are very overpriced IMO. Suppose its better than rebuying a whole new game ie. COD games.

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Not buying DA2 so meh!

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Looks like this is another game I'll wait to buy until the Game of the Year/Ultimate/Ultra-Mega-Super-Awesome-Perfect-Knock-Your-Socks-Off-Edition is released.

And DLC that you can only get from specific shops for preordering needs to burn and die.

16. Tieger

Tieger What's a Dremel?

Good to see lots of people complaining without really knowing what's going on, as per usual.

This is already included in the signature edition. The signature edition is what everyone that pre-ordered more than a month or so got automatically, for the same price as the normal edition. Therefore, what this is, is a pre-order bonus that they have decided to extend to non-preorderers.

I'm sure next people will be complaining about the Black Emporium DLC - which is actually being used as DRM (exactly like Shale and Zaeed were) to discourage people picking it up pre-owned on consoles.

17. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

You can install most of them yourself anyway.

18. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

QFT.

19. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Yeah, can you believe the audacity of people for complaining about being bent over and wallet-raped by publishers for content that we used to get for free before big money came along to **** up the games industry?

I know what I'd tell them if I were a publisher, that's for sure! "Buy our overpriced, underdeveloped, dumbed-down, mass market **** for ridiculous prices, kids!"
    Yeah, that's what. Honesty is my biggest flaw.

Hoo hah! Corporate shilling! Hurr! Defend the little publisher who could, god knows they need protection against the vicious and dangerous comments of uninformed customers!

20. Tieger

Tieger What's a Dremel?

yeah goddammit, how DARE companies protect their investment in making a game! DRM is a breach of our human rights! our basic right to copy whatever the hell we like, and not give its creators any payment for it!

Tags: Add Tags