1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crytek: We didn't confirm Crysis 2 DX11 patch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Mar 2011.

1. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

Why do people want DirectX 11?

2. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

Regardless of if or when the game looks really good, plays better than both crysis and warhead (60fps consistent).

3. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

@MattyD - Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I think I've encountered the same bugs as you. That's why I've never been able to accumulate the Nanocatalyst I was expecting as I killed dozens of Ceph and when I checked I only had 500. What happened was I'd quit the game twice POST checkpoint but have obviously lost them. I've also had the melee bug a few times too.

Great game but, yes, a little buggy even if the game has never crashed. The A.I. is a little dodgy too at times; I've seen soldiers walking in circles and even repeatedly into walls not to mention aliens that just stand rooted to the spot even though they should be able to see me (I'm unstealthed).

Finally, has anyone noticed how Alcatraz still casts a very obvious shadow when you engage the stealth mode? I mean how can enemies miss a moving shadow?!?!? :O

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Because it may look a bit better?

5. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Wow, so it's never coming? Very sad.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Better looks, better performance. But mainly, and let's be honest about this, people want it because it's Crysis and it better be cutting edge tech & beyond. That's what people expect from Crytek & that's what Crytek advertised throughout development.

I don't think Crysis 2 NEEDS DX11 to look good and I'm pretty sure it won't make it look as stunning as Crysis 1 was back in the days. But if you have a whole marketing team pushing out information about the breath-taking & boundary-pushing technology/engine you have to deliver. Crytek didn't & possibly won't (in due time).

7. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Hmm okay. So when Crytek said that they're still focussing on the PC, they actually made a minor mistake since they actually meant to say that they're a console game manufacturer who will create rushed PC ports. Easy mistake to make I guess..

Bah. If Crysis 2 is (very) cheap in a sale in the future I might get it, but for now I see no real incentive to buy it.

8. MattyD

MattyD What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure that's intentional due to how the suit works. It makes it look like you aren't there but it can't stop you blocking the light and making a shadow. It's the same in the first two games.

9. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Does this mean that we have to wait for consoles to catch us up before we see any eye candy?

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm wondering, have Crytek technically committed fraud? Throughout development they've been saying that the game will support DX11 and now it looks as though it won't.

11. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

False advertising?

12. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

They DID announce it, Crytek_Tiago announced it on his twitter.

imgur.com/Wf4L5.jpg

Proof.

13. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Seems like false advertising, although nothing will come of it - especially since it doesn't say "DX11 Supported" all over the game's adverts and boxsets.

14. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

The Engine supports DX11, I don't believe they ever said the game would.

15. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Crytek = Sell outs.

16. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Yeah, definitely not supporting a game that should be utilizing the latest technology out like the previous Crysis did....at least not at the full sticker price....

17. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Meh. Glad I didn't buy it with all this talk of bugs and lacklustre graphics.

18. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

get all the sales, bait and switch, then run for the hills! played some last night, it's just like the beta xD

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Wiki did state crysis 2 supported dx11, and the game was in the dx11 Games list.

It's now funny that a couple of days later I check Wiki again, and they have now removed all dx11 discribtion from the game?

20. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

They DID confirm it:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1153248p1.html

Regarding DirectX 11 support, which would allow for more advanced graphical effects, Camarillo said, "Crysis 2 will support DirectX 11 but we'll talk more about that in the future. There's an announcement coming soon about that."

Tags: Add Tags