1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 14 Feb 2011.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yay! I think I'm level 45 now. My friends are level 50s but then they didn't have to deal with the game changing its mind whether they can play on a daily basis :grr: I am #18 for Stuns though, which I'm OK with considering how many times the game has died on me or refused to let me play.

Because a lot of people on the PC version haven't got into the stun-locking groove just yet I've had some hilarious games of Manhunt & CC where I've been chasing down my pursuers to smoke/mute stun them. Not exactly how the game is meant to be played, but hilarious none the less. Yeah switching profiles is a great tactic on Wanted. Not just for getting Greater variety, but for switching to full on defence when in the lead with multiple pursuers. Try finding 'your' spot on the maps too. The Pantheon in Rome is great when you have multiple pursuers as you can tell exactly who's coming after you and if there's another one coming and you don't have smoke/mute yet you can generally get away from them through the pillars. Last night I ran around a pillar to get a naked stun on pursuer #3 which amused me greatly.

Yeah I am loving team modes on PC now, even with randoms. On the 360 version people tend to have much better team work though. I played a couple of games of Chest Capture with SHENMUE36 (typed with Shift!), Malex McBlat & LopunnyLord last night. It was weirdly laggy though, both games it said I chose the personas but I didn't actually get to choose, it did it on its own. We were Captain Awesomes first though which was :lol: Had charge completely fail on me AGAIN (happening more & more) where I push my target out of the way and kill an NPC :eyebrow: my camera also started swirling about wildy and got me killed in San Donato which was annoying. I played like total **** too which bugged me. Then again I always play like crap on Sundays. The 2nd game though, we must've spent 20 minutes waiting for the lobby to fill. Finally get a game and after some stun-lockage the entire other team just left.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I had few good moments as well. Blend in group when there are 2 same characters in group, and then watch your back. See poor confused opponent, and when he walks around for 3rd time, move out and stun him :D.

And i personally hate when someone kills me when i'm killing someone else :(. But at least it sometimes lead up to chain kill and announcer saying "massacre".

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i think those massacre moments are unavoidable, it's just how it's supposed to work, since people naturally converge on one another given enough time, everyone is stalking and being stalked.

what's this stun lock you speak of? i sometimes don't even see a B symbol, currently just bash B when i am near my pursuer and hope i get a stun before he figures out.

4. Hex

What annoys me then is how I see their persona just standing idly next to me during the kill animation... oh great, now I'm dead too...

Yeah, it's also how you can shape the game yourself when you have 3 or 4 pursuers too. With half the lobby after you it's pretty likely your target is after one of them. So if you can take care of your pursuers, you should be able to get a nice easy incognito, as your target will no doubt rush in to kill their grounded target.

Ah stun-locking is joyous (unless it's done to you) and how you get most of your points for the defence round. The victim of the stun-lock can desynchronise in all team modes, but not co-op (Alliance). The idea being that there's only 2 of you and their team mate or their pursuers should save/euthanize them.

The premise is thus; you can stun your pursuer (either with smoke, mute or just take them by surprise with a naked stun) but you can't immediately stun that same person as soon as they get up. Much like they can't get a contract on you when they first get back up. Your team-mate, however, can stun them immediately. So you take turns standing over your pursuer/s stunning them and being look-out. Have a video example of it in Alliance from SHENMUE36:

With regards to getting stuns, kill always over-rules stun if they're used at the same time. So you're only going to get a naked stun (one without mute or s/b) in if you take them by surprise. If you're sure they've locked on to you already, you really have to go with mute or smoke bomb or run the **** away until you do! If you're going to run and you have more than one pursuer though, you really need to have a vague idea who the others are. So often I know who 2 are and then run directly into the 3rd while trying to get my stuff to cooldown. For naked stuns though, corners are amazing. Some swear by corner + disguise. but I find just standing behind a corner with my camera watching the other side works really well. I also do this for offence. I bloody love corners I do. They don't even need to be big corners. I stood right up close to a tiny post in Castel Gandolfo while playing CC the other night and managed to capture the chest while a pursuer was right the other side waiting for me. I lol'd. I also sat on a little post capturing a chest in MSM the other day and watched my pursuers kill every NPC in the room (it was a 4v2 and all 4 were in that room so I didn't even bother getting stuns). I got the chest and leapt to freedom XD

Last edited: 5 May 2011
  5. Hex

Update on the PC version Patch v1.02 which should be available on the 4th April (auto-download via Steam/Ubi Launcher):

Link: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/9691085619

6. Hex

I just got my first ever hatemail during a match :D First ever game of Alliance and I got some nice homophobic comments assuming that I was male. Screenies on my Steam account if you're interested.

