1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl saying the tsunami in Japan is an answer to her prayers.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Krog_Mod, 14 Mar 2011.

1. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

So who would win in a battle between a Zoey-bot and a Lucy Liu-bot? And the bigger question is, who cares? I'd pay just to see the match, regardless of the outcome. :p

Sorry, but I figured after 20 pages of mostly the same couple of arguments restated over and over, I thought a bit of levity was needed.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah really it is the same arguments over and over.. I can't agree with nexxo on the cloning issue though.. there's plenty of people out there who would pay anything to have themselves cloned, and you guys know it too

and no he didn't destroy the embryo's.. that's called an excuse, it never happened.. there's been people who've been dangling the claim they've cloned people for quite a few years now

it always turns out to be nothing more than lies.. you can see the money involved already.. I only post in here because I'm trying to help people who are blind to the agendas out there- seems there is a lot of sheep out there nowdays who eat up anything put in front of them.. easier to put on the blinders I guess

can probably sum up everything been posting by saying think for yourself! noone else will do that for you.. believe it or not, trying to help people on bittech :D or else I wouldn't waste my time here

some good points made in this thread.. but it does tend to go in a loop- just hope anyone new to both religion and evolution take a step back

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Crazy girl

Last edited: 31 Mar 2011
  4. zatanna

zatanna What's a Dremel?

i have no evidence because my point was that i was confused by contradictory interpretations of events. god was sometimes explained as interferring with the laws of nature and other times he was detached and didn't seem to be bothered at all. :yawn: one of the lingering ill effects for me was a distrust of my senses. thankfully, i had other influences and the wherewithall to deal with it, but learning science on the one hand and belief in an untouchable, unseeable, etc. being on the other can lead to disjunctive behaviors.

if god(desses) were presented like that, there'd be legions on their knees!

one might say the "interesting" stage is being set now with Arizona officials wanting to "get all up in our wombs" to prevent racism. :worried:

http://prospect.org/csnc/blogs/tapped_archive?month=03&year=2011&base_name=limiting_abortion_under_the_gu

5. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Why would they? What use would pretty much anybody have for a clone of themselves?

Do you actually have any evidence for any of these claims or is it just what you think has happened? To be honest given some of the claims and statements you've made in various threads it seems you're the sort of person who's quite open to eating up anything put in front of them and have little requirement for evidence before you'll start believing something.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^
    [​IMG]

7. zulu9812

zulu9812 What's a Dremel?

Back to this girl's video, I have a theory that she might not actually be a Christian. At ~ 1:45 she utters the phrase "Oh my God". This, of course, breaks the Commandment to not take the Lord's name in vain. As warped as some American Christians are, I think that that Commandment is something that they would take seriously.

8. walle

walle Minimodder

...a certain amount of repetition is to be expected I think.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2011
  9. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I think you'll find almost all Christians will find her view abhorrent. (Although Westboro baptist church have probably linked it to punishment for gay right somehow.
    But still there are no tru scotsman eh.

Krog_Mod likes this.
  10. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Sarcasm? Given the filter that the internet has on communication, I can't tell whether or not you're serious.

EDIT:
    @Nexxo, I'll just say I called it back on page 9:

11. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

Zoey is WAY better looking.

12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

You don't need cloning to create Mao or Stalin or Hitler, just ambition, a dash of charisma, and the right socioeconomic conditions for a receptive society. I think most CEOs could become world class dictators if put in a situation where they were not accountable to anyone. The best of humanity is rare, the worst is already in all of us.

EDIT:

I wouldn't throw either of them out of bed, but that's just me :D

Malvolio likes this.
  13. Nexxo

Can you tell them apart (then again, do you need to)? :p

The heroin chique look doesn't work for me though...

eddie_dane likes this.
  14. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Yeah, they aren't ugly, especially not Zoey, but they aren't exactly stunner's either... some sunlight exposure would improve things, but seriously (we are in serious after all) what is up with Katy Perry's hips? :confused:
    There's either one seriously tight corset under there or she's gotta lay off the thigh master :eyebrow: I bet it's a corset, since her legs don't look toned.

15. zulu9812

No, I was being serious. A Christian wouldn't say "Oh my God" like that. Another example would be saying "Jesus Christ!" if you were shocked or angry. A Christian wouldn't do that.

16. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Something tells me you don't know a lot of Christians. It's also worth pointing out that apparently she later admitted to just being a troll. You may have missed that information as it got buried in the creationism/evolution debate. Given how quickly this thread expanded (not unlike the universe), it's not hard to see how some of the little details get lost.

Again, you must not know many Christians, American or otherwise. For a species that freely kills, lies, cheats, steals, and covets, something as seemingly insignificant as uttering God's name in vain hardly seems that bad in comparison. There are a host of things a Christian shouldn't do (enough to fill a book, you might say), but the reality is that Christians are human, and humans are a flawed creature.

Christians, even the really good ones, err every now and then. Hence the whole idea of forgiveness of sins.

eddie_dane likes this.
  17. zulu9812

For the record, I went to a Catholic school. What makes you so qualified to speak on the matter? I'm well aware that there are degrees of religious observance, but I would think that a religious zealot would be quite anally retentive about observing the Commandments, even if just for show (which is more or less what this particular Commandment is about anyway). And if, as you say, she has since admitted that she was trolling and not really a Christian - it would appear that I am correct, that a devout Christian would not take the Lord's name in vain.

18. Nexxo

Television evangelists do it every day... :p

19. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Nonsense! It didn't expand, it sprang into being fully formed at a word from Nexxo, who wished once again to smite those who don't believe in logic and rationality.
    :D

20. walle

walle Minimodder