1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

£795 here

its definitely much better than xonar essence st i've had before (and for the 6x its price it should be, lol.) , in short money well spent.

:)

Last edited: 24 Apr 2011
  2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Kudos for the Acoustic Energy Aego Ms! What are the larger speakers for though? I'd have guessed they were monitors but I can't see any recording gear.

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Thanks for the link, I'm loving the Simple Background site!

4. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

New place, new layout.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 24" monitor and 2.1 computer speakers are in use as my tv until next week / payday! 2 19"'s is not enough!

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Familiar looking layout :D 24" screen as telly, 2.1 set doubling for sofa and computer.. Yours just looks so much nicer.

6. Stickeh

Cheers jipa! Just watched your cribs video, your place has a LOT of hardware in it!
    The sofa was a 2nd hand but unused purchase from ebay, the desk a piece of worktop from my old workplace (solid wood, worth about £100/m got it for about a fiver, on some £9 ikea trestles!) The sofa is also a double bed, a comfy one too!

Cant wait for the new tv so i get my triple monitor setup back, and obviously hopefully a 42" tv!

7. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I beg to disagree, the white LEDs really makes your home cinema stand out. And you've got a (single) bed in there as well. :D

Anyway, here's my desktop:
    [​IMG]

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah I've noticed I DO have some spares when things go wrong :p Being a reviewer does come with some perks...

Solid wood cheesecake. It's funny how I don't really care or even notice if my table is chip board or not, but it would still be nice if I knew it was the real thing :) And I've never owned a TV, but now I've noticed I do miss a bigger picture. Anyway my goal is to just get a projector straight away as I only watch movies, so the couple of thousand hours lifespan on the lamp isn't going to be a problem.

9. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

r3loaded, I like your strategically placed copy of the Economist :)

Stickeh, I think I've the same kettle as you :p what's with the little setup in the corner with the (legendary) black ikea lamp beside it?

...a bit off topic, but was I playing BFBC2 with some of you guys on the Bit-Tech CPC server last night? Some names look familiar :blush:

10. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Aye, it's my second-favourite magazine after Custom PC ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

11. Stickeh

I was about to ask how do you mean, but that other setup is the girlfriends computer, she needs to have somewhere to nerd / work on too, plus it will probably stream across the movies to the tv at some point,less i make a htpc for in the tv stand!

12. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

ok, I have to be a smartass and ask if thats a dishwasher or a washing machine next to the sink?

nice layout though ;)

13. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Where are you from? That's obviously a washing machine in my eyes (round door) :eek:

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I can't get over how BIG these rooms are. Even the UNI halls are bigger than my micro efficiency apartment.
    john

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

It could function as a dishwasher...

16. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Im in the states, but never have I seen a washing machine in the kitchen ( at least not that obvious, normally they are in their own closet). And that is the typical space that a dishwasher would go in... eh, idk. Europe=/=America :p

Lol

EDIT - and just to be an even bigger smartass, if that is in fact a washing machine, where's the dryer?

17. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

You can get combo Washer and dryers tho they tend to be pretty rubbish

18. Stickeh

Why would you use a dryer? When you can just hang them out on a line...

Last and the only time i had something dried (co incidentally in the sates @ my aunts) it shrunk all my clothes haha...

We have one at home-home but its never really used, i don't know many people in the uk that use them much or even own them....

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

We have a "tumble dryer" or drier if you want to use the American term :p We don't use it all that much, it's a sucker on electricity. We have a large hotpress (airing closet) which we can fit a whole clothes horse (portable clothes line) into and it also has a few horizontal bars across the top for hanging clothes on. We can dry a whole load of washing in there if the weather isn't good and without using the drier.

Our drier sits beside our washing machine in the utility area which is part of the garage. In smaller houses without utility rooms/areas you might see them in the kitchen - my uni house had the washing machine in the kitchen along with a space for a dishwasher although we didn't have a dishwasher.

20. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    My Work Area - Ive now rotated the case to run in parallel with the edge of the desk, because I need more space.

[​IMG]
    I'm loving this case, because it keeps my system sufficiently cool under air (excluding the CPU under an H70) and its finally light enough that i can lift it without much hassle (was in a Coolermaster Stacker 832SE before)