1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Sugo SG07 + Corsair Hydro H70?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fackam, 29 Mar 2011.

1. fackam

fackam What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

I'm contemplating putting together a new build with a Sugo SG07, GTX580, M-ITX H67/P67 rev. B board + Corsair's H70 for watercooling.

A couple of questions;

* Where in the UK (or Ireland preferrably) can I get a Mini-ITX H67/P67 B3 motherboard? No one has them listed!
    * Will the H70 fit the SG07? Or is the H50 sufficient for a 2600K @ 4-4.5GHz 24/7? (it should fit I suppose)

Cheers :)

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I have that case and no, it won't fit since the HG07 has no 120mm fan mounts, and thus nowhere to mount the radiator. Only a single 180mm AP fan.

3. Mizakoto

Mizakoto Problematica

why not get a sg05? It'll fit everything in there

4. fackam

fackam What's a Dremel?

300W PSU for 2600K + GTX580?

Are you sure? http://www.athlonmp.com/reviews/cas...ax_tabs_block_tab=0&referer=node/50151&args=/ says this:

5. roosauce

roosauce Looking for xmas projects??

You also asked about coolers sufficient for the 2600k. It seems that just about any half decent after market cooler is sufficient to keep the sandy bridge chips in check. They actually don't generate that much heat (comparatively) when overclocked.

6. fackam

fackam What's a Dremel?

I suppose, but I really would like the thing to be quiet as well. I doubt the stock cooler will be able to keep it quiet at 4.5GHz for example. :)

(there might be other heatsinks that do though, but I'm not sure which ones fit in this case)

7. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Loads of info about fitting stuff in sg07s and other m-itx cases here: http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

I'd have thought that you wouldn't see much of an improvement going from 180mm + cpu cooler fan to 120mm + water, and would probably not help the general case temps that much unless you modded in some more fans.

8. fackam

fackam What's a Dremel?

Sweet, thanks for the link. I saw that one guy fitted a Corsair H70 in the case. Can't send a PM to him though as my user hasn't been activated yet :/

I've heard the 180mm fan is quite noisy, even on the lowest setting, that makes me want to take it out and use the bracket for 120mm, to stick the H70 radiator on there. Perhaps with just one fan, or with dual fans, providing it doesn't touch the mobo.

9. Parge

oooohh, I didn't realise that! I've just received a brand new Corsair H50 as a warranty replacement too so I might think about cooling my CPU with that!

It appears you can screw the rad straight onto the AP mount.

"I never dreamed i could do push pull on the h50 in a itx case as small as sug07 but if you use a 20mm slim fan you can still have room for a 25mm regular width fan. Low speed yate loon for the win"

Piccy

Piccy

Last edited: 30 Mar 2011
  10. Parge

Oh and fyi, yes a full speed (1200rpm as I remember) the fan is very noisy, but at low speed (700rpm....?) its almost silent.

I just turn it onto full speed for games.

11. J888www

J888www What's a Dremel?

Your System has already been Built and Tested.

In my last build, I purchased a Hydro H50, there was an annoying clicking noise from the heat exchange turbine module, total waste of £65 (inclusive of delivery), but the lesson had been learned, swoped out for a Prolimatech Megahalem with Noise-Blocker fan.

Not sure in regard to the H70, but if the quality is similar to the H50, then it would be another waste of cash, question is would you risk it ?

I am also debating on another build, this time in the Mini ITX format for Gaming and that's why I am replying to your post as it is of similar configuration to my preferences.

SilentPC already built and tested a Gaming Mini ITX with the SUGO SG07 case, it explains the good and bad/trials and errors in this build.
    Silent SFF Gaming PC Build Guide
    (Be sure to click "next" until arrive at the Sugo SG07 build)

I have a slight difference in my options:
    CPU: Sandy Bridge (as yet undecided as to i5 or i7/standard or ****K)
    GPU: Sapphire Vapor X HD 68** series (or GPU which is quiet & fast "without the Scythe Musashi")
    SSD: OCZ Vertex II Series 180GB
    Cooling: Replace 180mm fan with a 120mm Nanoxia DX / Noise Blocker (found the balance of the fan blades on the spindle of the Nanoxia to be second to none during the last build, but opting for the latter)
    CPU Cooler: Scythe Samurai ZZ / Thermalright AXP-140 RT (as yet undecided but opting for the latter)

As time passes and new products arrive on the market, my preferences may alter in the future.

@ Parge.
    TYVM for showing your Sig, now I have another option with the Prolimatech Samuel 17.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2011
  12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'm doing a similar build using the H70 and a SUGO 05
    I'm getting the one with the 450W unit.

13. fackam

fackam What's a Dremel?

Cheers for the replies. I actually pulled the trigger and went for M-ATX with a P67 mobo, couldn't wait anymore!
    edit: wait as in wait for the p/q67 itx motherboards.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Apr 2011