1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel reports record Q1 revenue

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

3. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I wonder if Intel is hiring in the UK...?

Last edited: 20 Apr 2011
  4. rollo

rollo Modder

Amd are in trouble if there next set Of CPUs can't give intel a run for it's money they have to beat sandybridge and i don't see it happening

5. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Reminds me that i still need to sort out my motherboard replacement out!

6. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

everything ive seen tells me that recalls have little effect on profit for most companies. look at the auto industry. they have more recalls than any other and they still manage to post huge record profits every year. even with fords huge cruise control recall here in the US, they were the only one of the big three that didnt take government handouts when the economy splattered.

7. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

Ironically they need AMD to stay competitive or they're be staring at monopoly and anti trust claims again. At least the chipset fiasco burnt off a bit of money to stop their profits being too embarrassing

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

intel wouldn't be doing nearly as good as they are now if amd released llano and bulldozer several months ago. seriously, i know they're trying to avoid the issue they encountered with the original phenom but this is just annoyingly long.

i don't remember intel buying mcaffee. probably the worst investment i've never heard of - mcaffee is the worst paid antivirus program i know of. so they basically just bought something that completely sucks and is not going to do anything for them at all. why does intel want them anyway? what does it have anything to do with their current products? if they wanted the program to be more Intel-optimized they could have just paid mcaffee for a few additions and changes.

9. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

I recall a news post stating that they were intersted in AV integration with their chips...

10. echeb

echeb What's a Dremel?

yeh, hardware based AV. http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2010/08/20/intel-buys-mcafee/1

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

20+ per cent annual revenue increase?! HOLY SH**! If you reach the scale Intel is working on anything in double digits is amazing but over 15% is like hitting the jackpot. :jawdrop:

Fingers crossed my new employer can do the same & increase revenue to $35bn in 2011. Should make talking about a bigger bonus or better base pay in early 2012 easier. ;)

Tags: Add Tags