1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Strike that. Just been told they can't ship these things to Greece. Why the F*** not??!!?! How on earth did some nanny state d*ckhead manage to stop people buying knives from the UK, to be shipped overseas?? Argh!! Can someone inform me as to what exact law is in place that stops me mail order a couple of kitchen knives?

More to the point (pun intended), if anyone feels that can do a fellow bit-techer a favour, to buy me these and send them over, pm me.

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Crap!

I pay $130 for 6 month's insurance on my car. At your rate, I would have to keep the car for years. :jawdrop:

john

3. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Mines £2448....

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

You know what, its on a crappy car as well, Punto 98 4door, 1.2 or 1.4ltr Sport injection.
    Thing is, its my first car, and its the cheapist i could find over 3 comparasent sites and calling a load up... before i was 21 it was £2600 :jawdrop: ...... should drop alot after a years of no claims tho.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

thats what you get for driving a Evo at 17 :p :D
    [kidding]

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Congrats on the Omega! The Seamaster is a really lovely looking watch, my bro wears one when he's not wearing his Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre (2100) :)

Oh damn, you been had :/ And I don't mean you've been ripped off and could have prevented it, I just mean you've been ripped off and unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it :( I thought for a second that you were going to say that you were driving something sporty (maybe not quite an Evo though) but come to think of it, the insurance for my 1.8 TDi Focus was £1800 when I was 17 as well :rolleyes:

It will drop once you get some no claims built up. My last renewal was £150 less than last year because I'm a year older and it's more than a year since my last (and first) accident.

7. Omoobhs

Omoobhs One giant fsb hole

[​IMG]

Shiny goodness arrived this morning.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2011
  8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

[jealous a bit]You must have a lot of games to be needing 2 x 240gb. Either that, or you're one of the insane few who decide to buy two of the most expensive ssd's and raid them.[jealous a bit]

9. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

This is what my little brother brought me for my birthday today:
    [​IMG]
    :thumb:

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

That's one mighty expensive game :D If it plays right for you, then enjoy and happy b-day. If not (bugs etc), then that's one poor boy a whopping £36 worse off (Seriously, who pays £36 for a PC game? LOL)

11. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Its only £15 in my local game, I want it for the nice box but I already own crysis and warhead

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Argh £15?!?! Can't believe amazon. They usually have very good prices, but it seems that with any pc game that is very popular, they just say 'f*** it' and just rape all the losers that only shop amazon and don't bother to look elsewhere. COD black ops STILL selling for £25 on amazon.

13. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

Some Denon AH-D510
    [​IMG]

And a Samsung Omnia 7
    [​IMG]

14. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

That's why I don't buy anything without at least a look at www.find-game.co.uk and use the Invisible Hand plugin for firefox/chrome :)

15. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

The one I bought last week. It's currently £18 + £2 shipping, but I got it for £15 overall. Haven't finished Crysis yet. >.> DiRT 2 keeps distracting me.

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

DOH. LOL. Can't believe I didn't notice the fact that the Crysis logo was MISSING the 2 bit. :hehe: I thought you had scored crysis 2 max edition for dirt cheap. Oh well. The anger/excitement has subsided. :waah:

17. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

Well it's £9.99 in our local game so it's a bargain getting both games! And the case is sweet too! Haven't got topkay it yet but trust me I will tonight!

18. Unicorn

I'm gonna be all sensible and admit that I bought and RAID arrayed my two OCZ 120 GB SSDs for programs and OS performance, although I do have Steam and so e games installed on that machine as well ;) 2x 240 is tasty though :thumb:

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I still couldn't justify nullifying a second ssd just for MOAR performance. I mean doesn't it get enough at a certain point? Although I suppose if you've got money to burn, then 240gb and raid'ed performance of ssd just for your os and programs..meh. I'll go away now :waah:

I was trying to make a point that why not just have one ssd for OS and basic programs, and a second ssd as your games ssd. Then I realised, who actually has 240gb worth of main programs and games, and if you DID have that many games surely you'd just uninstall the ones you were no longer playing. I tried, I failed.

20. Unicorn

Well I have to say I left a bit out of that, I meant to say 'for increased programs and OS performance and storage' because I have several very large software suites installed. Adobe CS5 master collection, Adobe Premier Pro CS5, AutoCad 2010, Solidworks... I could go on :p

Oh and I don't have money to burn, believe me. Nowhere near it - I got those at cost :thumb: