1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Game admits buying 3DS stock from Tesco

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 30 Mar 2011.

1. EvoDOOM

EvoDOOM What's a Dremel?

Seems like good business for both of the companys

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I guess they have not hit my tesco yet then because they still have around 30 of them on the shelve in those security cases.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I'm not bothered tbh. It's good business sense on Games part. The consumer doesn't miss out unless they choose to by not shopping around. Anyone with any sense shops around before spending their money. And any who don't deserve to pay what they pay.

4. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

I am astounding by the complacency being shown here by many and some even going so far as to condone such practices. This is really bad news for the consumer (the majority of us) as we lose out in the end and if you think this is all fine and dandy then, well you probably work for either Tesco or Game.

I do believe this kind of practice is not allowed by trading standards as it just boils down to price fixing, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if Tesco were in on the whole thing.

I wonder if Trading Standards have been notified?

This is what I love about the good people of this country and their attitudes... I'm alright Jack, f**k you.

What a sad state of affairs :(

5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

It's not price fixing as game does not have a monopoly on the 3DS, if you as a consumer do not wish to buy from game you have the choice to buy from wherever you wish. Hell my local Tesco still has stock of them.

6. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Exactly, if anything I would say that SazBard is the one whos attitude is showing what a sad state of affairs we are in, in that people can get all wound up by something so minor when nothing wrong/illegal has been done.

A 3DS is a luxury item, there is no monopoly as Game is acting as a consumer and buying the product from Tescos and then selling it on second hand, no-one is forcing anyone to pay the price Game is asking (just wait for the price to hit what you are willing to pay), if anything it would be great if Game had bought all these and no-one bought them at that price, egg on their face!

CrazyJoe likes this.
  7. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Nice summary, just a shame not all people see it this way...

Tags: Add Tags