1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 14 Feb 2011.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I wouldn't really care, but it is a "cursorless" crash, that means i press exit, then error window comes up, CTRL+ALT+DEL, start task manager, close task manager, click on the error reporting window and close it :D.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

been playing this game exclusively from Friday (launch) to last night that must be over 30 hours. and still haven't completed it. don't know why people say it's short. just started sequence 8, got the special armour, and got the shop quest armour. using the shop quest armour though because the Romulus special armour looks more like a warrior than an assassin. and can't have white cape :( both armour have same health points anyway.

and only played multiplayer on Saturday. singleplayer only since Sunday. will be getting back into MP tonight :D hopefully other players hasn't learnt to be cunning over the last couple of days.

launching the game to singleplayer only and don't launch through Steam (it's non-steam game for me) it never crash on exit. i did get a few crash after multiplayer with steam overlay on Saturday.

3. faugusztin

30 hours ? Hm... I'm at 16-18 hors of singleplayer, 3 side missions remaining (that is max a hour imo) and hunt for flags & other minor stuff. Even with that, i will have hard time hitting 25 hours. Of course i don't have every mission at 100%, but still i don't get what you can do for 30 hours and not reaching the end :D.

4. Jimbob94

Jimbob94 What's a Dremel?

Lovin the MP on this game, it is so fun :D

5. wyx087

all side missions, buying all the stuff, all towers and the DLC. also got all assassin's to assassino level. and quest for 100% in most missions (not restart, just being very careful and plan my moves). looking at the DNA screen, i got all sequences at 60 to 80%.

Jimbob94, what's your Uplay name? or is MP join friend is still broken beyond belief?

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

And you forgot just 'messing about' - like poisoning a guard and then seeing how many civilians you can get him to slaughter when he goes nuts! The other one I like doing is collecting those annoying bards, walking up to a guard, poisoning the guard and then watch him slaughter the bards!!! The most I have got is four bards!

7. faugusztin

Well ok, i didn't do all the side missions yet (as i said, 3 remaining), few trainees are not at assasino yet...
    Story mode says 71% sync, the lowest sync rate of a sequence is 70%, 59% secret locations, 56% war machines, 75% templar agents, 58% assasination, 44% thief, 84% courtesan.

Of course with enough time, i can get most of this to 100%, but after multiplayer, i don't really feel the immediate need to play singleplayer again, multiplayer is so much fun :D.

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

What are your uplay names? I'm HexyWoo, feel free to add me, message me who you are or something too as I have no clue who half the people adding me are if it isn't straight after a team game!

Would like more people to play Chest Capture and Manhunt with. Stun-locking Cheesecake! I think I'm currently at rank #28 for stuns. I need to get into that top 10!
    Haha definitely! Another fun thing to do is to poison a guard and throw money on the ground. Peasants start running in, get slaughtered then when there's a pile of corpses more peasants rush in and look like zombies feeding on flesh :lol:

9. Jimbob94

Uplay name: GuanYu66

probably be on some time today

10. Hex

Cool I'll add you, or add me. I don't mind.

I currently can't play the multiplayer again as my router reset itself to factory settings... I added back all the port-forwarding I had before. I get into games, but then it boots me off saying the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood servers are down and greys out the Muliplayer & Uplay menus until I quit & restart the game. This is getting old really fast...

11. wyx087

completed singleplayer last night, so expect to see more of me in multiplayer :D

the use of Apple is pretty annoying. i was like: "let me use my weapon, this apple is crap". the sward + killstreak + my awesome top ranked assassins are very effective at killing all type of enemy anyway.

has anyone able to actually join a friend's session yet?

12. Hex

Yeah I had a few games on Manhunt with friends, until yesterday when I started being completely unable to get a match again. Apparently they're testing a fix at the moment, so we'll probably get a patch next week or sometime soon.

I've updated my support call. I just want to be able to play again! I did before without changing anything.

[edit]Sorry wuyanxu, I wasn't actually at my PC when you invited me into that game, when I got back you were 'unreachable'. You could have been in a ranked game by then though. Shame it doesn't let you say you're 'away' or something.[/edit]

Last edited: 24 Mar 2011
  13. Hex

14. wyx087

no worries Hex, was just trying the invite system. seems like a very bad system.

god, i think getting 3 monitor might be worth it just to be able to see people sneaking up in multiplayer.

multiplayer seems to have better players now :/ keep getting 3rd or 4th with tonight's game. people are getting wiser.

15. Jimbob94

Wearing the drachen armour in the Cristina Memories are so funny because iit shows the older Ezio with a really high-pitched voice, and the facial expressions :hehe:

16. Hex

Yeah, you've got all the North Americans online too now, so the number of people who'd already played on a console and just got it on PC will have jumped up considerably.

I got into games again last night - yay! Though I need to work on my console version Templar Scores a bit more, my PC ones are higher for the week so far haha! I got a few friend requests after my teams of randoms in some Manhunt/Chest Capture games decimated the opposition which was nice :)

17. Jimbob94

Has anyone met any Harlequins in the SP?
    Just seen one and it says 1 0f 5 beaten up :confused:

18. Hex

Yeah on the 360 version I've beaten up all 5 of them. Well I stabbed the first 2 and had to go away and come back for them to respawn. There's an XBL achievement (and a Uplay one?) for beating all 5 up, so you have to use fists, not weapons. They're almost all on the river front in one line, so if you find one and keep walking along the river you'll find most of the others.

19. Jimbob94

20. wyx087

i've spent a few Uplay points to unlock AC2's uber armour skin. it's much better looking than the Romulus unlocked armour. this one actually looks like an assassin's wear, whereas the other one looks like an armour plated dress.

i've got to level 20 in MP now :D

enjoying Manhunt and chest capture the most. probably due to my BFBC2 teamwork nature. in offensive, i mark the target and allow my teammates to give chase if they starts running, because i can never catch them on rooftops :(. in defensive, i use Morph + Smoke and a lot of nerves to just stand in a crowd to hopefully stun them before they figure out which one i am.

okay with Wanted, but usually rarely get to the top one because i usually start up good with a few high score kills. when there's 3 people on me, i fail to change tactics and get slaughtered in 2nd half of the round. having re-read your long post earlier Hex, i think i'll give Wanted another try tonight. but use Manhunt-defensive strategy once i get the lead, when there are 3 people after me. but how do you avoid: stun one pursuer, but get killed by the 2nd, who happen to stand next to you, waiting.