1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ★ IncredibLi A70F by Tonton Buddy ★ last update 21/07/2011

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tonton Buddy, 15 Mar 2011.

1. that_du^de

that_du^de give your head a wobble

silent1313 when you say past 45 deg do you mean under 45 deg(say 42deg)? thats dam tight! thats only 45deg from being flat(180deg) or a duch fold as some call it! with alu if you want to go under 45deg 1.2mm is about the max gage to try to stop cracking,the thicker the alu the more the outside has to strech the tighter you go with the bend.however you might be right and have the wrong type af alu! alu for bending is t2-t3(bend strength) you might have a higher t alu(t4-t5) t6 is more or less billet and would snap.keep going tonton!!

2. Tonton Buddy

Tonton Buddy What's a Dremel?

Hello, my L aluminium profil thickness makes 1.5mm, and the 90° bend don't crack. i don't know the nuance of the alloy aluminium, but i know that T6 and T7 alloy aluminium are very resistant and stiff, there are used for their very good mechanical characteristics to make bicycle frame.
    i think my aluminium profil alloy contains a little more lead, it's for that it bends easily and don't crack.

Other thing, yesterday, i received track number for my ADATA parcel!!! :D
    They send me one memory kit ADATA XPG™ Gaming v2.0 Series DDR3 2133Mhz 2x2Go and one ADATA S599 (SandForce SF-1222) 128Go!!!

A very big thanks to Adata for their support!! :thumb:
    Go to visit ADATA site and to discover their products... for it click on the images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    This project is sponsored by :

http://www.watercooling.fr/
    http://www.bitspower.com.tw/
    http://www.pc-look.com/
    http://www.adata-group.com/

A big thanks to every sponsors, without you nothing is possible.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​

Last edited: 28 Mar 2011
  3. theron

theron What's a Dremel?

Hello Tonton, thank you for posting all these photos and descriptions of your experiences.

I have found this forum thread by mistake, I was searching for ek420 xtc, and saw this with the same pc case as me (I have the A71FB - they are the same internally).

Please could you take a photo of how the radiator fits inside the roof of the case? and how it fits inside the cd/dvd cage?

I wanted to get a black ice sr1 420, but it seems to be too wide, and will not fit within the cd/dvd cage. :(

Thank you again for a great build log so far, it looks amazing!

4. Tonton Buddy

Hello theron,

If you want see more photos you can go here : Hardware.fr - [WorkBlog] ★ IncredibLi A70F by TontonBuddy ★.
    It's my french workblog, there are a little more photos and information. :)

Concerning 420 radiator, EK Coolstream 420 is the only one who settles in the roof as i did, without interferer with the support of power/reset switch PCB. EK Coolstream 420 is the shortest 420 radiator.

Here some photos before replacing stock aluminium profil of the roof of the case, with the radiator, reservoir, top of the case and cables of i/o panel.

I shall take photos with CD/DVD and my pumps in the 5"1/4 bay soon. I you have any questions i'm at ur disposition. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

Nice build :D
    Just a question what's Tonton comming from? The kangeroo things on hoth (Star Wars Ice planet) or from the vodoo culture? Or something completley different?

6. Tonton Buddy

Completly different!! :D
    Tonton is one familiar word to say "oncle" in french. :)

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

Ok was wondering if it where some french thing but could only find thoose two I mentioned :p

8. Tonton Buddy

Hello Dragonite :)

i'm sorry, i've some difficulties to understand your sentence... :wallbash:
    can u write differently ur sentence? i'm french and my english isn't perfect... :waah:

9. XxS4CR3DxX

XxS4CR3DxX What's a Dremel?

Looking good so far tonton buddy, I like what ya did with the HDD drive keep up the good work.

10. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

Well what I meant was that I though Tonton was something french so I looked it up and could only find that it was the name of the Hoth kangaroos and a word from the Vodoo culture that Baby Doc used to name his death-squadron. Tonton is what they call the Reaper in vodoo :p

11. Tonton Buddy

Thanks a lot!! I understood this time!! :D
    You are a real fan of star wars to know all this.

@that_du^de : i checked yesterday my PSU cover, there isn't bend, it's only the light reflection.

I received at my work the ADATA parcel this morning, i'm very happy!! :D
    This evening i shall take photos of the memory, and SDD on my news HDD supports, i remake them yesterday to improve them.

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

Sure I am but not that hardcore I just have to kill anyone who doesn't like it :p No joke aside :p Google is a good tool to find out information that most people doesn't know :p

13. theron

theron What's a Dremel?

Hi Tonton,

Thank you for your excellent reply!

Those pictures tell me everything that I need to know... only EK 420 xtc will fit! hehe

Wow it is such a close fit! 0mm on all sides! It is a shame because it is not the best at cooling (so I have read).

I will probably use a black ice sr1 120mm fan on the back of mine. I do not want to cut the frame of the case, i want to only cut the roof (top panel). hopefully that will be possible!

14. jadawgis732

jadawgis732 What's a Dremel?

I'm sure it's a great project but I got caught up about the third pic, and compared to the pic after it, I thought the "...by Tonton Buddy" was reversed. After 5 minutes of staring between the two pics, I realized that the tag was photoshopped in there. For the rest of the images I just was staring at where it would appear.

