1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 CPC server revamped

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 18 Dec 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Awesome ok.

Just a question: If there are only a few of us on, and i take requests, can i select a specific map to play? Is that allowed? Until now i have just taken a vote, then done @nextlevel, but that just goes to the next map

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

you will need to alt-tab out of the game and double click on the requested map (the right listbox of Map list) in ProCon.

if the map isn't in the rotating map list (probably won't with use of Mixed gamemode plugin) you will need to add it by going to the left listbox, click on the map, select 1 as number of rounds, and click the Right arrow. then you can double click on it :)

just a quick announcement on how map rotation will work from now on:

the mixed gamemode plugin works as follow:
    - If there are over 22 players on the server:
    \-- 2 rounds of Rush, interleaved with 1 round of conquest.
    - Else (less than 22 players)
    \-- single round of conquest map rotations (like before)
    there is a timer that says if server population gets less than 22 players for 5 minutes, drop to the less-player playlist.

i didn't get the chance to see this plugin in action last night, but this morning, it was running the less-player playlist, so seems to be working fine.:rock:

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Out of interest, is there any way to adjust ticket counts based on the number of players on the server? I find that conquest games can be far too long and drawn out when there isn't many people on the server.

4. wyx087

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/

^ go nuts on that forum. tell me which plug-in you would like to be used (and if it's complicated to setup, a little help on how to configure it)

if there's no available plugin or if it's outdated (such as the map voting plugin). you can write your own :) i believe it's C# code of some sort.

but unfortunately there are no option in-game to adjust ticket count based on players. it would be a great option for rush as well, since 100 tickets for less than 10 players on attacker side is pretty unbalanced.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Im back with my desktop, so can be on tonight for some knifey-repairy-knifey fun time.

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

GGs tonight, hopefully my skill will return soon!

7. wyx087

GG's indeed, wish there were more people, but still had loads of fun :D

weapon limiter is up and running:

-if less than 8 each team, only 3 sniper rifles are allowed on the battlefield per team.
    -if more than 8 each team, only 5 sniper rifles are allowed on the battlefield per team.

reserved slot members are whitelisted. so people on here shouldn't notice anything. :)

Last edited: 16 Mar 2011
  8. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I take it thats 3 per team? Most servers limit it to 2, so thats refreshing.

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Cool, am I on the reserved slot whitelist BTW? :)

10. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I'd like to state that I am such a terrible player it should be an embarrassment to be killed by me. This embarrassment should be compounded if I kill you with the M1, a frankly awful weapon.

Said embarrassment should be even worse if I kill you with an M1 while being pushed along on the bonnet of your silly little beach buggy.

I'm looking at you fluidic. :naughty:

11. wyx087

a KamikazePigeon is on the list :)

yes. it is per team, yes. this may needs adjusting as i am not sure if white list people count towards the sniper rifle count.

i personally is not against sitting miles away and snipe, i used to do that when i started playing BFBC2, it's a huge help as long as the sniper is spotting, able to take out emplacements and provide mortar support at the right time. this is why there is a very generous limit.

lol, Rogan. Fluidic is from Aria forum. he doesn't visit here sadly.

12. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

haha i managed a coupla hasty headshots up close but he was getting me more often than not, wyx lost a few jeeps tho ;)

13. wyx087

epic Arica defib war today :D

and i got the last minute of it on video:

14. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

That was an awesome game, shame I suck with the defib though :(

I think the highlight for me was watching Fluidic headshot defib someone off of an ATV - he got launched about 10 metres backwards into a crate or something. I lol'd pretty hard at that.

15. wyx087

everytime i get chased by army of medics, i can't run straight because of all the laughing i was doing. :hehe::lol:

updated first post with list of plugins currently running on the server to ensure everyone knows what's going on in the background.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah I remember being at the back of a pack of about 5 medics chasing you down the main street, you turned round and met a quick end at the hands of someone's defib :D

I keep forgetting to hop onto Mumble when I'm on the server, it would have been great for that match. Ah well, maybe next time.

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Today i had one squad "baseraping" our team (planting anti tank mines at exits and sniping in nearest bush/house... I took most of them down but one guy killed me... So i took my driller and drilled him a nice hole in head :D.

18. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Soon...Soo soon that I'll be back...-_-

19. wyx087

so... anyone up for some more defib/drill action tonight? (say 8pm? )

and everyone jump on mumble.

i'll record the whole match, and put a comedy sound track on parts when people are getting chased. :lol:

20. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

My vote is for the theme from Benny Hill!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.