1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

i dont think i can quite make out your case, can you make the pics bigger please?

2. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

But Combos (at least in the states) are two pieces :eyebrow:

Lol, maybe us americans arent all that trusting leaving our underwear out for all to see? :D
    Besides, if you live in a metro area, or somewhere where it rains, it defeats the purpose.. ;)

huh, alrighty then. Nice insight to life on the other side of the pond. Thanks for that :thumb: Puts things in a bit more understandable context

Can you make the pictures bigger? I cant read what it says on the side [/sarcasm]

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That's exactly what I was going for :thumb: :D

4. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

Well not my problem if the image resizing on here is crap ¬.¬

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

way to make yourself liked, newbie

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Actually, it is.

Do you really need to upload a 3000x2000px image? I didn't think so.

Use Photobucket or something and resize them on there. Failing that use GIMP.

Pro-tip: Don't get arsey with forum vets, they've been here a lot longer than you, and are right.

7. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Upload it to your profile on here. Sure, it restricts images to a maximum of 800 pixels in either direction but for a thread like this that's perfectly adequate.

8. Altron

Altron Minimodder

way to make yourself liked, oldie

:p

Am I the only one who got the "This image has been resized. Click the bar to see the full image" thing, where they were all resized to 800x600?

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

That depends on your individual settings, but it's not the point. It has nothing to do with the image resizing on bit-tech because once you link the photo from off-site it can only make the image smaller after it has downloaded the full 6 megapixel (or whatever) file, so you still have to wait for it to load.

10. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Yes, probably. Because the rest of us chose to deactivate this feature as there are pictures we'd like to see in higher resolution without having to click on the bar all the time (i.e. in a project log) and trust our fellow geeks to be smart enough to resize the pictures of their average cases to a reasonable size, if only to save bandwith.

11. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Good point. I hate it when the pictures in a project log are only slightly larger than the minimum, so it resizes them to 90% and they look like ****. I'll go turn it off. Which setting do you recommend? I registered here before that setting existed, and never went into my User CP to change it.

12. GiantKiwi

Them being here longer doesnt make them right, if they disable a setting its tough luck and they must take the consequences, also photobucket is absolute crap, the only service of that kind i will touch, doesnt work with this site, so instead my options are straight of my webserver (which i wont do for security reasons) or from Dropbox. :grr:

13. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Guys.
    Just all use imgur.com :)

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It's not the point, we still have to download the full size image when the page loads. Which isn't helpful when people are using mobile internet/slow internet. Surely you have the courtesy to resize before? I mean it's 2 images, surely a few minutes in an image editing piece of software isn't that hard?

What's wrong with photobucket? Something that is fundamentally wrong with it. I've used it for years and never had any issues with it. Do you just not like it? How about ImageShack? Or is that the same case?

Forums vets? I partially agree, they're not always right. But in this instance they are. It's just polite to not rape people internet connections.

15. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Ok, Forum Vets > Forum Newbs. Us Vets are always right. We've been here longer then you (and in most cases know a lot more then you), so yeah.

Secondly, the automatic resizing on here to 800x600 only works after the image has been loaded fully (which means it loads at full resolution and then resizes). For those of us with crappy internet connections (myself included) it makes the page time out or load super slow, so for those of us who have to wait a half hour for one picture to load because someone was too lazy to resize it or too lazy to use a proper image hosting service and have it automatically resized, we have reason to be pissed.

Also, only newbs link directly to their dropbox acct.

And unless you have a seriously high tech professional grade DSLR, your pics do not need to be over 1600x1200. A 3000x2000 picture that loads at full resolution looks like its pixelated as all f**king hell and had someone with Parkinsons take it.

So if you dont want forum members yelling at you for wasting their bandwidth, use a proper image hosting service (imgur, photobucket, imageshack, etc) or resize the image yourself. Dont be a lazy ******* about it.

mars-bar-man likes this.
  16. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Bit-Tech provides their own photo hosting service, just upload your images there. There is a size limit (800x600 if memory serves me right) and thsi means when you use it to post in a tread you don't ruin the experiance for some users.

17. GiantKiwi

hmm yes blame it on slow internet, the images load and resize in under a second on my phone on a low level 3G signal. And how many of you "Vets" who have so far commented deal with vBulletin and other php based CMS' on a daily basis? I do, and again I say if you disable the image resizing its your own tough luck.

18. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Oh ffs, shut up and resize them. Everyone else can, why can't you?

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Everybody chillax.
    I'm always one for posting images too big.
    Just resize and reupload, it's what I always have to do.
    Doesn't take long :)

20. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

You do realize that there are those of us who a) havent disabled the setting b) have internet problems (like an outage so we arent getting full speed, and loading your images really pisses us off) or c) dont want to wait for some idiot's image to load, because they cant follow the rules like everyone else does? Seriously dude, your ego is a little too big for yourself. Come back when you can act like the rest of us and not try to have a pissing contest.

F**KING THIS!

QFT!!!