1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ASPHIAX, 8 Feb 2011.

1. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here is another update !

Had a brainfart while snowboarding after seeing a piece of snow coming through a piece of cloth at the pub.

This is what is has to become:
    [​IMG]

Here is the idea:
    [​IMG]

Looks soemthing like this
    [​IMG]

CRAP !! You can still see the transparant frosted plexi. oh wait thats because light is getting into it from the sieds. DOH !!!
    [​IMG]
    Hmm still a lot of light but it is not as visible now. the LCARS panel needs to be light tight from the sides and between the LEDS"s

And LED on: (my camera shows too much light. it actually is a easy going blue
    [​IMG]

Still soem licht polution but the principle works!!! now to do soem experimenting with the intesity of the leds

'Here is an overview of the layers of plexi
    [​IMG]

Laterz

ASPHIAX

2. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

And to keep momentum: Another Update ! Finally had some time to translate!
    HMMM Let poke some holes now the epoxy is dry
    [​IMG]

It finally became a 80mm fan. Just wouldnt get the 92mm in without it looking strange.
    [​IMG]

The Tail fan
    [​IMG]

I can still add the os SSD between the HDD's and they will still have enough cooling
    [​IMG]

Started on the Pylons with the warp nacelles. Added a couple of small hinges.
    [​IMG]

This should be made possible to do electrically (by the servo's running of an arduino) by pushing a button on the commbadge !
    [​IMG]

Warp speed !
    [​IMG]

Holes..
    [​IMG]

More holes ...
    [​IMG]

Jeffries tube from the series
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next pictures were made with green tubing for testing purposes. They will be replaced with feser white UV tubing as the whole interior will be airbrushed black and the led fan will be bue.
    Ingress from the warp nacelles and egress towards the mobo and pump
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quick fitting session with all the deflector tunnel hardware fitted
    [​IMG]

Almost a shame to have to enclose this with foam
    [​IMG]

Well that was it for today
    Laterz
    ASPHIAX

3. cchr

cchr Minimodder

This is getting more awesome by the minute!
    keep it up man! great work!

4. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

Good job men! I like it very much. I am a big fan of water cooling and yours looking awesome. All the servos and stuff great job keeb it up :)

5. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Addictive Post makes you want more and more.. But can you put a rowntrees fruit pastel in your mouth without chewing?

6. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Thanks, Look here for a lively discussion on eating a pastel without chewing OR how to say ham without closing your mouth !

7. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Here are a quick couple of pics made tonight!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LATERZ
    ASPHIAX

8. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

I solved the problem with the huge "sunroof" bleeder and those on the sides.
    I will use a reflective insulation tape (actually layed the plastic underfloor in my living room with this) It weighs nothing compared to the thick layer of filler, it seals all the bleeders, it reflects the warmth coming from the hardware inside the case preventing the foam to become an insolator and also reflects the light from the leds so the inside is better lit.

Creds to Munty for the exellent tip! Thansk bro!

Just wanted to share this pic before sealing all the bleeders.
    EVIL SMILIE !!!
    [​IMG]

This the effect of sealing the bleeders. Just not sure about the way it looks. Any thoughts ?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Oh yeah, I need to change the position of the IR receivers for the microcontrollers as the signals probably will not get through anymore.

9. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Is that portion on the right an NZXT Sentry LX? I've got one - have you used one before?

10. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Its a sentry LXE with the remote . I have an LX in my other case , works ok, only when the temp rises the fan gets more power quick. wish it would have been adjustable (20 = 700rpm, 300= 800 rpm, 50 = 1500, etc )
    The LXE has been purring away for a couple of days at my desk. heard some stories about the fans squeling and the lack of power on the channels but so far so good?
    How are your experiences with it?

11. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I find the temperature probes to be a bit of a pain, TBH, and something - probably a battery - has died, so it won't hold the date/time etc when the computer's powered down. I like it, but I wouldn't buy another one.

I wish someone would make a fan controller that pulls temperature data from the actual components via a motherboard USB header, or something. Most components measure their own temperatures, so it seems stupid for fan controllers to try and measure it themselves (through the wrong side of an HSF/the plastic casing of a GPU/whatever else the probes are stuck to) when they could just grab it from a basic program. That way I wouldn't have to fill my case with inaccurate, annoying probes that massively underestimate temperature. :wallbash:

12. MurdocksFace

MurdocksFace What's a Dremel?

Your build is great in itself, but this screen... I would it have on my TV all day. I would probably buy a second TV just to display it. That is awesome!

13. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Sounds like the battery, installed mine without it and had the same issue untill i found I hadnt plugged the battery in :eyebrow:

Yep, i know exactly what you mean mate! Speedfan does do something in that area with the temp coming directly from the device but I havent found a fancontroller that integrates with a prog like speedfan. I hope that if I ever get a sponsor in this area I can do something with them to adress this. In my belief its not only what you can make with the products of the sponsor but potentially also with the sponsor itself. The best idea's are born out of necessity and modding is in my view about continuously thinking outside the box.

14. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Hahaha, thanks man! The Sentry LXE fancontroller is already in and I am expecting the microcontroller for the leds and the panel from cnc guy in two weeks, so keep tuned!

15. MurdocksFace

MurdocksFace What's a Dremel?

I'll keep tuned, alright (in a jealous way!).

I had an epiphany today: on the screen you posted there is a spelling mistake in the ship's class. It's supposed to be Intrepid, not "Entrepid".
    (This occurred to me whilst buying groceries, so I will not see the finishing of this build, as I'm going to kill myself for being too much of a sad, sad nerd. ;))

16. 0rbibital

0rbibital What's a Dremel? Stop asking that!!

Beam me up captain:jawdrop::jawdrop:

17. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Maybe after all the stardust settles I can build you a version so you can look at it all day long!

Hahaha, good to see that my build is reaching parts of the brain active while buying groceries. I always come home with the wrong stuff because I'm thinking of other stuff while I get the list dictated by my wife, lol!
    Thansk a bunch dude! the CNC guy was gonna do a test run tonight so I was able to change the design!

With the amount of support I am getting (5 buildlogs total 2000 hits a day) I can tell you one thing : You are not alone !!!

18. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

WARP 9 - Engage !

Thanks!

19. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Wow, some nice updates. Can't wait to see that controller and the water cooling scheme Looks great. Also, congrats on the MOTM win! :D

20. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Nice. As for the bleeding, have you considered painting it with something like rubberizing spray? 1-2 coats of rubberizing paint will completely block out the bleeding.