1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 560Ti frozr disapointed to say the least

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 4 Apr 2011.

1. Deders

Deders Modder

I think he was expecting more of a jump in performance between his old card and new card.

Also worth noting that 3D06 is a DX9 benchmark, if a graphics card company already have enough performance in an old API then they are more likely to concentrate their efforts in improving the newer ones. Try some DX10/11 benchmarks/games.

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

How was i rude at all?! Overly sensitive much?

sleepygamer likes this.
  3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I havent asked why my score is a single number slower than heavily overclocked systems, OMG

Telling me to chill out and stop panicking when I was doing nothing of the sort, I find that a little rude.

I'm not gonna carry on this pissing contest, feel free to if you wish.

4. Deders

Deders Modder

He wasn't saying you were rude, but at the same time I can't see how any rude comments were directed at you (Dragonov)

At the same time although Phazed's comments do have a firm basis in reality, they could have been put across less harshly.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

finally see the light :thumb: pissing contest on these benchmark scores are worthless.

(i understood you, just liked to turn that around)

DragunovHUN likes this.
  6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

^Haha, have rep for breaking the tension

7. eUphoria

eUphoria What's a Dremel?

Other than the benchmarks - how quiet is this card? The more I look for a new piece of hardware, the more I realise how important quiet is IMO. Are you pleased with the noise aspect? Reviews suggest it's pretty good.

8. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

I have one of these and I can say it is very quiet and very cool. Currently idling at 27 degrees max's out around 55 degrees.

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

you can find stock scores on the orb though wu.. the problem is some don't even know about the orb for whatever reason and go by screenshots- they might as well use heaven.. it'll even tell you if someone is using a non approved driver/settings (like physx) to filter those scores

I noticed most people on the orb run stock and they even give a graph to show where you sit.. like here's the graph for people with a 955 and 560ti

[​IMG]

it's really the only bench out there that's popular enough to do this and make it relevant.. about them charging to use it is another issue entirely- used to be free, but everyone gotta make a buck

10. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yup its quiet, fans don't seem to spin up past 50%, max I have seen my temps go so far is about 49c playing gta 4.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yeah, i know about that histogram of similar systems. but i've never really looked out for it. since if we go by that histogram, my system is usually in the bar under most popular rank.

those scores are meaningless, see oneself in the part where most people lay, or slower, how does that help with actual gaming experience? as long as there is an improvement in gaming, then surely it's all good. (<-- point i think everyone was trying to make earlier)

12. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Thats the point I was trying to make all along.