1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl saying the tsunami in Japan is an answer to her prayers.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Krog_Mod, 14 Mar 2011.

1. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

It's mostly in the chin and cheekbones where you can tell the differences (in that picture) but if you look at nearly any other picture of Katy Perry, she looks much different. Ditto on the heroin chique look as well.

Nah, they're way more adorable. :D

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

While I don't specifically disagree with the particular level of D'aww present within that video, I must point out that the argument posited by the infant in the back, the one suggesting a single leg should be raised, does seem much more apt, credible, coherent and succinct than those outlined by certain peoples within this thread, and less specifically within this section as a whole. Both children even seem to utilize a certain degree of sentence structure, punctuation, and enunciation not yet attained by certain members of this forum in general. There is a certain elegance in raising one's leg, and it is an argument that I have weighed heavily in my mind, even taking into consideration the other infants arguments against. But I do believe I have been swayed by the learned infantile speaker, and I would ask everybody to join me in raising a leg in salute to such a powerful argument.

;)

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That is well-reasoned, and brooks little argument. I would like to draw your attention to the fact though, that the baby who eloquently raises his leg (and therefore makes a logically near-unassailable point) only wears one sock. The other baby may have struggled a bit in putting his points across as astutely and coherently, but he wears a full pair of socks. in the context of their debate I think that this is salient; without such firm grounding philosophical debate can easily descend into unfounded speculation. I would therefore argue that the other baby has it in terms of firmly underpinning the rational foundations of his argument. You have to have a full pair of socks to make any sense. So I would suggest that we reach a compromise or dialectical position and raise one leg, but do so wearing both socks.

I would agree though that their debate is of an erudite and intellectual standard rarely attained by us on these here forums.

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

[​IMG]

Seemed apropos

5. Nexxo

^^^

That's why I don't have family reunions. It always goes apeshit.

6. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

epic thread

7. sofalover

sofalover What's a Dremel?

Lot's of bigots on this thread, leave the poor girl alone.
    She can say whatever the hell she wants and if it offends you then GREAT, you are indeed a fragile **** who has the put the world to rights by following the delusions of the OP and voting her down. Herd mentality tard if you did.

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Nexxo... I'd like to address the issue you've made here. You, under no circumstances are a troll. You are the anti-trollcake of Bit-Tech. You shall henseforth be bound by the following rule.

- Nexxo, of Bit-Tech. You shall not use the trollface/coolface/coolguyface under any circumstances pertaining to use of intellegence over emotion.

- Nexxo of Bit-Tech. You will submit to a cavity search undertaken by Specofdust and any strange substances that are foreign to the body will used to create an omnipotent being that you alone will be forced to worship for all time.

- Nexxo of Bit-Tech. You will also be kidnapping Zoey Deschanel for me...

Failure to comply with any of the above rules means...

[​IMG]

This dog will die.

(Who the hell am I kidding... I couldn't hurt an animal. Hell, I'd hurt a human over an animal anyday... except spiders.)

9. Nexxo

She has a right to say whatever she wants, and people have a right to reply in whatever way they want. After all, she is the one making a public statement.

I'd keep her for myself, ta. Although my wife would probably insist I put her right back where I found her.

And I'm more of a cat person, really...

10. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

[​IMG]

:thumb:

11. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

you know how old she is now right? just sayin

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

You say old, I say experienced.

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

xD

I noticed one has more crap in it's diaper

14. Nexxo

Yeah, that one would be the creationist half of the argument. :p

/me runs...

15. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

You're asking for she who must not be posted to be posted...

16. Nexxo

I'm watching you all... :grr:

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Sir, I challenge you to a duel *slaps with glove*

The winner shall keep Zoey and do with her as he will. nomnomnom

Sure, about the same age as Nexxo. Right...

18. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Original story

That's just the summary, the full article explains their methodology.

<confirmation bias> This plays into my theory that what people fear most, moreso even than death, is their own irrelevance. People want to believe that their lives matter and religion says that they do. </confirmation bias>

19. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

I like to think that the feeling that religious people get from their faith is somewhat akin to the feeling I get from scientific understanding of the universe. Maybe the two aren't really that different. This video of the ever eloquent and wonderful Neil deGrasse Tyson sums it up for me:

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I .... I just realized my memory managed to erase that image ! I actually don't remember what she looks like ! I'M CURED !