1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other No CoD this year?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 18 Mar 2011.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

and the stupid spawns
    and the stupid kill streaks
    and the stupid maps
    and the stupid spawns
    and the stupid spawns
    and the stupid spawns
    and the stupid spawns
    and the stupid spawns

yeah they got everything right except all of this

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

don't forget stupidly long commando knifing distance.

3. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

You're all forgetting the complete lack of worthwhile innovation.

Less rails, more freeform missions please. However they're going to struggle with that because the AI is amazingly rubbish and can't react to complex situations. Hiding and shooting is about all they can do.

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

And the shitty SP. MW2 actually had a decent SP.

5. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

you're bang on about the spawns. Completely forgot (haven't played in a few weeks). The killstreaks in Black Ops are actually balanced though.

I think the knife lunge being so long has to do with the netcode being poor. many times, you see the knife kill not even touching the target.

Cod is known for being linear and having average AI (which i do wish they would improve somewhat) so why should they "innovate" or change up what the series is known for doing well. if you want freeform then there's crysis 1, crysis waread, farcry, farcry 2, three STALKER games to name a few.

LOL

6. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Because whether they do it well or not, it's getting stale and lacklustre for most of us.

I'm just hoping I don't get sucked in again, i've been enjoying the series less and less.

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

All this cod hate is starting to get more boring than the game itself tbh.
    You guys grab your sticks and start beating the dead horse every single time a COD thread comes up.

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

BF3 is where it's going to be

9. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

Battlefield is where it's always being :clap:

10. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

cs 1.6 is king

11. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

that makes little sense. If the game is doing what it does well then why should they "innovate".

Cod does it's thing well. I don't see people complaining about battlefield showing a lack of "innovation".

Only game with true innovation coming out in the fps genre is Red Orchestra 2.

12. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Brink, Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3 are the fps games on the horizon that i'm interested in seeing.

13. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Crysis AI was clever, the AI representation was a bit stupid though (one lone soldier armed with a pistol wandering off into the undergrowth... :D)

Some parts of the STALKER AI were pretty rubbish. Your allies strafe when shooting, so you often accidentally shoot them. Then all of them suddenly turn on you and you become screwed. Or when people inside a safe base start shooting at you, and you can't take out your weapon and fight back. Or when a bloodsucker accidentally gets stuck in the Yanov station... bad times.

14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

*ahem*

Yes, thats because I played Call of Duty 4 for at least 700+ hours (according to xfire) and actually enjoyed that game as it was! MW2 was a blasphemic attempt at a decent FPS. BlackOps was disappointing and pathetic compared to the shining angel that is CoD4, right?

I think we've got the right to be angry about what they did to that game... the same way I get angry when people say that the Sonic the Hedgehog series continued past Sonic3D on the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis for you American viewers of this rant). IT DIDN'T!

The major issue is that gamers always want innovation, Thats just not going to happen on a yearly basis!

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

What riles me the most is not the game itself but the concept behind the marketing of it. I don't like the fact that the publisher wants to publish exactly the same game every year, while building up such a hype about it that they can then also try to push the price point up as well.

Gamers do want innovation, if it's a new game, it should be a new game and not just the previous one with a different skin. I would actually rather see DLC for it - which at 4-5 hours for the SP campaigns, that's what we are actually getting.

Also what's the point of the new MP every year also? A decent MP game should last years, with extra maps and community content. The CoD multiplayer is just the same old same old every time - why do we have to buy a new one?

I know the answers to all these questions, and it's these answers that make buying CoD a bitter pill to swallow. It's not a truly bad game, but I don't want to see it release every bloody year!

17. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

I am guessing they start official announcements after enough time has been given for their map packs to sell, there's still PC version left to release.

As for me I dont give a damn, I am definitely not buying it, the last 3 titles have been full of problems (world at war, mw2, and black ops). I actually wish they would just drop the PC version and make it console exclusive.

And btw for all those complaining about the 'haters'...we are hating because they are charging significantly more amounts of money for a game that not only delivers much less in terms of well everything, but is broken, if it was any other product people would not buy it, it would not be acceptable.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2011
  18. Shichibukai

Shichibukai Resident Nitpicker

I think there will definitely be a new CoD this this year, Activision has cow, will milk.

19. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

a remake of united offensive would be awsome with modern weapons.

why they dropped base assault in cod 2 onwards i'll never know.