1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 12 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I played it for an hour or so recently, and it was pretty good, but I honestly found it a bit hard to keep track with constant character switching and the completely insane effects (and this is coming from someone who plays Blazblue, which isn't exactly subtle in it's use of effects).
    There again I was playing it on the 360, and the 360 d-pad is woeful

Sloth likes this.
  3. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Interesting. And who's the best of them two? Haven't played the game yet but planning to try it very soon.

4. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

in the last pic - is that a carbon fibre jacket?

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

it's pretty good.. haven't play a lot cause don't own a console- but I won a couple against some vets with hulk + dr. doom who brought over the ps3

used to use hulk + ironman in the last one.. a lot of damage- played a lot in the arcade though and later on kawacks

spiderman is good to combo with.. just a whole lot of combos (and guns) in this one

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I love the game. I think it's just as good as 2, if not better. I'm a little disappointed small number of characters compared to 2, but they're releasing a character each month.

I didn't see any mention of the added feature Xfactor. It gives your character an attack boost and allows you to build up your special meter faster. This can come in handy when you're on your last character with low health and can make for some awesome come backs.

I would say Blasblue is slower than MvC3 so that might be why. And it makes sense that it might be more hectic, you're playing with three characters instead of one.

7. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

It is woeful and the combat style is atrocious... Don't believe me? There is a reason no one plays these games any more... Number of comments is proof of point.

8. wafflesomd

No one plays fighting games? What are you on?

9. russells

russells What's a Dremel?

Err, you did?

10. jcb121

jcb121 What's a Dremel?

The dog is soo Hax in this game,

Just spam B and you will win most games :)

11. sausages

sausages What's a Dremel?

I wonder if they are ever going to move on from the 80's.

12. wafflesomd

If the person you're playing sucks then yes, you'll probably win. If they have Sentinel though, then you lose.

13. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Been playing MvC3 when I can squeeze it into my day. Mission mode is an absolute must even if you are coming from MvC2. I tend to forget about Xfactor because I get some caught up into the fight and trying to pull off combos. Haven't played it online very much because I am all too aware of MvC2's cheap characters, and can already see tons of Dante, Chris, and Storm users online. I don't even want to talk about Sentinel. Too many scarred memories from MvC2.

14. JustLeigh

JustLeigh What's a Dremel?

'The dog'? Do you mean Amaterasu the Japanese Sun God in her wolf form from Okami? Okami is seriously one of the most beautiful and fantastic game of the last generation. Some console only games ARE worth playing, that is definately one. :)

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Personally not a big fan of this game, it's everything that I don't like about a lot of the genre. It makes a good party game, but to just sit down and play it? No thanks. I'd rather lose from not being very good than win from mashing buttons.

+Rep for a fellow BB player. :D

Tags: Add Tags