1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Zombie Survival plans...

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 17 Mar 2011.

1. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Chainaxe and CBRN kit... slicing arms, legs, heads off and the blood won't affect you. Of course you'd need something equal insane in the other hand... I'm thinking Styre AUG strapped to your arm with a nice belt feed of ammo from a backpack... Near Khorne Berzerker style. I'd be pretty happy like that.

Give me power armour and a Bradley APC and I'd be even happier...

Really... you'd want an anti-tank vehical in a zombie apoc? Give me a Bradley APC or a Warrior anyday! Something that's close Infantry support to retreat to and start blasting 30mm shells into zombie faces...

To be honest, unless a military base is over-run pretty quickly then weapons in the UK aren't going to be very easy to get hold of. Although the possibility of getting my hands on a beloved L86A2 with plenty of ammo to kick faces off with... although Zombies, plus military base = need of many people... damn.

2. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I have alternative plan. No shooting or mines or flame throwing driving over nor disembowelments required. I am going to drink huge amounts of Brandy or JD thus leaving myself in a state of mindless drunkenness. Zombies eat brains, I will not be detectable to zombie brain eaters due to the mere fact my brain will be non functional due to its alcohol induced state.(thus emulating a zombie) I may even strike up a friendship with a few zombies and they will be my best mate (hic) ever ...I love you man .. no your the best ... (hic)

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  3. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I tested this theory at weekend ..and all the zombies that frequent the local didnt react in a brain eating frenzy .. it must work :D

4. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

But you used Whiskey... what are you some sort of anti-pirate?

DRINK RUM YOU FOOL!

5. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

They don't have Woods 100 in my local, closest they have is some form of garden wood preservative, coats your teeth much in the same way Woods100 does but tastes like petrol
    To be honest, 3 shandies and my brain shuts down the rest is sheer glutony

6. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Have you seen Day of the Dead? Holing up with squaddies is a recipe for disaster.

7. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Hmmm... I see lots of ppl would turn zombies by 2 days after the fall

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Yeah course...lol I wasn't giving it maximum thought when I posted it's true. Would make more sense to head to a gun shop and pick up a shotgun or 2. Still...would be tempted to go to a army barracks eventually to restock ;)

That was so hard to type...sodding space bar has broken! Noooooooooooooooooooo!

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Remember what I said 800+ soldiers defending the base buddy... They might not be gone, you start wandering close and they're going to slot you.

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Yes yes..but providing you can survive a little bit, those bases are going to be empty or so short-stacked they will welcome anything that isn't after brains. Initially they will shoot anything on sight, you are correct. But there comes a point when helping anyone who is still human becomes a priority. Soldiers first job is to protect. If after a few weeks of thinning ranks and zombie infestation they see some well armed civvys, they are going to want the extra man power. True you have to survive that long, but some of us civvys are quite capable. Count yourself among them unless you rate your chances that low.

Obviously you wouldn't walk up to a compound straight off. You would make sure they knew you were there, that they knew there were survivors making the best of it. Chances are they would contact you and give you the go ahead to approach. Doing so without warning would be, as you suggested, suicide.

Last edited: 22 Mar 2011
  11. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

What about mutated zombies (ala Left 4 Dead specials) ?

You can't really expect a virus / biohazrd /whatnot to NOT mutate somehow.

Personally, i would not want to have a midget zombie start trying to skull-youknowwhat me, so would head to the closest cop station (should be relatively thinly manned due to the others being munched outside) and grab some riot gear.

Would then look for a secure place (call it HQ), only one with a high, thick wall and sturdy gate (If i was in South Africa this would be sooooo easy). Stock up on food/water/tools/materials (never know when you might need repairs done). Get 2 or 3 cars, preferably SUVs.

With whomever I've got with me at HQ, would set up duties, including guard rotations, scavenger teams, and patrol teams. Would also hit some tech/hardware/hire stores for things like communications devices and generators, water filtration devices, etc.

Patrol teams would set out, try save any survivors they can, set up barricades on roads/access points towards HQ, set up emergency shelters at suitable places and alsoto do frequent patrols of area inside barricades to clear out any zombies that managed to break through.

