1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 22 Mar 2011.

1. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

+1

2. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

I want Gunsmiths take on this...

3. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

So is it beyond our wildest dreams to imagine the pc single player to dish out the graphics at the higher end of the scale continuously while having the umph to handle decent AI?
    If it's plausible what's wrong with the xbox version may be easily sorted on the pc??
    I have zero interest in the multiplayer, genuinely thought the demo was tacky and cartoonish but I'm praying the single player is salvageable

Also, Joe, is it better than homefront?

4. ut66

ut66 What's a Dremel?

maximum BS

5. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

I was thinking about pre-ordering this today but your luke warm review is making me think twice (might save it for the sale at the end of the year instead), do you really not believe the shortcomings petaining to slow downs and AI might not be improved?

I need something to help me decide to pre-order because I am a total mug and the nice boys at EA marketting are swaying me by offering to throw in LIMITED EDITION special free gifts if I do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iqxBfGriZw&feature=related

6. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

I played the PC demo for 10 minutes and found it infuriating. There were server browser and connection issues, mouse lag, blurry graphics. I was not impressed at all. I think I will give this a miss.

Roll on Battlefield 3 !!!

7. rtrski

rtrski What's a Dremel?

I don't want to know *what* the answer is, because I don't want another spoiler (thanks for mentioning getting mistaken for a character from the first one...<eyeroll>) but just a yes or no question:

Do they reconcile, somehow, why this current crop of aliens doesn't seem to have much to do (at least visually, from the previews) with those from the first game and the Warhead expansion? It may be lame, but the whole "Game Name #2" with similarities in style to the prior but nothing to do with the prior (e.g. Far Cry and Far Cry 2, and yes I know those were actually totally different studios) kind of irritates me.

At least in HL1 and HL2 there are new enemies but they explain in essence *why* (the first intradimensional rift event opened the door for the second grouping to attack, in brief), and the Freeman in storage timelapse also gave quite a bit of excuse for how radically things went sideways.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

To be fair, that happens by the end of the intro cutscene.

I'm not doing spoilers.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I was going to write a long winded argument but realised I have no right to until I've played the game.

I'll get back to this after the weekend, as I imagine quite a few others will!

10. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

One to pick up in the Christmas Steam sale for a tenner then.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i'll give you one when i get it.

12. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Dude, have you not listened to the podcast? If you're going to criticise Joe for dropping (non-) spoilers, don't it yourself! :D

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcasts/2011/03/21/gaming-23-the-touch-of-gordon/

13. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Considering Bit-tech has this game advertised all over the front page, it's assuring to see that the game got a less then outstanding write up and score for such an AAA title, I think people can drop the whole 'they were paid off' argument now for future reviews.

I'll wait for the next Xmas sale for this one I guess (unless the PC DX11 features are truly groundbreaking then I'd just have to see it for myself).

14. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

15. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

Mmmh. Another sensationalistic negative review that is way out of norm compared to other sites.

Oh, wait, Joe wrote it. Makes sense now.

16. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Damouse, that is WAY out of line, and quite frankly a testamen to you not belinging on this site. Falling out of the norm is not a sign of bad quality, it is in fact quite often a sign of having an own identity and a developed thought process.

Please head back to your XboX sites, and don't let the door hit you where the good lord Bindi split you!

OTT:
    :(

that is all.

17. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I wonder when they'll do a PC rev-WHAT IS THAT BOLD TEXT?!?!

It did the job! :p

18. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Actual this is the least sensationalist review I have read for this game, it seems to be only one that doesn't want the games children... Most over reviews rave over the graphics (which we know are nothing to write home about compares with the original), while ignoring gameplay and glossing over any problems with a wave of the hand.

This is also the review I trust the most seeing as nowadays bit-tech seems to be one of the very few sites that doesn't think that a score for a game can vary from 8 to 10. And it gets a 9 unless the game is unplayable (8), or is CoD/Halo (10).

19. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Does that mean you're not actually reading the King James bible?

20. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Check

Tags: Add Tags