I truly feel I have arrived :rock:

7. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

have you got a link hex, this sounds funny :)

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Love the noob comment - if anyone is most definitely NOT a noob at this game it's you! I think some of the online community have serious issues with their own sexuality though.

9. Hex

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hexy/screenshots/ The latest 3.

Hehe thanks :) I didn't score very well in that game, but considering I was partnered with a random with no mic who didn't seem to want to stun-lock... it wasn't so bad. I just loved that the trash talk came from the guy with the lowest score! So he was on the winning team... no thanks to him though! As I recall the 'luckbox' comment came right after I killed him as he ran straight at me to try & kill his target who I just stunned... and was still standing by... and he got caught in the smokebomb I threw so I could get another stun in. Giving me a nice stun-kill-stun-knockout chain combo.

I've never wanted to make it known I was female so badly. The 'noob' message was because I replied saying that it was my first ever game of Alliance and seeing as he felt the need to send me crap I must be doing something right :hehe:

10. wyx087

lol, that's some random comments.

does group work yet? i'd love to be on your team and try out the stun lock trick. im scared of going into alliance myself because most PC gamers don't use mic, and i've never seen much teamwork in this game when playing team-based games.

11. Hex

Hehe I know!

Yes, I've had a few grouped games of Manhunt & Chest Capture with friends. I've added you on Steam now so we can see each other online and communicate. I actually got a message last night thanking me, as a team mate in Manhunt was surprised someone saved him from a chase by throwing smoke and stunning the pursuer :) We had the briefest of stun-locks going before I got roofed too...

12. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

AC: Brotherhood was £13.99 on play.com this morning, supposedly for one day / april fools, and the price has shot back up to 24.99 while i was debating the purchase.
    Gutted, i'll be getting it 2nd hand now.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Argh, I really can't be arsed to spend more than 20 quid for this game inc pp. I hope someone makes a big fuss about it if they see at that price or lower so I can actually buy it.

14. wyx087

played a game last night with a randomer on alliance, because i can't be asked to select a game type.

it was a complete slaughter, he runs off trying to kill targets, left me here stun one pursuer and get killed by the other. this repeats until i got fed up with the player (after many "stay together" voice communication attempts) and rage quit. end of first round, he had twice kill and death than me, but he only scored a tiny bit higher than me. clearly a simple minded FPS player.

i think im going to stay with Wanted/Manhunt for now. :(

15. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I inquired why the price changed and did not hold for the period of the sale (24hours) and i was looking to purchase at that price.

The reply i got was a simple, the sale has ended we cannot offer that price.

Didn't even attempt to answer my primary question!

This can be had for cheaper on ebay, looking at getting the xbox version.

16. Hex

Awww :( we need to join up for manhunt shenanigans. I had a few games with ownagelolz & then got EscoBlades in on it too. I'm sure we could've done better, but we still trashed the opposition most times. The randoms we had with us weren't always that helpful. One kept stealing ownage's poison kills and another stole my focus every damn time I went for it. If you see me use TV round a corner, then I lock on and climb up to the roof and just stand there... don't use TV and run at them!

17. wyx087

i won't steal kills :) i am very easy going. and only really good at messing with people's minds on evade round. currently not aggressive enough, often had opponents run away due to me taking too long milling about the crowd.

and very happy for my teammates to kill the person i've locked onto. im a Battlefield player, i spot and will be delighted to have my target gets taken out by teammates. these are team games.

18. Hex

Excellent we should work well together :) team games are the only ones where I'm not too bothered if I only get silent/discreet. I go for incog, but if not a kill is a kill. In Wanted I try & only get one of each for variety though. I have no problems with people killing someone I've locked onto (unless it's blatant I'm going for a focus! and it is always blatant!) I often will lock on just before a team mate gets a kill so we get the co-op bonus. Though I will say now I'm having issues with lock. So if you see me lock on and off the same person in rapid succession, they're an NPC and my lock is stuck. Keeps happening! It's like the button (I use a controller) is going lock, unlock, lock every time.

Also, good news everybody! Patch 1.02 has been released. Fire up the game and it should auto-patch :)

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Just scored this for £18 or so. Anyone want to add me it's mercury_on_fire. Am only on leven 5 or something, just playing randoms at the moment. Figuring out how to hide effectively etc. xD Pm me your details so I can friend you guys :)

20. wyx087

added you Greg :)

what's your steam? i found it easier to use steam IM rather than ingame messaging system to try to connect to eachother