1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Sors salutis -by AnG3L(15 April 2011 - Video is UP)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 10 Dec 2010.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Bro, looking amazing :D :thumb:. Really makes me want to bust out my Dremel and mod, 1 more assignment and I have some free time :D.

2. matt...

matt... Slacker

awesome and totally mad, never seen anything like it - was it designed to fly in space?

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro, now go and get that dremel before it rusts and start modding everything!!!! :rock:

Madness lies beneath the universal secrets of modding. Yes it flies!!! :lol:

Waynio and Razer2007 like this.
  4. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

One step closer o the edge, and I'm about to break! ~ Linkin Park

Duuude, that thing is soooooo weird! But awesome!

I will be waiting.

5. cchr

cchr Minimodder

awesome as always alex!
    i hope i can have some free time and get down there and see this beauty in person this weekend.

6. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

When I first was watching this build, I was like this is arcylic work is pretty awesome, what the heck are you building though?!! I was left scratching my head! Now that I getting some glimpses into the final product, I really am Amazed!! I think you create pieces of Art with your builds, something that really could sit in an Art Museum on exhibt. The use of curves and colors with straight edges, gives your cases very distinctive inspiring feel. Also, not being shown the final Sketchup'd product up-front and leading us through the build is the way to go. Great Job and the final pics are going to be great.

7. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Damn, why don't any mobo producers make mobos with white PCB and red connectors anymore? Would have fit this mod like a glove!

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I definitely like it Alex but anyone can get parts cnc'd :p no offense intended at all so if anyone is thinking I'm hating think again & I know it was just the basic couple of begining panels & from there it was all about great modding, I like Alex & his mods a lot & have done since I first seen ToTecHniKa & then looked at project AnG3L :) & you are a great artist & an even better artist as your a modder too that has had a go at all forms :D or are the usual one way styles you mention of the plain normal case mod styles I'll go & assume thats what you mean :D:thumb: otherwise me & virtually every other modder should feel vaguely embarrassed, vaguely for being so boring in comparison :lol::hehe::D.

Overall though this really looks great buddy, unique & very good form with plenty of fitting decoration so where ever I look I see cool details, nice & it's a proper PC at the same time so awesome job mate, really looks awesome all together :rock::thumb:.

My approach to modding is going to be a really long long process of learning new tricks especially if you had none to start with like I did :lol: & the best way to learn is to just do it either with practice bits or with each new case & combine all the good stuff you learnt & ditch all the bad stuff tried, treating it like a long walk rather than a sprint so fabrication is currently my thing to get good at (the basics of leaving retail factory cases behind) but raise the challenge a bit higher with each new case else progress stagnates :) so I'll probably be 40 before I do something that makes people eyes fall out :hehe: I'd like to get good with paints & finishing at some point but not yet (too much to learn in to short a time :D) anyway this mod rocks & especially since you barely took a break since your last case :clap::hip::thumb:.
    +rep & sorry for getting wrapped up in the moment & having a ramble but this mod is fantastic :lol: so original & fresh looking :thumb:.

9. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thats exactly the song I was thinking when I was writing the update title! Thanks bro!! :D

Thanks Chris I will be waiting for you to come!! Bring beers!! :rock:

Thank you my friend your comment really honored me I am glad that you appreciate my work and efforts! I also would like to thank you for your presence in my worklogs and your support!! :thumb:

They should even if I wouldnt have the money to buy one!!!! lolz :lol:

LoL your comment confused me buddy I dunno what to say! I was talking about the different painting not the cnc parts. I think that I covered so many different techniques and ways to mod, like pyrography, sculpting, painting techniques (more than 20) engraving, dremel work, I worked with wood, aluminum, steel, acrylic, stainless steel, fiberglass etc. Having some parts cut on the cnc for sure doesnt show my dremel skills but some things cant be done with a dremel. And I really enjoy other people mods regular or not and I support them behind the scenes as much as I can and I think what each modder does is unique and not boring. I just try and tried to cover all the aspects of modding through my mods, from case modding through industrial style scratch builds with what I have available. Thanks for your support bro, now I have to go and plan my next mod lolz :p

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

D'oh I should refrain from lengthy comments lols I don't come across so clear & instead muddled :hehe::duh:.

Here is the short & sweet version :D.

Awesome uniquely formed fresh looking new case Alex :D:rock::thumb:.

11. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

LoLz thanks bro I wasnt offended by your comment, I was just confused with your comment lolz!!! Peace! :) :)

12. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

oh oh oh oh mmmm do we have somethin in common? -> * <-

13. 0rbibital

0rbibital What's a Dremel? Stop asking that!!

Love it :) I just think some of the red spots look likea bit finger painting:sigh: no offense.

14. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Rock Unites Us!! :rock:

Thanks bro. Yeah you are right many parts on this mod look like this but this is what is meant to look like.
    For all the people that they might not understand the concept of my painting techniques this is called abstract art. I used methods from this particular art style to create my techniques.
    Here is a small picture to get the idea.

[​IMG]

DeadP1xels likes this.
  15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Im not sure how to explain how cool this looks so i will repeat what i said when i first saw the pictures from top to bottom on update 26 to exact

"Thats pretty cool paint technique i might try that myself"
    "Oh together its looking cooler"
    "Oh i like the way you look through there better than just an open window"
    "Holy **** thats sick were did that bottom piece come from!?"
    *last 3 pictures*
    "SICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK"

Im not going to lie to you Alex i was'nt sure this was going to be as good as the last but it was difficult to live up to Future Shlock being a personal favourite mod of all time for me.

But seeing those pictures has made me change my mind massively just the way its sat is the sickest thing i have ever seen on the project logs for a while man..... you totally shocked me i must have no been paying attention somewhere because i never expected it would shape up like that!

Beautiful work!

16. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

This came out much wilder than I expected. -Truly awesome.:D
    It's scary how much you and I seem to think alike. :lol: You don't have plans to do a welded frame with cast brass next, do you?:worried:

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

A man can only take so much art Alex. I'm heading for a heart attack! Do you mind if I call your work Gothic? Because that's how I see it and I absolutely love it! All I can say you've done is captured our imaginations and inspired us Alex. For that, you deserve many thanks!

18. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Alex, I've decided that you must have a sick mind indeed. I don't see how anyone who is sane can manage to come up with such incredible, creative ideas. This is really turning out to be something else. I'm looking forward to the final shots.

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

You know how much I love your comments do you? :)
    I was worried that thinking outside the box wouldnt be approved. But I am glad that there are people
    out there like you that understand and appreciate the different. I would like to thank you my friend from the bottom of my heart for all these wonderful comments and support!!!! You ROCK!!! :rock:

And I was wondering where is Cheaps! Glad that we think alike. I was planning for a welded frame with cast brass for my next mod, can you give me a hand? :dremel:
    :) Nice to hear from you buddy thanks for your comment, next mod will be something not expected though.... :p

I am honored to be called Gothic artist!! And thanks for the smile you draw on my face buddy, many thanks back at you too!!!! :D :thumb:

If I got approved by you buddy then now I feel like "phewwww and I was so worried about the outcome!" Thanks Gary my friend, hopefully will work together one day and create something out of wood for me to learn and steal your skills lolz :) :) :)

20. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

AnG3L a very interesting build. You have pulled those different painting forms into an art-work, impressive. A fresh design very well done :thumb:

Tags: