1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Steam Refund? Darksiders

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lankuzo, 23 Mar 2011.

1. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

I was gifted Darksiders for my birthday yesterday and after 3 attempts to install and fix the game it just wont start.

Does anyone know where i need to go to get a refund or will the person who gifted it need to do this?

Also i logged onto the steam console on pc this morning but when i try the same account details online it says they are incorrect! Seems pretty stupid tbh

Any help would be good

Thanks

2. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Well I'm unable to get the Steam Support email for you but it is block....>_>..But thats where I would start my search, let them know I'm sure they'll give you hand.

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

As a side note - Darksiders has a some big bugs with the steam interface. I had to disable the steam cloud for Darksiders, have steam create a desktop shortcut, and once the steam interface was up, to run from the desktop icon - not the steam play button. After that is was fine for me.

EDIT: oh and if you running Windows 7 64, then you also need to fiddle with the compatablity settings.

What exactly is ur problems with darksiders? Maybe I can help to get the game running if your strike out with the refund.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Your friend have to ask for refund. But :

5. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

Windows 7 requires an Admin install for this game, otherwise it seems fine for me on 7 64bit with no tweaks.
    If it does not start once installed go to Steam\SteamApps\common\darksiders and run both dxwebsetup.exe AND vcredist_x86_sp1_atl_4053.exe, there's some old files there the game must have, even if you have DX10/11.
    HTH.

6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I don't believe i had any problems installing nor running Darksiders when i bought it over Christmas.

7. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

im re-downloading again after i uninstalled it last time. After clicking on desktop icon it would just load up a black screen then stop. I tried deleting the AMD logo WMA that was suggested, Also suggested was deleting a config file in a folder but there was never anything in the Darksiders folder.

ill give it another go and let you all know.

8. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

They will refund for a broken game, but it is a pain in the ass.... and they won't refund one game if you purchased multiple at one time, which is really shitty imo...

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

But what counts as a broken game? Is it broken just because it doesn't work on one guy's PC?

I checked the Steam forums and i didn't see any threads about launching issues on the first page. Lots of bug discussions, granted, but no "OMG IT WONT RUN!!" threads.

10. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

Mine Steam version of the game was broken - I had the fog issue. Read tonnes of forums about fixes and nothing worked.

I told my mate about it and loaded the game to show him and it worked fine...

It made me look a bit of a nobber, but at least the game is playable for me now.

11. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

well if i post on there it will be on the front page but for some reason steam wont let me log in lol

12. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Have you ran DirectX websetup? Steam doesn't always install the necessary DX9 bits required, even for Windows 7. Won't do any harm, it will skip installation if everything on your system is up to date.

13. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

tried all thats been suggested and still nothing. Just a black screen i have to cnt/alt/del out of. Task manager just says not responding for darksiders exe.

14. Hawkest

Hawkest I got some 4GB new RAM

Running windows 7 64bit and no issue installing or running darksiders.

Sent from my HTC Desire

15. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

the config file is in your documents folder, not the game folder.

1+ to that. especially for the black screen crash bug

16. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

All Darksider folders are empty except the main steam one. I ran both Setup files and the same thing happens.

Oh well it might work in the future with an update or something