At entrance to HQ, would set up a double gate, so that outer gate can open, ppl enter into a courtyard, gate closes then inner gate opens. Would also set it up that someone can enter it from above to check any new survivors for injuries and the like (wouldnt want any infected coming into the safe zone).

Would slowly spread out with the more people we get, keeping barricades in place, but creating new ones further out, slowly sectioning off the surrounding areas.

Would try to make contact with any military forces a few weeks after initial infection, baring that, I'd raid any bases /stockpiles nearby, including gunshops/clubs

12. Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666 What's a Dremel?

13. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

The biggest problem in the event of a ZA is going to be food and water, screw the whole weapons thing but without a large supply of water and food you would be screwed. If you live in a city you are likely to be a bit stuffed at this point due to the number of people per meter etc.
    If like me you happen to live in the sticks you will be a bit better off, so here goes:

Step 1 Get the family upstairs to the in laws place there is only 1 way in and it can be easily blocked, then try to contact other family and friends and get them to us if possible, safety in numbers.

Step 2 get the women to keep a lookout from the high vantage points whilst the men go down to ground level and collect the following items from the land: fuel, tractor, chainsaws (+ spare blades and sharpening tool) guns, saws, axes, flamethrower, chemicals, lighters, electric radiators, generator.

Step 3 Strengthen up the vehicles, steel mesh welded over the windows, steel over the rear windows, steel over the fuel tank, some form of crude snow plough type thing on the front to stop zombies getting stuck under the vehicles. Attach and make the trailer as safe as we can.

Step 4 Head to the nearest petrol station, fill up with as much fuel as we can get into the tank and any containers that we have kicking around

Step 5 Head home and get all of the gear onto the garage roof, then build a frame on the garage to the same height as the french windows and get some boards to allow for an exit if required

Step 6 Head to a SMALL shop, get tinned, frozen and dried goods. Also as much water and other bottled drinks as we can get, including Scotch, beers and wine. Nappies and Baby food and milk, Fill the vehicles and trailer with our stash.

Step 7 Attempt to Zombie proof the land as best we can, I'm thinking barbed wire, razor wire, electfying them if possible

Step 8 If the windmill is not in place yet, get the alternators from the tractors, and cars that will not be used in the escape plan and ghetto rig our own wind turbine, we have a lot of wind here so that will cover our power consumption.

Step 9 Power on the Shortwave radio

Step 10 Get on the roof and change the guttering to fill a water tank to allow for washing and toilet flushing.

Step 11 Run hose along the roof to try to get some hot water through Solar heating

Step 12 park the tractor with the spikes on the bucket in front of the door

Step 13 Barricade the door from the inside

Step 14 stock pile as much wood as we can get inside the house filling the staircase to prevent zombie access and allow for heat and easy water boiling on the stove to make water safe in the event of our rations not lasting

Step 15 Cover windows to stop our safe house being easily identifiable by hordes of zombies or other survivors

I'm sure I have forgotten something...

14. Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666 What's a Dremel?

your gaming rig :D

15. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

But who needs L4D2 when you have the real thing... I'm sure after a day butchering the undead that butchering virtual zombies wouldn't be high on my agenda!

16. mpe91

mpe91 Wait... Wha...?

This thread makes me realise how ill prepared I am for a zombie attack! :eeek:
    My plan was to follow my "In case of Zombies" t-shirt which contains some good tips, but nothing that can stack up to having maps and stuff drawn and planned out....

17. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I am still going with my initial thoughts about drinking until I am stupified (brainless) and invisible to Zombies. Hell, each to our own

18. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

$20 says that Zombie Apocalypse can happen on most of us will still come here to check the latest posts xD

19. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

This looks like a plan. Good!! but to many ppl to handle if just a single one of them screw something up, all of you would be doomed, how would you deal with that

Maybe taking just your parents and brothers could be acceptable... :p

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Actually I'd be fairly in it for myself... as selfish as that is. That's life tragically. I'm armed to the teeth with chainaxe and CBRN kit, I can happily get myself around. If survivors need help, so be it lol.