EDIT: Jesus, and again, with the PC Look logo! It's very distracting, and detracts from your work.
    Look, believe it or not the shop that donates a slab of aluminum to your build for exposure does not deserve to impose on every image where it's product appears.

For all you sponsorees out there, with logos appearing in every post: we don't care.

EDIT:
    Better correct that typo or they'll get mad and send some repo men to confiscate that SSD you've been drooling over for days.

Without them it is possible. And you won't have some design you made or feeling of accountability influencing your work. Unfortunately you would have to post in a different section: the "Unsponsored Worklogs" section, which is full of vermin and scum and all the other lowlifes stuck in a rat race. But with their dignity intact.

It's unfortunate, BT always caters to sponsored builds. I remember reading a post on here about how to get sponsored (I was curious about the standard arrangements made between modder and company). I remember literally feeling sick to my stomach after reading that post. Lines like "Well, I'm one of those people you need to impress." "[Don't ask for a sponsorship on your fist build] Third times a charm." It totally disgusted me. And the premise is founded on an arrangement not far from pimp/hooker. "Here, just subjugate your values for my benefit. In return here's a piece of scrap metal." "Here, just bend over and close your eyes, pretend your somewhere else and bring me back the money. In return here's a sense of security."

Last edited: 27 Mar 2011
  15. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don What's a Dremel?

u mad?

didnt you get sponsored or?

and very nice build Tonton :D

16. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

What are you smoking? You don't have to get sponsored, but remember.. Not everyone can afford hardware!

PC Look didn't make a huge contribution to the build, but that bit of 'scrap metal' really is quite ingenious and it helps the aesthetics quite a bit.

I suppose you're also completely against professional sports. How dare these athletes demean themselves by wearing uniforms covered in LOGOS! They should only play for personal enjoyment, I'm offended that people get paid!

BT does NOT always cater to sponsored builds, but the thing is with sponsored builds.. They tend to be much fancier, and they tend to get more attention, and the modder is generally quite well known in the community. It just tends to happen that way.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid..

Also sub'd, I love these basic performance-oriented builds!

Last edited: 27 Mar 2011
  17. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Haha, against my better judgement I have to comment. I've looked at a lot of mods and a lot of 'sponsored' mods. Whilst I cant say that I've never seen anyone 'bend over' for some kit, it is never the less the exception rather than the rule. The worst thing I can say about the text all over the images is that it's in bad taste, but I think it's going overboard getting stuck into the OP just for that. There have been some builds here with the sponsors name cut into the side panels and elsewhere, these are perhaps closer to 'bend over' than this is. :hehe:

18. Tonton Buddy

Damn it, even on this great forum there are trolls... :duh:

I'm french and i began my mod in January, i exposed it in the first one on Hardware.fr, and yes after presented my project, several shops and brands sponsor me!!

Next , my workblog on Bit-Tech is in construction, i created it there are 2 weeks only and i've a lot of things to do before my mod in my life dude!! There are a lot of photos in my first post because i had them already, now my workblog about IncredibLi A70F mod' is approximately the same on Hardware and Bit-Tech.

Bit-Tech is a great english forum to share knowledge about mod, i created my workblog here for show and share my work with u, and especially to improve my english. And I created it also in agreement with ADATA for show their products and later their performances on an other forum... It's the way of the advertising partnership, no?!

Yes it's not the best mod, but my work pleases and interests people, i have find a little of time to improve the look and some details of my workblog on BT, my sponsors know it, i communicate regularly by e-mail and telephone with them. So leave me a little of time to do it.

Now, if you're not satisfied, if you don't like my work, if you're jealous... stop troll and flood... and go out!!

19. theron

theron What's a Dremel?

Hi tonton,

Please do not worry about these "negative" comments, I am really enjoying this thread as you intended it and I believe the previous posts prove that many others are too.

I have a few questions...

Do you intend to use shrouds on your fans + radiators?
    Have you thought about putting a single 120mm radiator on the back?
    Is there space in the top cd/dvd cages for a bay reservoir when the EK420 radiator installed?
    Do you think you will lose much airflow through the radiator with the bitspower mesh above it? It looks really nice and I want to do it too but I am worried about losing cooling performance.

Can't wait to see it finished! :)

20. Tonton Buddy

Hi all,

Here the memory kit ADATA XPG™ Gaming v2.0 Series DDR3 2133Mhz 2x2Go and one ADATA S599 (SandForce SF-1222) 128Go!!! :D

[​IMG]

A very big thanks to Adata for their support!! :thumb:

And here some photos about the realization of the window on my PSU cover. I'm sorry i don't have a lot of photos because my APN battery is down while i realized the window and modified the HDD support.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HDD supports fixed under the PSU cover...​

[​IMG]

And the finish look with the ADATA SSD in place!! :thumb:

[​IMG]

Now i have to fix the two 280 radiators... :dremel:

Also, i profite of this photo to thank Watercooling.fr for the 280 radiators EK-Coolstream, Bitspower for the fittings and PC-Look for the ProlimaTech fans... I shall make thanks for all the offered parts later with nices photos. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]