1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GTX 590 - Videos, Images, Release Thursday 24th

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whitesky, 22 Mar 2011.

1. Whitesky

Whitesky Minimodder

Since I haven't seen similar, here's a collection of GTX 590 rumored material floating around - release Thursday 3/24/11! Anyone else hyped?

New Teaser with nVidia's Tom Peterson:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzmvmUPsrEM

EVGA (GTX 590?) Dual GPU shown at CES 2011:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_7XpJEeOM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From NordicHardware:

Everything I'm reading from the leaked specs is leaning more towards pessimistic and dissappointment, but of course nothing leaked is anything final.

What do you all think?

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I want it just for the display box.

3. crlyhair

crlyhair What's a Dremel?

Very excited about the release. Can't wait to see the benchmarks and CUDA performance.

4. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Go to B&Q and pickup one of those Stanley toolboxes then cut your own custom foam insert - job done! :D:D:D

(a bit cheaper too)

5. Whitesky

Whitesky Minimodder

being a previous 295 owner I'm pretty hyped. Reading about nVidia's naming scheme, I believe the x0 names refer to each first step at the relevant model + specs, and the x5 version is the revised model under new architecture, or increased specs, thermals, etc.

Going on that, it's reasonable to assume there'd eventually be a 595 building on the 590? I'd imagine a rough parallel to what the 580 was to the 480, what it "should have been".

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

that graph doesn't look right, looks like it's barely any faster than 580.....

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

My thoughts exactly?

Dual 560 or 570 cores?

8. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

Can't take that graph seriously until we know the state of the drivers and optimisation for each game. It seems to trounce the 580 in Devil May Cry 4 for instance. . . we should wait for bit-tech/anand/toms benchmarks etc. before making those assumptions.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Exactly my thoughts when I first saw it.

10. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

It comes . . . with a mouse? I thought the packaging on my card was excessive. (I don't know about you guys but I keep my original boxes for about a year and a half - in case I sell/return the part - these outrageous boxes are getting on my nerves. You could probably fit a whole mATX setup into that toolbox).

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I lol'd

Soon you will all see the true goodies at hand.. Questions is the goodies still held by the 6990 or has it moved toward the 590,.

You'll find out shortly I guess but all I can say is a smile is on hand regardless :)

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i read that as "no, not as fast as 6990".

otherwise there should only be a few smiley.

13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Those graphs do claim that the 580, in all but DMC4, is within a stone's throw of the 6990. I was led to believe the gap was larger than that, CPU bottleneck in the testing system, perhaps? It would explain the somewhat funky numbers.

TBH: the 590 does feel a bit like a childish "Everything you have plus one!" retort if it's only that little bit faster, then again, optimized drivers may help lengthen the gap.