1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Gigabyte GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ver B3 BSOD waking Hard Drives

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Alistair, 11 Mar 2011.

1. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

Setup my Sandy Bridge HTPC (Intel Core i5 2500 ) at the beginning of the week & have the following problem. If I try & resume from Hard Drive Sleep or hibernation I get a BSOD. I am using the latest Intel INF. My storage drives are 40GB Intel V SSD, 2TB WD20EARS. It was suggested that i download this hotfix from microsoft on another forum or use the intel AHCI driver rather than the MS one. However I am using the intel one already :-(

Its definitely an issue with resuming as if I disable hibernation & do not allow the hard drives to sleep I do not get the issue.

I am running Win7 x64 sp1 with Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 XMP

Any ideas

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Tip. Intel controller are terrible.
    I had the similar problem with my X58 board with the Intel drivers.
    The reason why I put the Intel drivers was that on rare occasion the system didn't BSOD, but instead just did not wake up after prologue sleep session. I used to have the Microsoft one. As soon as I put the Intel one, I was getting BSOD at wake up. So I removed it, and back to the Microsoft one, and one day, the Intel controller decided to crash, and I lost my Windows. Lucally, I have backups, and all my files are on the D partition, so nothing is lost.
    Another problem, with and without the Intel drivers, is that under heavy HDD load, my music, despite being on a dedicated sound card, skiped.

I had enough of this mockery (this is also my first desktop Intel controller), I pug it on my SATA3 controller, and since, 0 problem what-so-ever.

Another note: Your problem could be affecting you only on hibernation. Windows 7 has hybrid sleep feature (see power options), if enabled, basically what it does, is that while the system is at sleep, after some specified time, it hibernates the computer. So, make sure it's disabled.

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Have you checked what detail is in the BSOD? i used to have issues resuming because win 7 kept dropping the hdmi audio device, fixed in SP1. You all patched & up to date?

4. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

I have turned off hybrid sleep & it might be OK now. I did write down the BSOD the last time it happened:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

NXPCAP64.SYS ADDRESS FFFFF88004448D72 BASE AT FFFFF8804427000

Yes running SP1 with all drivers & inf etc up to date

5. GoodBytes

This, is a serious problem.
    Sounds like your OS is broken or corrupted.

6. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

I have done a couple of fresh installs & its only in this particular instance that this happens. Otherwise the system runs well

7. GoodBytes

Well the install apparently did not go too well. Probably a dust particle or something on the disk made the setup install a file that is corrupted, or something else. I already had this happen on my old computer with Vista. It was acting up like no tomorrow with non-sense BSOD.. including BSOD's with no messages (just a blue screen, and the LOG showed everything). A re-install, had everything working as a charm. Strange even, which I could not reproduced.

But if you want to try... uninstall all your drivers.. and remove all your USB devices, except your keyboard and mouse, restart your computer, and install back your drivers one by one

8. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

Think I may have solved this. Googled nxpcap64.sys

I have a Kworld DVB-T PCI Express Card in one of the single speed pci express slots. I uninstalled the drivers for the card & removed it & went out for the day. Cam back & no BSOD. So now have it in another slot & will see what happens overnight - fingers crossed :)

9. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

have given this card to my brother now so its back in the clarkdale mini itx setup & will try & get a hold of a new blackgold dvb-t HD card instead - good excuse to upgrade :)

10. Fabian56

Fabian56 What's a Dremel?

So what's the result? worth repeating? sorry, i m just with the same problem :wallbash:

11. Dazza007

Dazza007 What's a Dremel?

did this ever get resolved because I've Just got home from work to this BSOD! My pc was in sleep node when I left for work.