1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ASPHIAX, 8 Feb 2011.

1. nagyizom

nagyizom Minimodder

Wow, great mod so far! Can't wait for the next update!

2. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks, Update frequency is a major update about every weekend with lots of pictures and small ones during the weeks brainstorm sessions.

Waynio likes this.
  3. matiss

matiss Minimodder

Absolutly beautifull and subbed/repped/voted ;)

4. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks! When I was doing the foam work with the breadknife I sometimes wondered what the hell I got myself into though ... But practise makes perfect and the next build with foam will progress much faster I think.

5. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

I used the same foam-cutting method when I built BSG, but I was lazy and used the wife's electric carving knife lol!

[​IMG]

Was just reading through your log a couple days ago, and it was bringing back memories. Great job so far, looking forward to seeing the outcome!

6. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks, I "found" your buildlog just a couple of days after I finished the "big" foam work. Using a electrical breadknife, damn it what an idea, we had 3 lying around. (appereantly a good housewarming gift here in the netherlands)
    Here's me working the old knife, bending the knife while cutting did allow for nice curvatures and very fine "pealing" of the foam.
    [​IMG]

To make matters worse, I found a manual to build a meter wide hot-wire device using an the frame of a large wood saw. That would have been extremely handy.
    Love the detail of your BSG build. Must have taken some time to get it to fit with the bending of the foam. I will be going to heat the depron foam using a hotplate to mold it into place. Should be good fun. (and having no fingerprints afterwards may have its uses also, :naughty:)
    Thanks for your reply!

7. rgrande

rgrande What's a Dremel?

looks awesome!

8. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here is the announcement of 2 new sponsors!

First: [​IMG]

Gigabyte hase helped the EURISKO by fitting it with a new motherboard, the P67A-UD7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a beauty, clean, slick, black with golden highlights! Super! Thansk a lot.

And :
    [​IMG]

Highflow will help the EURISKO to keep as cool as possible and thus help break the WARP 10 barriere!

adidan likes this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Nice piece of kit there. :thumb:

Keep up the good work. :)

Last edited: 9 Mar 2011
  10. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Nice updates :dremel: ( for some reason I've not been notified :miffed: via "Instant Update" subscription :sigh: ) . Very glad to see your work get the MOTM nomination :thumb: . Wow - I love the mobo.. can't wait for you to energize :rock:

11. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

I descided not to just post a list of the hardware that is going to power and run the EURISKO so here is some graphical work on the confirmed hardware that will be used in the EURISKO ! There is another one coming but I want to have everything inhouse before I confirm it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What will be confirmed later are :
    - Variable Geometry Warp Nacelles - Brink Of Modding Coolant Reservoirs
    - Warp Nacelles Positioning Controllers - Servo array for pylons/warp nacelles
    - Quadritronic Optical Subprocessors - Mobo and GPU waterblocks
    - Isolinear Chip Array - HDD/SSD's
    - Impulse Drive - PSU
    - Life Support System - Radiator FANS
    - Em/Quantum Navigational Deflector Dish Array - Intake FANS
    - Long Range EM/Multi Spectral Scanners - FAN and LED Controllers
    - Hull Composition specifications - EPOXY/Glassfiber
    - Astrometrical Graphical Analysis and Processing Core(s) - GPU(s)

Laterz
    ASPHIAX

12. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks man !

13. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Gracias Amigo !

14. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Are you getting them now?
    There is still a descent amount of work on the outerhull and deflector tunnel involving filling and sanding and stuff. Looking forward to finally finishing that and moving on to the hardware and lighting build portion.
    Thanks !

15. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Congrats with the sponsers :D!

Keep on going my dutch fellow!

16. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

17. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Wow , Nice link on the EVE Online. Dont know how I ever could have missed that one. That's the beauty of the internet. Done MAJOR research on this (and the next 3) builds but there is just so much stuff out there that you are surprised by these kind of links. There is definately something in the EVE database that will be considered for a later build! Thanks man !

Ah, yes Babylon 5 - Where the habit commenced. When the DVD boxes started to hit the shelves a couple of years ago I took the mission to watch all the seasons. The SFX for that time were ground breaking and stunning, now my 46inch LED pixilates the letterbox format big time and watching should be done on a 32inch at max. When watching the entire series in a fast pace you cant help but be amazed by the sublime writing. So sorry they killed off the shadow war arch in 2 episodes for the battle for earth. Just like they killed BSG and now Caprica ... Those b4st4rds !!! .... But anyway I degress ...

The next build will either be the A Battlestar Galactica NAS (smaller build), A Desanto Cylon centurion (medium Build) or the Deep space 9 (huge build).

Thansk for the support !
    ASPHIAX

18. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thansk k.3nny!
    Is a first for me working with sponsors, so the fact that those companies want to tie their names to my work is very cool!

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

You got one of my votes buddy, your work is outstanding keep on modding!!! :)

20. Rodeye

Rodeye What's a Dremel?

Got my vote! Keep it up!