1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve launches Steam Guard security

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Mar 2011.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I imagine a cyber cafe full of gamers sounding like a confrence for sufferers of tourettes. F@*~ing noob! C%#ting cheat!

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Is there a simple way to share savegames between two steam-computers (other than copying the files manaully?)

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I haven't investigated it, but I'm guessing that it uses an authorization key stored on the system; much the same as how it authorizes a system for Offline login.

Games that are enabled for SteamCloud do this already, as far as I'm aware; but other than that I think you'd have to copy the files manually or set up some kind of network share and symlinks or something.

4. doggy

doggy Cave Canem

Any extra security is welcome but i cant have a huge amount of confidence when you look at how useless the VAC ban system is that they put in place a few years ago. When ever i get a bit of time to jump on CS-S the amount of aimbotters/hackers seems to have done nothing but increase over the years. I am beyond getting angry over it anymore and just see it as a sign of the times : /

5. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Play in the CustomPC server. No hackers.

6. doggy

doggy Cave Canem

Sounds good, I'll jump on for a bit and say hi next time I'm on. Do you have the ip to hand and I'll add it to my favourites?

I don't play a loads of pub, mostly warm up on DM servers then do 5on5 mixes. But always good to have well managed public servers in your favourites for when the mixes dry up though ;)

Tags: Add Tags