1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Coolermaster Cosmos S Handle Bar help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by LatinSpirit, 4 Apr 2011.

1. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Hi all!

Last Xmas I bought a second-hand Cosmos S from the Marketplace, and the courier kindly dropped it in transit :wallbash:
    The plastic side panel trims on both sides were cracked and one of the top handles snapped off completely, near where they attach to the shell.

Pics - http://forums.bit-tech.net/album.php?albumid=1115

Since having no luck with getting replacements from Coolermaster, I am going to attempt to repair the damage. The plastic side trims shouldnt be too much trouble, probably will use some Araldite, then sand down and repaint them.

My question is regarding the top handle bar....does anybody know what metal they are made from and what would I need to fix it?

Thanks in advance

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I think the handle are made from cast aluminum, if they are, have a look at this stuff.
    http://www.durafix.co.uk/

PS. have you tried getting any compo out of the couriers?

3. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Thanks for the link mate, but having seen the prices, I dunno if it's worthwhile buying a £60+ kit just to fix 1 part :D

Only the sender can claim compensation, but I am in regular contact with the seller, and he has offered money towards repairing it.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

If you've got a braising torch you're good to go, I paid £13 for a load of rods.