1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thinking of a tattoo? Do you like them?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 15 Jan 2011.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Maybe I should get @God can't juge me because I'm an atheist" :D
    Anyway, I'm in the process of growing my hair, I'm buying snake rings tomorrow, not piercings, and when I'm old enough to get a tattoo, I'm getting "nevermore" written on my leg in chinese. And snakes down my right arm.

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Still looking around on this

Think i have reconsidered the positioning to upper bicep and ontop chest slightly if i went with something like a traditional dragon

still slightly visible wearing a shirt but mostly covered just to help with work and family.... besides tattoos are for me if anyone is truely intrested they will ask but mainly it would be mind ****s talking out there ass about crap if they saw it in clear sight

Will cost me a little more i think now i have decided to move it up a bit as its a bigger area i plan to cover

3. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

[​IMG]

Not real but a quick photoshop of one I have been thinking about for a while.

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Nothing wrong with tats, scarring your body argument is nonsense, it can just as easily been seen as decorating your body and cultures from all around the world pursue that in different ways.

The onyl real concern is that it will limit some jobs - i know it shouldn't, and it's illegal to discriminate yardy yarda, but it will. It's a small point, but worth considering.

I've sat on alot of interview panels in my time and am often disgusted at what's said about clients after each interview, particually by senior peoples present (charity cheif exec's etc). Apperance makes a big difference in your assessment of somebodies suitability for a job role, and like it or not, tatts are off-putting to a large part of the population.

5. DeadP1xels

Thats what im thinking however much i say its discimination there are plenty of legitimate reasons they could use to backup saying no

Esepecially this early in life, i think the top of my arm is the best place for all situations

6. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Tragically employers are a pain in the backside with tattoo's. I wear long-sleeve shirts because my arms are tattoo'd, however I ran it past my boss and he's fine with me having them showing... Plenty of people have them out round here.

Interviews it's generally good to cover them up, so never have them on your neck, face, head or hands.

Usually it's the "It doesn't look professional", of which I've yet to have any management or staff here say my tattoo's look unprofessional. I think it de-business's things in front of customers and can put them at ease if someone is willing to have these worn.

You'll catch the bug though buddy... prepare for sleeve, chest and back tattoo's by the time you're 30 ;) I intend fully on it.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

It's a DevilDriver Logo
    :rock:

8. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Lol I would do that if it didn't cost so damn much, my half sleeve costing about 700 and i dont have a big arm.
    Probably will get full sleeve done sometime and couple tats on other arm

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Benefits of mates rates buddy.

My Right arm isn't complete yet but the out-line for bio-mechanical has been done, my left arm is covered in tiny Cunieform/Germanic/Latin and English scripts and I have my left chest done like an armour plate with an Aquillia on it with biomech connecting my back check and right arm together :D

10. DeadP1xels

Ha i hear that alot my uncle said "All i wanted was an eagle 10 years later i have about 22 other tattoos on my body

I plan to do back one day not sure where else i will be taken though :D probebly most places you can't see (to an extent... not full body suit or nothing lol) then forearms later on it life when employment is not a big issue

Like full back piece really cool, the back is probebly the biggest area so i don't want no shitty mini cross at the top or something :D probebly would end up costing £2k but i reckon it would be worth it

11. KidMod-Southpaw

Well, I'm having good success growing my hair and I'm still prepared for a tattoo, just had my ears done on Saturday too.

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Brawl any pics?
    Sounds like a pretty serious thing you got going there

13. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

tattoos are stupid. you're stupid. stop it.

14. KidMod-Southpaw

That's your opinion mate, sure, some are quite tacky but if you choose right, they really say something about who you are.

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Yup, it's the tattoo bug, all needles are designed to hold it secretly and once you've got one... thats it.

Do your forearms anyway, just wear your sleeves down... if it's warm (it will be) just ask your employer. I just approached my manager and went "Yeah, see it's warm... I actually have a tattoo (had one at the time) do you mind if I have my sleeves up?" They didn't mind because I'm not directly customer facing.

I haven't... it's tragic. I'm not taking any pictures till at least my arms are done, the words especially I want that stuff to be completed otherwise it just looks like someones gone Chinese Tetris on my arm!

Be silent you whelp or I will send you to the basillica of Nexxo and he will place his big golden Dutch nuts in your mouth over and over for six years.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Something makes me wanna google the troll picture now... but I honestly CBA.

As for the bug... It's there... I am waiting for the weather to get a bit better in the next few weeks, before it gets to cold so I can get touchups done on my stomach... that should keep the bug quiet for a bit while I find funds for more ink...:D

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Obvious man is obvious. Give him award.

18. KidMod-Southpaw

Captain obvious, traveling at the speed of stupid.
    [​IMG]

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Yeah nice for de-railing a perfectly good topic... One I'm intrested in you gits :p

-------------------

All in favour of banning tribal based tattoo's?

20. KidMod-Southpaw

Yes, they're quite tacky, I certainly don't like them.