1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 CPC server revamped

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 18 Dec 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Anyone want to buy a SAIGA shotgun? I know a French clan that are selling them wholesale :blah:

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lol what? is that clan happen to be FFI?

deathbringer67, what is your exact BFBC2 name? it'd help if i get it right the first time :)

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Had fun tonight, especially winding up fluidic, he takes himself (and the game) just a little toooo seriously to be healthy, not to mention his childish abuse of those he deems to be "inferior" to him. :eyebrow:

It was even funnier when his tantrum caused him to play even worse...:D

4. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Your deathbringer on the server as well aren't you? I can remember getting stabbed in the back many times by you.

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Deathbringer67 ;)

6. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Good games tonight guys! Thanks

7. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

True; but didn't stop him killing me virtually every time we met :-\ got him twice I think, which was good enough for me :p

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Ha ha, I was playing with him the other night, and some level 50 kept killing him and then taunting him on chat, brilliant comedy.

9. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

He's levelled up pretty quickly. I reckon by next week he'll be a 50 rank.

10. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

He tears me a new a**hole on a regular basis - he is usually my nemesis - and I cannot even begin to imagine that I am in the same league as him. If I am lucky I will kill him once for every 5 times he kills me.

However, it did give me a little bit of satisfaction winding him up and causing him to forget about the match on the last map I played, he was so interested in finding me for "retribution" that he forgot the task at hand, let his team down and they lost. It is unusual that the team he plays in loses.

11. deathbringer67

deathbringer67 What's a Dremel?

BFBC2 id : deathbringer67 , im not to good at knifing more luck than anything, i do laff like a little girl when i get a knife kill tho.

12. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I've gotten more knife kills against Fluidic than he has of me:rock:
    :worried: Then again... he keeps using that damn repair tool..... :sigh:

Reckon I'll give a go at flying with him tonight.
    Nealie, reckon I should pilot for him? ;)

Won't be able to play any games this weekend... gotta travel to Holland for work on Friday morning :wallbash:

13. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

That was really annoying last night..... if you cant beat em... join em... so I did

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

To be honest, a lot of people on there are so good that its kinda putting me off playing on the bit tech server.

15. wyx087

luckly, BFBC2 is a team game, so even if Fluidic/Sarky/Pigeon are very good, they may still loose because their team isn't as good. so please don't be put off by them.

16. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

No matter what game and what server you play on, there will always be amazingly good players out there. There is a reason for that...if you look at an amazing player's profile on a game tracking site, you will probably see that they don't actually have a life outside of the game - 5 or 6 hours per day playing is common.

For us normal folks with jobs, family's, hobbies and lives there is no way we can compete against that sort of practise. These people simply know every map inside out as well as every glitch or "bug" in the game that they can exploit - e.g. hitbox "weirdness" in BC2.

I am okay with that, it is their choice and to see them operate is sometimes fun and educational. I used to spectate really good players in games like CoD:UO just to learn (shame you can't do that in BC2).

It only annoys me when they start abusing other gamers on the server for not being as "leet" as them or generally being arseholes during the game - it's not worth it and no fun when that starts happening so I usually just leave the server.

Baiting them or winding them up like I did with fluidic last night usually only makes them worse as their ego can't cope with anyone making fun of them - I just couldn't help myself last night and in retrospect I probably shouldn't have done it. I actually expect you admins to be the ones to police abusive behaviour - if you don't want it on the server of course.

I've been playing online multiplayer games since Quake days (NT4, Voodoo2, QuakeGL and bonded ISDN - woot!) and to be honest, the most fun comes from the interaction with other real people in the game.

17. wyx087

i didn't see any problem with the exchange you and fluidic had on the server, thought it was pretty funny actually.

although please don't try to circulate the word filters, it's all fun while the offensive words are blanked, it stops being fun when it becomes offensive and one of the party gets upset.

as you said, most fun is to interact with others. so feel free to interact in a friendly manner. no one likes rules, admins are not there to stop people have fun, so i personally won't stop people winding other people up, but i will step in when one of the party gets upset and calls out to moderators.

18. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Haven't got his tags yet, but have collected bettyblue1986, DaftLordDeadBolt, Murraynt & .:WyX:. :p Looks like I'll be on tonight to donate a few of my tags to everyone.

@Fingers66 - I concur. Although I don't mind playing against superior players, as long as I'm not continually killed 2secs after I spawn. It actually makes me feel a little better when I'm killed by a lvl 50 not a fellow n00b :D

I'm still a little shy on the mumble server though; is it the norm for everyone to sit in the lobby instead of joining a channel per team? I had a few; "kill that guy who just jumped out of the tank!" moments when I was said person who just jumped out of the tank :rolleyes:

19. wyx087

we could jump into the right team, but it would be a lot of effort and everyone have to be willing to alt-tab out to change teams when new round starts. (due to randomise)

IMHO it's just a lot of effort and can't taunt your victim...... which is where the most fun to be had. we can certainly try this, if you bring it up and start by jumping in one of the team, then people will follow.

20. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Pitty the BF:BC2 mumble plugin doesn't sort teamspeak into separate channels with push to talk buttons for squad, team and all :lol:

I'll just go with the flow then thanks :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.