1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair SP2500 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 11 Apr 2011.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Quick googling shows the V1's are available from £130, and you can easily get a stereo amplifier for £70. Nobody should seriously give a damn about the wattage so I'm not even going to go there. So yes, it is a feasible choice, and exactly that - a choice.

I haven't owned the Tannoys, but I do have a pair of similar (though more expensive) book shelf speakers and a proper subwoofer and I wouldn't want to have those on my desk. I much prefer to have the "proper" speakers with their two huge amplifiers on the TV-desk and the small and cute near field Corsairs on the desk. They also have the headphone jack and volume control on the remote, which I've found very practical. I'm all in for sound quality, but really with computer speakers bigger just isn't always better and you shouldn't just skip the practicality aspect...

ANNNNND no matter what speakers you choose, place them wrong and you ruin them.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Not to mention the source of audio ;)

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

...and the acoustics of your generic flat.

4. batfink

batfink What's a Dremel?

Quite why you'd pay £200 for a passive amp and speakers when there are PLENTY of active monitors available for that price or less, I don't know.

Just go look at Studiospares' website. Reasonable looking active monitors for £140.

Anyway, that's if you even have room for two big speakers on your desk. 2.1 sets may be a compromise, but at least the small satellites leave room for a monitor between them.

5. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

9/10 for design ?!! To me it looks like some bog standard, generic, mid 90's speakers.

6. hurrakan

hurrakan What's a Dremel?

II the current magazine issue of Custom PC, they have reviewed about ten 2.1 speaker systems this month (NOT including the Aego Ms).

They gave the Corsair SP2500s by far the highest rating (87%).

7. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

Design is not just about looks my shallow friend. :D

8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Certainly a glowing review, £200 is pretty expensive for a 2.1 system.

I don't personally think they look that good based on the pics.

9. Kamikaze-X

Kamikaze-X Minimodder

i have a set of Creative I-Trigues (the high end ones) that set me back ~£50 in a sale.

i have never heard such beatuiful crisp sound, and the bass is fantastic- shakes the walls of my room without ever muddying up.

without actually being able to compare a set of speakers next to each other, you really can't make a massive decision like dropping £200 on them. maybe Corsair should do a similar scheme as Viewsonic are doing with their tablets?

1 month for a full return and refund if you aren't happy with them...

thats if they have the balls to do that ;)

10. Jo3y

Jo3y What's a Dremel?

I love it how people chime in just to bag the review's design score, seriously? It's not like they differ that much to any other PC or studio speakers of similar size which mostly consist of small rectangular boxes. Speaker aesthetics.. Really?

There also aren't any 'audiophile' grade setups that can produce some good bass + sound clarity(objective) in the $200 range, $100 extra is NOT the same price bracket. Stop comparing. They aren't even aimed at audiophiles & you guys should know better.

I don't own these btw, just wanted to read the review before considering them and checked the comments for feedback, didn't expect a bunch of people complaining about speaker aesthetics lol.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tags: Add Tags