1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2, SLI and other stuff

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 25 Mar 2011.

1. bestseany

bestseany What's a Dremel?

For me it was the bit where you walk through a car park type area, deja vu!

2. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Was hoping to find out whether or not my pc will run Crysis 2. I'm toying with buying for PS3 but i'd rather play it on PC. But if it's gonna look awful because i need the graphics turned down so much there's not much point.

My spec is

E6700 Clocked up to 3.4ghz IIRC
    6gb RAM
    7900GTX SLI

Just wondering if anyone has tried to run it on a similar spec and what the outcome was!

Thanks in advance!

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I just tried Crysis 2 in my old machine;

QX6700
    4Gb Ram
    Nvidia 8800 GTX x2 SLI

It runs in Extreme mode very well, in fact I was shocked because it runs better than on the machine in my sig! Ok, I am running on a smaller screen on my spare machine, but still performance is good.

I reckon you would be OK (albeit you would not be able to run DX11 if they ever release a patch).

4. Deders

Deders Modder

On the one hand I think the Xbox 360 uses a similar graphics chip, on the other I think the Unified shaders of the 8800 series and above will help.

I'm guessing it uses a lot of shader cores as the power consumption is higher than most games I've played. Around 380w from the wall instead of around 320w.

Theres not too much difference between the lowest and the highest settings, mostly subtle differences with shadows and the draw distance for detailed models and buildings.

It has been noted that Crysis 2 works best with Quad core CPU's

5. eddieuk1983

eddieuk1983 What's a Dremel?

Evening

Finished this game yesterday, highly enjoyable. I'm impressed with Cryengine 3 despite all the whinging from PC gamers on the internet. The fact that the masses on all platforms can now play a Crysis game and it look nearly as good as the original PC Crysis is a terrific achievment.

The AI was a bit dodgy in places but it was simple balls out FUN which is what I'm after. The MP needs sorting out though as for me I can barely get connected to a game.

Looks good, sounds good, plays good, probably smells good (didnt get the boxed copy).

Eddie

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

One hell of a grenade you just lobbed in there ;-)

7. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I bought Crysis 2 day one, and have been enjoying it. What does annoy me is the claim that it was developed for PC's then ported to consoles, which is clearly total bulls**t. DX9, "press start to begin", no 64-bit exe, no editor, no advanced graphics options. Make no mistake, this is a console game.

8. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

+1. IMO Crysis 2 doesn't touch Crysis or Warhead in appearance.

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

10. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

+2

Yes, it's nice.

But Crysis was awesome.