1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Phobya Case Design Competition - Final Voting Round

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Apr 2011.

?

Which is the best water-cooled case design?

Poll closed 2 May 2011.
  1. Proteus by mick64

88 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Phobya Gladio by Razer2007

29 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. II by Roboduck

29 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Black Owl by SnowyOwl

93 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

I'd buy a Gladio. IF Phobya sticks to the original design parameters. If not, then none of them.

2. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Looks like its a bit of a one horse race. Can't say I'm surprised though, SnowyOwl came in with a excellent design :thumb:. All the designs are great and deserve to be brought to life in one way or another. I know Ill be building my design as soon as I find the $ and the time. Good luck to all the other contestants! Its been fun!
    :clap:

3. SnowyOwl

SnowyOwl What's a Dremel?

Maybe i will end up first..but...they did keep a backdoor :

So anything can happen until the real Winner is known

Good luck to everyone :thumb:

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Micks Case should be the one with the best Cooling, Owls Case is the best looking, just my 2 cents.

As the whole purpose of the Contest in my opinion is to finally get a Case to the Market that can fit a decent WC Setup without any Modding I can't vote for any other Case than Micks.

5. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I have no idea which is better performance wise, but Black Owl is damn sexy.

Good luck to everyone though.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

mick64's case looks great but too much like ones already available, flipping awesome renders though :).

Razer's case looks very well laid out & very straight forward to manufacture but I really don't like slimline drives (too slow) if this ever gets produced for sale it needs an option for full size optical.

Roboduck's case looks really really well laid out & very nice, if I was in the market for an awesomely laid out awesome looking case I'd buy this one, I still feel split about this & Razers case :confused:.

SnowyOwl's case looks like the basic form is based on a G5, does look very nice though but with a normalish layout like other cases, also looks like you need to be a master cable management type to make it look extra good like the renders, sweet case but I think it would need custom sata data cables, not sure just going off the renders.

Man I'm really split between Razer's & Roboduck's, very split, if razer included option for a normal optical I wouldn't have such a tough choice to make, I'll have to step away & think about it :lol:.

Voted Razer but I suggest if this one makes it to add an option for normal optical drive :).

Last edited: 19 Apr 2011
  7. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Actually we have binned that idea due to the drop out - the community vote will be final and voting will be left open for 2 weeks to keep it fair.

For the community by the community. :clap:

8. N!ck

N!ck ModMag.Net

Black Owl Cheesecake!!!1111 ;)

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

If I build a case that's alot bigger then the TJ07, then it's not an improvement imho. And speaking about aircooling-flaws with the TJ07 allthough this contest is purely about watercooling, then you're missing the point there I guess.

10. yoishiro

yoishiro What's a Dremel?

BLACK OWN - in MATE BLACK ..... wins

the HDD cage ... u need to sell it apart from the case , thats all i need LOL

kinda looking at it again , it would be a better watercooling case if u could put more than one radiator lol , like a 360 rad on top to make it the first rad in the loop or the "Main Rad" for CPU GPU or CPU NB/SB/PWM

just sayin' at least a 360 rad on top , even the Stealth HWlabs

Last edited: 18 Apr 2011
  11. geort45

geort45 What's a Dremel?

Proteus! Looks great and a smaller case would be of no use to me :(, also not a big fan of cube-like cases. All contenders are great, I just decided by which case I'd actually buy for myself :)

12. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

So who do I contact at Phobya to reserve on of each?

:)

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I really like Black Owls hdd bays. I'm a freak, I'm all about the bays :lol:

14. srx08

srx08 What's a Dremel?

These cases offer nothing that you can't really already find. Why bother making these HUGE cases, when the market is flooded with Full sized ATX cases.

Why doesn't anyone design a M-atx or Mini ITX case. Seriously...

15. geort45

geort45 What's a Dremel?

'Cause the cases are for watercooling. Phobya makes watercooling equipment, so it makes sense. It'd be another whole story to design a "normal" small case, it'd be for a different market, these are for enthusiasts :)

16. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Ok, after 8 posts you feel the right to rip into people who competed here?

The design brief was for a case that was ideal for watercooling. It's easier, and more common, to watercool full ATX rigs. Hence most of the designs were full sized rigs.

If you want m-atx designs search for the previous MNPCTech design contests, theres a m-atx one in there somewhere.

Honestly, show me ANY current or discontinued full towers on the market that look as awesome as these 4, even as awesome as the top 10 designs.

Personal tastes vary, I understand, but the market is still there.

17. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I went for a m-ATX size case at first, but realized that it was only a niche market. The goal was to design a case that could fit everyone's need ... and some need more than 2 cards or a lot of HDDs, multiple rad or loop.

If you want, I'm working to reduce the design I made for this contest to fit mATX only instead of EATX.

But again, that's only because I only need mATX. It' very hard not to end with a "big" case when you target watercooling (with all the hardware and rad inside the case).

take a look at my post here : Monolith mATX

Feel free to make any inputs as it helps me to improve my design :thumb:. But keep in mind that my goal is to keep a small footprint, I don't care about the height (but it'll be less than 600mm).

Last edited: 19 Apr 2011
  18. kaiser

kaiser What's a Dremel?

Shame I can't vote..

I'd go for Roboduck's, simply because their design features the best airflow through the rad, tho given the choice I'd buy Black Owl due to it looking so damn sexy ;)

As for the above debate, I agree that gaming worthy ITX cases are few and far between but when your talking about ultra-high end watercooling like Phobya is famous for, the price tag of the rest of the hardware would make a £300-£400 case like these would end up being just a drop in the bucket.

19. Anirudh

Anirudh What's a Dremel?

I totally agree with you, now that there are Sandy Bridge Boards, we need an epic case to join the mobo

20. Anirudh

Anirudh What's a Dremel?

I want mini itx rather than micro

Tags: Add Tags