1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 CPC server revamped

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 18 Dec 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Right. Thanks. I'll just call it BFBC2 night if that's okay.

2. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I've always hated Fort Nelson on Rush but i'll give it a chance after some decent games with some good squad tactics on it tonight.

Or maybe I just enjoyed because we were winning :D

3. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Cool, thanks. :)

4. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I <3 Rush on any map...The best game mode there is!...

5. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

Any ideas whether this server will be Hardcore? I don't agree with the normal mode where you have 'wall-hacks' enabled!

6. wyx087

Sorry. This server will play the game as it is meant to be played. With teamworking "wallhacks" and ability to run away after getting shot once.

We play for fun, we are not hardcore players. :)

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

What, people who play Hardcore don't like fun? :p ;)

8. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I find the CPC server fun because of the people on it but the non-hardcore mode does frustrate me at times - emptying half an LMG magazine into someone at point blank range who then turns around and stabs you tends to wind me up a bit :D.

I also prefer hardcore as I like being sneaky beaky around a map and using the shoot-move tactic and it works best with one (well placed) shot kills. I find that with hardcore mode the games are less "spray and pray" than non-hardcore mode.

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, return spotting and minimap to hardcore mode and we can start talking. Otherwise the whole squad thing is pointless in hardcore mode, and that means you don't play the game as it was intended to be played. This is a squad and team game, not a sneaky "play alone in corner" game.

But then it won't be hardcore enough for you, hardocore players, right ?

10. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

When I said "sneaky", I didn't mean as a lone wolf. The best games I ever played on COD, COD:2 and COD:4 were when the whole team were being "sneaky", covering each other, supporting bomb planters etc - you know, playing like a team with the same objective.

I just find that running flat out straight en masse down the middle in a kind of kamikaze run, using the fact that you have a good chance of not being killed (non-hardcore mode), doesn't really do it for me.

It is just my personal preference, not a criticism of how anyone else plays or how the game should be played etc.

11. wyx087

look, this isn't the place for hardcore discussion. the server is normal mode and that is final. ZiiP provides alternative for hardcore servers and many bit-techers already frequent there.

i've done many things according to requests such as mixed gamemodes, sniper limits, all of which spice up the server yet preserve the default BFBC2 experience. but hardcore is a personal preference, and i won't change it just because there are a few people request it, it will change the whole experience for everyone else.

half clip of LMG? you are probably aiming at wrong direction, fingers. only gun able to use half clip in a few seconds is MG3 and as long as your crosshair is anywhere near the target, it'd be shredded into pieces.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Gotta admit I love both the CPC Server and the Ziip one, I can also snipe better on the Ziip one....:D

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I prefer normal mode personally!

14. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I wasn't asking for a change of server mode. Like I said, I play on the CPC server because of the people on it, not because of the mode. I was only carrying on the discussion thread which I thought would be relevant, ignore me if it is not.

When I said "half a clip", I was deliberately exaggerating, hence the smiley face at the end of the sentence, apologies if it didn't come across in the tongue in cheek manner it was intended.

I take the "inconsistencies" of the game in the manner which I take all games, it's just a game.

15. wyx087

sorry, didn't realise you are not serious.

only problem i have is pump action shotgun not killing people at near point blank range, but that's due to netcode rather than HC/Normal.

even half a clip of M1 (4 shots) is more than enough to stop a knifer. assuming he's running directly at you since otherwise dodgy netcode come into play.

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The only problem I have is the SPAS12 killing people at 100m!

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I despise slug-shotties with a vengeance. I did my gold star 1's for all shotguns using them alot, but as soon as I got the shotty badge, it went away.

18. murraynt

murraynt Modder

40mm is where it's at :lol:
    Might pop on later to the Ziip server.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Oh yeah, you know it Murray :D

There is nothing better than walking into a building with the 40mm and clearing the entire floor with a single blast!

20. wyx087

nah, it's all about precision. walk in and headshot 4 or 5 people in quick session using SCAR-L followed by Grach.

in fact, the wonder Grach can easily take out 2 people at any range. who needs M1911.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.