1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Apr 2011.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's not like Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas were all multiplatform and even Morrowind was on the Xbox as well as PC. :rolleyes:

Unless those are all "console ports" in which case why look into a Bethesda game at all?

2. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

It's a brand new engine! At least that's what Todd Howard said(there's extensive info about skyrim on gameinformer). And it's got fully dynamic lighting for everything, yay! :D But I hope they'll make a decent sound engine as well, Oblivion and F3 sounds a bit "flat"...

Also given it's complexity(graphics, AI, sounds, physics and others) it actually might be possible to utilize more than 4 cores.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Looks like DX11 with all that tessellation.

4. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

So I'm assuming you saw this preview at the Bethesda BFG press event? Are you going to cover the other games that were there: Rage, Brink, Hunted, Prey 2 :) ?

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Aww yeah sounds good.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

It's not often I read every word on an article :D but this being a game of mega high interest I enjoyed it all & really can't wait to get stuck into this potentially perfect game, haha the amount of hours I've spent playing elder scrolls games :D everything that was mentioned in the preview sounds freaking excellent :thumb:.

It is a shame next gen consoles are definitely going to hold beautiful graphics back & many other games back with needing to keep it simple compared to what it should have been but hopefully they'll give pc gamers something awesome to really get excited about, really looking forward to this :D.

Off topic but something I'd love to see realised in a game.
    I'm loving what bf3 is bringing with it's real character animation taken from sports games, games are shaping up to be near perfect but the elements seem to be coming from different devs, picture the crazy awesome la noir facial animation with body animation from bf3 crossed with a game as epic as this & it would be an absolute exciting classic, game devs need to combine all these elements into one to bring the ultimate game I really look forward to the day this happens :).

7. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Hopefully the voice acting will be better than the likes of Oblivion. Fallout 3 at least had big names on board for some of the characters.

8. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

So, dear Alec,

When the game launches, i'll read the review on bit-tech, then i will find this preview, and if the review is anything similar in tone, then you've just sold a game! :)
    so far, skyrim looks awesome. :)

9. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Oh bum, where am I going to get the money to upgrade my PC from before November? Anyone need a new kidney? Barely used! Or how about a testicle? Left or right, your choice...
    Somehow I need a rig capable of doing this justice by then.

10. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Oblivion had Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean and while they did their jobs it really contributed very little to the game. Most people don't even remember that Patrick Stewart voiced the king, or that Sean Bean voiced Martin; they just remember how ****ing terrible the voice-acting was for every other character in the game and how it was seemingly done by about 4-6 people. The same 4-6 people who voiced every minor character in Fallout 3. :p

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Same with mass effect, it seems a trend now for big titles to have a few big names scattered through them. I think Oblivions biggest problem was one voice actor per race for general characters too. Times have changed tho so I would almost expect a few celebs, tho just remembering Patrick Stewart voiced the King and Sean Bean his son Martin. Would love to see Brian Blessed in this!

12. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

this reminds me of the failure of project offset... I was socurious about that game...

but, as for skyrim it is good that bethesda is investing in its own games and not destroying other people creations like they did with fallout 3.

Looks like a great game

13. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

Heh, indeed the preview sounded almost like a Bethesda marketing release, but I guess if the game is really good and it can make the journalists excited then that's just natural. Hoping the game will live up to the immense expectation levels.

14. Paul2011

Paul2011 Minimodder

^ lol ^ phuzz

Looks great, i just hope its not a bug infested dissapointment like oblivion turned out to be.

Also wonder how easy it will be to create mods for

Overall though i am looking forward to it

15. coolingsys

coolingsys What's a Dremel?

it is going on my nerve

16. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

UIs in Bethesday have never been a problem for me...with the Darnified UI mods.
    And a lot of improvement mods.

But yeah, I'm excited, started playing Oblivion to get ready for this, I'm a huge Morrowind player.

17. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

I loved Oblivion, still do.
    This looks like its going to be Epic.

Its Demo'd on a console, so NO DX11 in those screenies.
    The road could do with some Tesselation, but it will (hopefully) look spanking on a PC.

18. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

OMGRPG's are boring.

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nah, COD & COD clones are boring :D but BF3 is looking incredible, also a good RPG has many many many hours of enjoyment in them & usually have plenty of depth compared to many other types of games so usually worth every penny, as long as it aint WOW & drains off your life & bonus bad point of subscription then it's a good RPG :D.

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Is this a console gamer trying to troll?

Tags: Add Tags