1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 14 Feb 2011.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

:rolleyes:

Getting to level 50 in mp takes about 24hrs playtime. It's not really a slog. It's so bloody awesome it's worth it too. Also the most useful ability there is you get almost at the very start: smokebombs. TV & the gun are rubbish abilities. Only really useful on the offence of team games.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2011
  2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Bah I did about four templar missions, got bored, same with the other side missions. I failed to do 1 lair of rom challenge as it wasn't on the main section of the map. Dunno how I missed out on it but hey.

Bah, I'm just crap at mp that's all.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

@Volund, Templar lair = Romulus missions isn't it? or have i missed something.

smoke bombs are great! love them.

just met someone on Manhunt who understands the game. both of us were stunning the poor pursuer in turns until 2 of their teammate came to the rescue. (yes 2, i stun the first teammate rescuer, got killed by the 2nd)

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Na I thought he was talking about the side missions where u go about killing the characters that you see in the multiplayer section of the game. As for the rom missions, I missed 1. Did all the other ones for nothing it seems as I didn't get into the lair lol. What bugs me is that you earn all this cash, to upgrade houses, buy monuments etc, and then what? lol. No perks for on line, not something you can take with you into the next instalment, nothing. Oh well.

5. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Nope, there are 2 Templar lairs, which you get with the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, separate from the 6 Lairs of Romulus

@Greg, those are the Templar Agent missions, also separate :D

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

@Greg: If you can't enter the room with the Romulus kit, then you didn't do all Romulus missions. And i guess the one you didn't do is the one where you have problems entering the entrance unless you repair the aquaduct :).

7. wyx087

well, brotherhood is the last game in that era, so won't be taking anything forward. but i was disappointed when i can't use AC2 saved games, and lack of 2 hidden blade is really annoying.

buying monuments i guess is just a way of spending all the money you collected.

you have to repair waterway until the entrance to the Romulus mission can be accessed.

just remember what Volund left out: Glyph on buildings for subject 16 puzzles.

8. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

You can buy the 2nd hidden blade from Leonardo along with the glove that lets you do climb leaps and an upgrade for the poison blade to shoot darts :thumb:

Ah yeah, Forgot about those lol :p Only done 2 of them so far.

9. wyx087

but you only get to meet with Leonardo half way through, it's the early games that was boring. late game, just call in your assassin's, they'll take care of everything, 2 of them can flatten an entire army. call in all 3 sets of them in a stagnated way and you are practically unstoppable. (so they always have smoke bombs)

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I've been getting so pissed off lately. I'm on level 23 or something, and lately there always seems to be SOMEONE with poisons ability. It's not so much they they get the kill and you think you're clear, it's also that they get a massive amount of point?! I can't quite see where that decision came from but anyway. Have been getting better at trying not to look like an NPC, but still. I am still as crap as ever at maps where you have to run around on rooftops to get to your target, i.e mt st mich, etc etc. Other than that, enjoying the multiplayer. Got myself a few 1st ranked today in a few games, was doing quite well. Oh well.

Maybe we could post some links of effective use of stun, smoke and the various ways this game is played? I was watching some guy on youtube and he was running non stop throughout the map and getting plenty of kills etc. Seems whenever I run like mad everywhere, I just get locked on to and die relatively fast :(

Last edited: 23 Apr 2011
  11. Hex

It wasn't Captain Awesome (SHENMUE36) was it? :lol:

Yeah sure, I'll see if I can put something together, people can add to it :)

As for poison, it's a fantastic ability once you get it, but the reason the points are so high (300 for slow poison) is because you have to get insanely close to be able to poison someone, often it just doesn't work (and often it says it hasn't, so you kill them, then it says it had, I recently started stealing my own poisons all the time. Not impressed!) but also the slow acting one takes 6 seconds. Plenty of time for someone to intercept. Then you only get 50pts. Which makes you rage! That's why when people realise they've been poisoned they often run around. I try & get on a lift or into a haybale just because you get ejected and it's quite funny.

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Nope, been watching some of PSNxtGeneration's videos :)

13. wyx087

Best to use if you are going for stun are mute and smoke. Mute have larger radius, but have to be a lag free game, otherwise they'd get you before you press it.

In a manhunt game, found someone using similar abilities and we managed to stun lock two poor pursuers a fair amount of times before gotten killed by their teammate.

14. Hex

Yeah these were always my staple defence set, they still are on PC but on 360 I've swapped Mute for Charge because the lag affects it really badly these days and it just failed one too many times :(

Just played some games with more ac:b forum people. It was fun, but having to use a broken controller really sucks! I hope MS will replace my new wired one. It works fine except the comms port. So if I want to use a headset I have to use the controller held together with gaffa tape and malfunctioning analogue sticks :/

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Um silly question, what exactly does blending into a group do when someone's after you? I mean if you're the only 'pariah' say in a blend group, surely you may as well just be out in the open? Or does being in a blend group mean that the persuers radar is somehow reduced?? Just wanted to clarity on that one. :/

16. wyx087

Use blender perk, it turns an NPC into your same persona, best perk in most situations. (seen people with this perk trying to silently come after me, walking into a few NPC groups on their way, pretty obvious they are not NPC)

If you are engaged in chase mode, blend into a crowd will make escape timer drop expire really quickly.

Also, blend will make pursuer loose lock.

Other than that, best to move to somewhere else.

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Ah, the loose lock was what I needed to read.

18. Hex

Yep, only time I don't use it is in Assassinate for the same reason. Makes you really obvious!

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Whats the difference between a ranked and a player matched game?

20. Hex

Well, every Sunday just after midnight-ish GMT your top 3 ranked scores are added to your Templar Score. It's been broken for the past 2 weeks, but should work again this week. Ranked games will generally put you in with other people of your Templar Grade. You can't invite friends to Ranked games, however, you can create a group. On PC only people with PunkBuster enabled can play Ranked.

Player matches will sort of match you with similar levels, but not as well as Ranked does with grade. You can invite friends into your Player matches and they can join from the 'Join Friends' menu. Player scores count towards your clan stats.

Generally people see it as Ranked games being serious games to work your way up the Templar Grade pyramid and Player matches are for fun and/or clans.